USC to wear red at UCLA!

oddball

While I see the excitement of a soccer-style arrangement with team's jerseys, where instead of home and away, teams would have main and switch jerseys I think the main part about this particular case is that they are both "Los Angeles's team." So it makes a load of sense to both wear "home" jerseys.

In terms of Michigan vs. Ohio State, the road team certainly isn't home, so I think it holds less significance.

UT/Oklahoma would be another candidate since its neutral site. KU/MU as well.

I love the tradition angle and all, but that ain't their home stadium (though as often as they're playing in the Rose Bowl every Jan. 1, it may as well be).

I like Sean's idea about the annual neutral site contests though.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

While I see the excitement of a soccer-style arrangement with team's jerseys, where instead of home and away, teams would have main and switch jerseys I think the main part about this particular case is that they are both "Los Angeles's team." So it makes a load of sense to both wear "home" jerseys.

In terms of Michigan vs. Ohio State, the road team certainly isn't home, so I think it holds less significance.

UT/Oklahoma would be another candidate since its neutral site. KU/MU as well.

Harvard and Yale would be another perfect candidate for this as well!

because think about the school colors doesn't clash w/ each other,plus the mid-field logo has an Y and an H

this issue was discussed and BUTCHERED on PTI yesterday... both wilbon and lebatard had NO CLUE that the gentlemen's agreement was in place between the coaches...

as a matter of fact they raised the idea that carroll was actually trying to instigate/rub it in to UCLA by "disrespecting" them by refusing to wear their road whites...

what a joke!!

I love the tradition angle and all, but that ain't their home stadium (though as often as they're playing in the Rose Bowl every Jan. 1, it may as well be).

I like Sean's idea about the annual neutral site contests though.

I think that USC/UCLA get a pass since neither stadium is a true on-campus stadium. The Rose Bowl is a 30 min - 1 hr drive from the UCLA campus, and while USC is next to the coliseum, it isn't on-campus and they in fact are considered tenants (like UCLA was when both schools played there). Besides, there's usually so many fans from the visitors at both stadia that it might as well be neutral site.

VmWIn6B.png

The game looked fantastic. Two of the best uniforms in all of football on display. Too bad the game itself didn't have the same quality. I agree with the sentiment that it should be kept to games on neutral sites or where it makes geographical sense. A few people have brought up Ohio State and Michigan. I don't think that makes sense. Neither team would classify the other's place as a "home" game.

BB52Big.jpg

I loved the color jerseys for UCLA/USC game and think it would be great for some rivalry games OSU/Michigan I think would be cool to see but obiviously some rivals you could do it for if the opposing colors were just different shades of whatever the color. I like the contrast in colors on the field together though! who cares if it is home or not... just my opinion

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I suppose both teams wearing their home jerseys makes sense for a game such as USC-UCLA that has an actual history of doing so, but I'm totally against it in other situations. I know I'm in the minority here, but I much prefer the contrast between dark and white -- otherwise it looks like a Pop Warner game from 1967.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

i wish more teams would do this, i really liked it and i am not a huge fan of white uniforms, we have HDTV now, we should have color on the feild

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I suppose both teams wearing their home jerseys makes sense for a game such as USC-UCLA that has an actual history of doing so, but I'm totally against it in other situations. I know I'm in the minority here, but I much prefer the contrast between dark and white -- otherwise it looks like a Pop Warner game from 1967.

Bama-Tennessee has a strong history of this...

UT-UA.jpg

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Archived