USC to wear red at UCLA!

oddball

I agree. If the NCAA gave Miami U. and Buffalo permission to wear their darks against each other this year, then they should allow USC and UCLA to do the same. The NCAA should give teams the option of submitting a waiver for them to wear dark uniforms one game per year as long as they are not the same color.

This would be better if UCLA was still wearing those jerseys from the Cade McNown/Skip Hicks era ('96ish-'98-ish)--you know, the jerseys with them old-style numbers. I miss those things.

But still...from a color standpoint, that oughtta be a sight to see.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've known about this for months, actually. Neuheisel and Carrol have a gentlemens' agreement where when the visitor is charged a timeout for uniform infraction, the other immediately calls their own.

VmWIn6B.png

I've known about this for months, actually. Neuheisel and Carrol have a gentlemens' agreement where when the visitor is charged a timeout for uniform infraction, the other immediately calls their own.

I am surprised that these coaches would each give up a timeout (even if it is equal) to do this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love this! Can't wait to see the game, should be a great contest and have some fantastic uniforms on display.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I am surprised that these coaches would each give up a timeout (even if it is equal) to do this.

Well, it's a first half timeout, but as Gothamite said, tradition is VERY important to both teams, and both coaches are trying to rebuild the rivalry to more than something akin to Lakers/Clippers.

VmWIn6B.png

ESPN has an article on their front page saying it is one timeout per half. Seems like a steep penalty, and a rather dumb one at that. I love the idea of red against light blue. Now if UCLA would just bring back the fancy number font from the early-to-mid-90s, I would be even more excited.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

ESPN has an article on their front page saying it is one timeout per half. Seems like a steep penalty, and a rather dumb one at that. I love the idea of red against light blue. Now if UCLA would just bring back the fancy number font from the early-to-mid-90s, I would be even more excited.

I wish they would bring those numbers back too but I think that Dorrell and Neuhesiel wore the same style as the current ones so we might not see the old numbers for a while. I liked those uniforms so much I own a Deshaun Foster jersey, and I grew up a USC fan!

sig.jpg

I wish they would bring those numbers back too but I think that Dorrell and Neuhesiel wore the same style as the current ones so we might not see the old numbers for a while. I liked those uniforms so much I own a Deshaun Foster jersey, and I grew up a USC fan!

I would much prefer UCLA bring back the white jerseys with the dark blue numerals before bringing back the fancy number font from the mid-90s.

Fantastic !! I was at that game two years ago and wished USC was in Cardinal...

Maybe Tennessee and Alabama can go back to the days of orange and crimson on the field at the same time...

And maybe Michigan and Ohio State can start a similar tradition....

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Maybe Tennessee and Alabama can go back to the days of orange and crimson on the field at the same time...

I'm all in line with the UT-Bama idea, since the hues are more than far enough apart.

I think we get into the too-close range with Mich-OSU. To me, it can only really work with the lighter of the dark colors -- light blues, golds, yellows, orange (Tenn. orange, yeah ... Texas, not as much).

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I'm all in line with the UT-Bama idea, since the hues are more than far enough apart.

I think we get into the too-close range with Mich-OSU. To me, it can only really work with the lighter of the dark colors -- light blues, golds, yellows, orange (Tenn. orange, yeah ... Texas, not as much).

You really think that Michigan-Ohio State colors are too close? Think back to any rec league basketball league you've played in where the league provided those smelly old two color jerseys--it was never too hard to tell between two darker colors, say, green and blue. I think maize-blue and scarlet-gray would look great.

And cast my vote for BYU-Utah, Florida-Georgia, USC-Notre Dame, and Texas-Oklahoma as games that should feature both teams wearing their home uniforms. Just not Army-Navy!

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived