ESPN's The Greatest Game Ever Played

chestnutz

Yeah, the interviews are great. Watching players from today talk about the game with the guys who played in the game is very cool.

The color looks very fake, but it's not something that bothers me all that much. It's cool to see this game, which I've clips from before in black and white, in color.

IUe6Hvh.png

I loved how Unitas basically walked off the field after they scored the final touchdown. He handed the ball off, watched his back get into the endzone, then put his head down and walked off.

Unitas: "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta."

Well there was no ESPN Original Entertainment in those days.

Not to mention no NFL Network

Ahem.

NFL Network.

Thanks.

No no no, thank you for not paying attention. :P

i think he meant NFL Films

whn's the replay? i forgot to tell the DVR.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

After watching it last night, I've got no complaints really, other than I thought the program could have contained less player commentary and more of the actual game itself. Aside from that one thing, well done by ESPN.

And fkaKrock5cent, the player alongside Michael Strahan was the Colts' Art Donovan.

6uXNWAo.png

Ahem.

NFL Network.

Thanks.

No, he was replying to this...

Is it just me or does it seem like ESPN shows less NFL Films than they used to? ESPN Classic doesn't even show them.

When I was a kid you could pretty much find an NFL films show on ESPN or ESPN 2 at least once a day.

And he wrote this...

Ahem.

NFL Network.

Thanks.

Someone had said the same thing about three posts prior.

BB52Big.jpg

Ahem.

NFL Network.

Thanks.

No, he was replying to this...

Is it just me or does it seem like ESPN shows less NFL Films than they used to? ESPN Classic doesn't even show them.

When I was a kid you could pretty much find an NFL films show on ESPN or ESPN 2 at least once a day.

And he wrote this...

Ahem.

NFL Network.

Thanks.

Someone had said the same thing about three posts prior.

BB52Big.jpg

After watching it last night, I've got no complaints really, other than I thought the program could have contained less player commentary and more of the actual game itself. Aside from that one thing, well done by ESPN.

And fkaKrock5cent, the player alongside Michael Strahan was the Colts' Art Donovan.

I think they used all they had. The original TV broadcast is long gone and this was made from the avalable clips (that was mentioned in the beginning by Chris Berman). And how does anyone that posts on here not know who Art Donovan is? He used to be a regular on Letterman, and occasionally Leno. And his book FATSO is the funniest book ever about sports. His health has been in decline so he has not been on TV as much.I thought is was excellent and will be buying the DVD. One thing that I learned over the last few days was that they used MANURE on the field to dry it out, I was surprised that didn't make it onto the program. Also if you look at the player interviews on ESPN the clips were longer. I was also impressed at the level of respect the current players had for the older ones. But maybe it was who they picked. And yea it just missed having Johnny U with the Manning brothers.

I hope the next thing ESPN does is a program on Chuck Bednarik. Now that is one tough SOB.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I think they used all they had. The original TV broadcast is long gone and this was made from the avalable clips (that was mentioned in the beginning by Chris Berman). And how does anyone that posts on here not know who Art Donovan is? He used to be a regular on Letterman, and occasionally Leno. And his book FATSO is the funniest book ever about sports. His health has been in decline so he has not been on TV as much.I thought is was excellent and will be buying the DVD. One thing that I learned over the last few days was that they used MANURE on the field to dry it out, I was surprised that didn't make it onto the program. Also if you look at the player interviews on ESPN the clips were longer. I was also impressed at the level of respect the current players had for the older ones. But maybe it was who they picked. And yea it just missed having Johnny U with the Manning brothers.

I hope the next thing ESPN does is a program on Chuck Bednarik. Now that is one tough SOB.

Anyone around here who doesn't know Art Donovan should be suspended for a week so they can read his book and search youtube for his TV appearances. Once that is complete they can apply for reinstatement to CCSLC. Didn't know Art Donovan? I mean really...

BB52Big.jpg

Archived