MLB Time Warp

JamieRose

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TampaBayRays1923Logo.png

The typeface looks a lot like the one the Pirates use. I like that. However, I think the "spikes" on some of the characters (the "S" for example) over-complicate things when compared to more uncluttered (for lack of a better word) letters like the "T." Is there some way you can either reduce the size of the spikes or else remove some of them so that the typeface looks more even throughout the words?

• 3 weeks later...

YAY Back on track! With my last class project done, and the next one being started tomorrow, I'm going to spend some time on this little project again.

So here we go, the 1923 Tampa Bay Rays. This one's kind of playing off of the Giants and Pirates of the time, but i wanted to bring the look to the American League. Once again simple, but changes will be coming in the next couple decades..

Logos:

TampaBayRays1923Logo.png

Uniform:

TampaBayRays1923Uni.png

So yay, be ready for the Manta Rays in the next few decades!

Also, there'll be the Arizona Diamondbacks, and... Charlotte?? Stay tuned..

TDZiMMB.png

I'm not exactly buying the '53 Rockies set with the current typeface. It just doesn't look like a font that would have been used back them. My suggestion would be to modify it with a similar looking font that would be similar to that time era (a-la Phillies).

However, this project is a terrific idea. You are coming up with some very good ideas.

• 7 months later...

What's that? An update?? That's right, after a few months hiatus my MLB Time Warp Project has returned!!

Here are the 1928 Arizona Diamond Backs!

ArizonaDBacks1928Logo.png

ArizonaDBacks1928Uni.png

I kind of went with a Chicago/ Detroit style here. You can also see the beginnings of the slanted A logo. After a few seasons of adversity and relocating, the owners decided to create a new look to help differentiate them from the rest of the league. They decided to go with a red and purple color scheme, which in a league of reds, blues, and blacks really stood out. This would mark a new beginning in the soon to be "Diamondbacks" franchise.

TDZiMMB.png

I thought italics weren't invented until the early '90s.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i love that phoenix has a mlb team in 1903 before Arizona is a state, and phoenix has a population of 7000 at the most.

this is a neat idea though, the rockies 50s set looks niiiice

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

i love that phoenix has a mlb team in 1903 before Arizona is a state, and phoenix has a population of 7000 at the most.

Thanks, Buzz Killinton buzzkill.jpg:P

I dont know how i missed this series before, but its an incredible idea keep it up!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I dont know how i missed this series before, but its an incredible idea keep it up!

Oh, on the contrary, I've quite a mastery of the humorous yarn. For example, do any of you know the tale of how cornmeal came to be? Neither did the miller when he left his house that morning.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Oh, on the contrary, I've quite a mastery of the humorous yarn. For example, do any of you know the tale of how cornmeal came to be? Neither did the miller when he left his house that morning.

orson-clapping.gifWell played, sir.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived