MLB Time Warp

JamieRose

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's that? An update?? That's right, after a few months hiatus my MLB Time Warp Project has returned!!

Here are the 1928 Arizona Diamond Backs!

ArizonaDBacks1928Logo.png

ArizonaDBacks1928Uni.png

I kind of went with a Chicago/ Detroit style here. You can also see the beginnings of the slanted A logo. After a few seasons of adversity and relocating, the owners decided to create a new look to help differentiate them from the rest of the league. They decided to go with a red and purple color scheme, which in a league of reds, blues, and blacks really stood out. This would mark a new beginning in the soon to be "Diamondbacks" franchise.

Incredible work on a great concept idea. I love the work you've done so far except for the '28 Diamondbacks. It just looks a little too modern for the era to me.

87Redskins.png

Great series, really loving it.

The only thing I can pick at is the 70s Rockies set. I, too, think they don't quite look 70s enough. Maybe if you made the front part of the cap's crown gray, and the brim purple. It would mirror the Brewers, Orioles, Twins, Padres and other teams of that era.

Otherwise, can't wait for next.

• 1 month later...

The 1973 Florida Marlins. After losing their lease in the Tallahassee area, the Marlins moved into the Orange Bowl in Miami with the NFL's dolphins. To honor their new "roommates", the Marlins changed their colors to teal and orange. (Yes, I'm doing the Marlins backwards)

FloridaMarlins1973Logo.png

FloridaMarlins1973Uni.png

TDZiMMB.png

• 3 months later...

This thread is very cool. Lets see all the teams!!

Howabout you don't bump old threads and make demands, mkay?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've actually been redoing most of the original concepts here. I put the Rockies on a new template and made some minor tweaks to the logos and such (my three followers on deviantART have already seen them). I still haven't designed anything new yet, but I have a bunch of ideas floating around.

And as for all the teams.. I don't think anybody here would be blown away by a 1926 Red Sox uniform "concept".

TDZiMMB.png

Since this is my first time seeing the 70s Marlins, I have to say it's probably the strongest one of the series so far. If anything, my only beef is that it doesn't look garish enough for a 1970s era Florida team (see: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Floridians). I see a team that dove headfirst into the mix-and-match bandwagon of that era, complete with a pair of orange pants and probably an alternate orange hat with a teal bill.

Archived