If it were up to me...

_RH_

Well over Christmas break I've seen many design threads so that got me thinking about how I would make the entire NHL look. I will be posting these in groups of 5. View in full size for best effect. I'd like to thank RandyC and RogerClemente for their templates. I am attempting to simplify each team, here are my preferences.

1. Only previously seen logos/ reebok edge jerseys will be used.

2. All teams will be altered (maybe 1 or 2 sacred exceptions).

3. No front numbers.

4. No alternate jerseys.

5. The crests will be essentially the same for the home and road jerseys.

6. The jersey template will be the same for the home and road jerseys.

7. White jerseys will be worn at home.

Here are the first 5 (1/6):

Anaheim: Switched logo.

Anaheim.png

Atlanta: Used third jersey template.

Atlanta.png

Boston: Altered trim on shoulder to continue all the way around.

Boston.png

Buffalo: Returned to old set, used current number font.

Buffalo.png

Calgary: Used Washington template for top half of jersey, removed black from color scheme.

Calgary.png

I'd love to hear comments, thanks.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me first say I think this is an awesome project, and I am not ignoring all the other redesign projects currently going on. I don't necessarily agree that the home and away has to be the same base for everyone, but I admire you actually doing all of these before posting.

Anaheim: Those hem stripes should really go all the way around, and the D looks small and off-center on the black jersey.

Atlanta: Looks great except I wish the white jersey had more navy.

Boston: Continuing the trim didn't really do anything for me, I would change the collar on the white jersey, and I like their current font better.

Buffalo: Great except I don't like the font. Nor the triple stripe on the blue that much. (I know it's what they wore) I don't know, maybe if you made the middle one white.

Calgary: The sleeves need a yellow trim on back too, at least on the white jersey.

Again, I love it.

Anaheim: Those hem stripes should really go all the way around

Calgary: The sleeves need a yellow trim on back too, at least on the white jersey.

I agree with both of these modifications, although I was trying not to add anything to the edge templates, I'm using only what we've seen on current jerseys.

I will be posting the second group later today.

Anaheim: Those hem stripes should really go all the way around, and the D looks small and off-center on the black jersey.

That logo is centered and the same size. He just didn't add an outline to the logo for dark color use.

I know. But it looks weird, is what I'm saying. Maybe he should add an outline.

Alright, here is the second of six sets.

Carolina: Arm striping now matches bottom striping. Switched primary and alt. logos.

Carolina.png

Chicago: Removed black cuff on white jersey, changed white area to red at bottom of red jersey.

Chicago.png

Colorado: Simplification, removed black from color scheme.

Colorado.png

Columbus: Changed striping at bottom to mimic shoulder striping. Added outline to font.

Columbus.png

Dallas: Removed black from color scheme. Copied Buffalo font. I think the green jersey could use a white outline on the logo, but I don't know how to.

Dallas.png

Any comments welcome.

Dallas.png

Everythign is looking really good, I would just ike to see some more white in the home jersey. Change the DALLAS above the logo to white and maybe the inside of the Stars to white.

However, I love both jerseys great job!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Colorado has to be the worse. There is almost no design whatsoever. Looks like the current Oilers in the sense that it's plain and only piping is there.

Yes, if I were to rank these, the Avs would be dead last. All I get out of it is letters, numbers, and random piping.

All the rest are good though! :D

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Colorado has to be the worse. There is almost no design whatsoever. Looks like the current Oilers in the sense that it's plain and only piping is there.

Yes, if I were to rank these, the Avs would be dead last. All I get out of it is letters, numbers, and random piping.

All the rest are good though! :D

Wierd. I think the Avs set is the best one yet...

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Critique Time!

A couple of things; what's wrong with alternate jerseys? And what are the sacred teams?

Anaheim: Obvious changes work well; I like the new logo. But in my opinion the collar should be black and gold on the white jerseys, white and gold on the road.

Atlanta: Needs navy on the whites, and the logo should be bigger. I'd actually go with the profile of the bird in the shape of a T on the chest. It's much better than the current one.

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=16

Beantown: Call it a wash; no real changes, so I can't really say anything good or bad.

Buffalo: I like the uniform in general, but I agree with gingerbreadmann; it needs white on the blue jersey.

Calgary: Like the others said, put yellow piping on the back and you're set.

Carolina: Nice job coordinating the striping. Try putting some white around the primary logo.

Chicago: Sorry, but I like the current ones more.

Colorado: I actually like how simple it is. Very clean, but kinda boring. Weird number font too...is that their current font?

Columbus: Nice coordination of stripes.

Dallas: I like it a lot, actually. Better than the current ones. But put some white on the green jersey's log, will ya?

scotland_fifasig.png

Ok, here is the third of six sets. I'll stick to short descriptions of the changes for now and explain my thoughts after all jerseys have been posted.

Detroit: No changes except not arching the font.

Detroit.png

Edmonton: Used 1980 design with third jersey font. Made bottom of blue jersey orange instead of blue to be consistant with arm striping.

Edmonton.png

Florida: Combined Atlanta and Calgary templates along with Carolina and Phoenix fonts. Used the stick-breaking cat as the primary. Pretend the blue jersey has a white outline around the logo, I still don't know how to make a good outline.

Florida.png

Los Angles: Used current third jersey template, removed black from color scheme. Placed sleeve numbers in horizontal band section.

LosAngeles.png

Minnesota: Used current home jersey template, removed red from color scheme.

Minnesota.png

Any comments welcome.

On the Minnesota whites, I would have made the sleeve stripes green instead of beige. Right now there's little contrast. Other than that these have all looked great to me, I like how you're trying to make everything as consistent as possible.

TDZiMMB.png

If black were remved from Colorado, what color would the helmets/pants be? That maroon color?

I think the blue color would probably be better than the maroon to break up a monochrome look. Maybe after I'm done posting all the jerseys I'll see what this pant combo would look like.

Ok, here's the 4th of 6 groups.

Montreal: Removed bottom stripes, used old alt as white jersey. Side numbers now in arm bands.

Montreal.png

Nashville: Used Phoenix third template, Sharks font. Total change of color scheme.

Nashville.png

New York I: Brought back the fisherman, removed net and teal from logo, used third template and old alt font. Lighthouse shoulder patch.

NeyYorkI.png

New York R: Made blue jersey shoulder striping consistent with white jersey. Added Statue of Liberty patches on shoulders.

NeyYorkR.png

New Jersey: Added stripe around shoulder area to better mimic other striping.

NewJersey.png

Any comments welcome.

I really like that devils idea, the shoulder yokes that don't match other striping is a big pet peeve of mine. I'm not really feeling the shoulder striping on the rangers blue jersey though. And on the Islanders I would make the lighthouse logo the primary and put the current primary on the shoulder, then I think you would have a winner. Overall nice work on these.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Archived