If it were up to me...

_RH_

Slight bump =) Well I haven't done many concepts for a while but I think I'll update some of these. A thread over on the main board reminded me of this...

Here were the originals:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/dillingerescapeplan10/NHL%20Redesign/

I'll be going through these comments and any additional ones you guys might have to make some changes. What should I change/keep the same?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anaheim: Good, but the logo on the away badly needs a white outline.

Atlanta: This one is a bit too fill-tool happy.

Boston and Buffalo: Looking good

Calgary: Just...no. That template wasn't good to begin with, and just doesn't fit the Flames.

Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas: All look good. I especially like Dallas' green jersey.

Colorado: Sorry, but this one is bad. There's a difference between "simplifying" and making it a blank jersey with fill-tool piping. Sorry.

Detroit and Edmonton: Looking good.

Florida: Again, too fill-tool happy.

LA and Minnesota: The logos are too big, and Minny's shoulder patches are huge. I like the purple-silver colour scheme for the Kings. For Minnesota, plain white would look much better.

Montreal, NYR, NJ: No big changes, but they still look good. Though Montreal should have waist stripes.

NYI: That is how you make fishsticks look good.

Nashville: Hands down your best concept. Very creative colour scheme.

TB and STL: Logos are too big

TO, Vancouver, and Washington: All are pretty good, but add a white outline on the weagle on the Caps' red jersey and use the white leaf on TO's blue jersey.

Philly and Phoenix: Perfect

Ottawa, SJ, and Pittsburgh: Too fill-tool happy.

Pretty good series, but don't be afraid to go outside the comfort zone of the template.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Well this isn't going to be as easy as I hoped as I don't have the original paint files, so I'll have to use GIMP to edit. Hmm, anyway here's another version of Toronto. Love the new 3rd, is the basis for these:

Toronto.png

Note the rounded hem stripes, I think that's how all stripes should be to avoid the goofy "triangular tail" look.

P.S. What's the best way to do a white outline around logos?

Archived