2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Griffey isn't expected to be the everyday leftfielder, but rather share the duties with Matt Diaz. I think he'll be more than capable of playing a somewhat half-season. Plus, he'd be a great bat of the bench for pinch-hitting and can even fill in at one of the other outfield positions or first base if someone's hurt. I like the Braves probably more than any team, other than the Cardinals, obviously, and I'd like to see him end up there, but part of me wouldn't mind seeing him in Seattle again, like he did when I was a kid and he was one of my favorite players.

Manny​ Ramir​ez and Scott​ Boras​ are in SF tonig​ht havin​g dinne​r with Giant​s Manag​ement​ Bill Neuko​m and Larry​ Baer.

Hmmm.....

I'd rather see Manny in a Giants uniform than a Dodgers uniform, either way, not a fan of both teams, but Dodgers can finally get back to mediocrity, and the Giants will get up to mediocrity with the Manny signing

Manny​ Ramir​ez and Scott​ Boras​ are in SF tonig​ht havin​g dinne​r with Giant​s Manag​ement​ Bill Neuko​m and Larry​ Baer.

Hmmm.....

I'd rather see Manny in a Giants uniform than a Dodgers uniform, either way, not a fan of both teams, but Dodgers can finally get back to mediocrity, and the Giants will get up to mediocrity with the Manny signing

Manny won't turn the Giants around for sure. At least more people will come out to see Giants games.

According to the Atlanta Braves official website, the story that broke in the ajc about Griffey picking Atlanta is false and he will have a decision by late today or early tomorrow.

Story

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Wouldn't be shocked if he went to the Mariners after the leaked "news".

According to the Atlanta Braves official website, the story that broke in the ajc about Griffey picking Atlanta is false and he will have a decision by late today or early tomorrow.

Story

This is present-day Ken Griffey Jr. we're talkin about here -- the same guy who batted 7th for the ChiSox last season.

Wherever he goes, he's not going to help. He may put a few more butts in the seats if he goes to Seattle, but that's about all.

6uXNWAo.png

Story

This is present-day Ken Griffey Jr. we're talkin about here -- the same guy who batted 7th for the ChiSox last season.

Wherever he goes, he's not going to help. He may put a few more butts in the seats if he goes to Seattle, but that's about all.

The Braves had the lowest offensive production in the league out of the left field position. I'll take my chances will a Hall of Famer who still hit decent last year.

Story

He's a good fit for a part-time roll, such as splitting leftfield duties in Atlanta. In Seattle, he can help in the outfield, but is able to DH, would probably lengthen his career a little bit longer.

Yeah, he's limited, but he's definately no washed-up shmuck, either. He can still produce.

Archived