NL East: Philadelphia, *Atlanta, New York, Florida, Washington

NL Central: Chicago, St. Louis, Houston, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh

NL West: Los Angeles, Arizona, Colorado, San Francisco, San Diego

Tampa Bay over Minnesota, Anaheim over Boston

Anaheim over Tampa Bay

Philadelphia over Chicago, Atlanta over Los Angeles

Philadelphia over Atlanta

World Series: Anaheim over Philadelphia

As pants-crappingly excited as that'd be...I don't think I'd sleep for a month if the Halos and Phightins met in the Series....and I'd probably lose every friend I have.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AL East: Red Sox, Rays (WC), Yankees, Blue Jays, Orioles

AL Central: Twins, Indians, Royals, Tigers, White Sox

AL West: Angels, A's, Rangers, Mariners

NL East: Mets, Phillies (WC), Braves, Marlins, Nationals

NL Central: Cubs, Astros, Cardinals, Reds, Brewers, Pirates

NL West: Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Rockies, Padres, Giants

ALDS: Red Sox over Twins(3), Rays over Angels(4)

NLDS: Mets over Diamondbacks(4), Phillies over Cubs(4)

ALCS: Red Sox over Rays(7)

NLCS: Phillies over Mets(5)

WS: Red Sox over Phillies(6)

AL MVP: Jason Bay(BOS)

NL MVP: David Wright(NYM)

AL Cy Young: John Lackey(LAA)

NL Cy Young: Johan Santana(NYM)

AL ROY: David Price(TB)

NL ROY: Cameron Maybin(FLA)

AL Breakout: Delmon Young(MIN)

NL Breakout: Jair Jurrjens(ATL)

AL Darkhorse: Royals

NL Darkhorse: Astros

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

My 2009 MLB Predictions

AL Central

I love my White Sox & believe that they'll compete, but I don't think they'll repeat as defending division champs. This whole divison should be competitive. As much as I dislike the Twins, I have them winning this year (they almost won last year but the Sox were lucky to win that one-game playoff at the Cell. Had that game been played in that Metrodome, the Twins would have easily won.) On a side note, I'm happy that this is the final year of baseball in the Metrodome. The Indians & Tigers both should be much better this year. The Royals will also be improved, but won't escape the cellar.

1. Twins

2. Indians

3. White Sox

4. Tigers

5. Royals

AL East

I'm on the Rays bandwagon. They'll prove that last year was no fluke & will be in a 3-team dogfight with the Yanks & Sawx. The Red Sox have a all-around solid lineup in both hitting & pitching. The Yankees have greatly improved their pitching adding Sabathia & Burrent, but team chemistry, aging veterans, & the distractions concerning A-Rod might derail their chances. Two teams in this division will make the playoffs & it won't be the Blue Jays or Orioles (this division is just too strong for either of them to compete.)

1. Rays

2. Red Sox (WC)

3. Yankees

4. Blue Jays

5. Orioles

AL West

The Angels should easily win this divison, though the A's should be competitive. The Rangers or Mariners won't be in the picture.

1. Angels

2. Athletics

3. Rangers

4. Mariners

NL Central

The Cubs should run away with this division. The Brewers will miss CC Sabathia & will fight the Cardinals for 2nd place. The Astros, Reds, & Pirates will be non-factors

1. Cubs

2. Cardinals

3. Brewers

4. Astros

5. Reds

6. Pirates

NL East

The Phillies will repeat as the top team in this divison & hold off the Mets, who will be lucky enough to make the playoffs as a wild card. The Braves should be better this year & the Marlins should be decent. The Nationals will be in last place again.

1. Phillies

2. Mets (WC)

3. Braves

4. Marlins

5. Nationals

NL West

The Dodgers should dominate this divison now that they've locked up Manny. The D-Backs should be decent. The Giants should be better. The Rockies won't be as good. The Padres are just pitiful.

1. Dodgers

2. Diamondbacks

3. Giants

4. Rockies

5. Padres

Playoff predictions

ALDS

Rays beat Twins in 5

Red Sox beat Angels in 4

ALCS

Rays beat Red Sox in 7

NLDS

Cubs beat Mets in 4

Phillies beat Dodgers in 5

NLCS

Phillies beat Cubs in 7

World Series

Rays beat Phillies in 7

MLB Predictions are really the hardest to do there is always one team that surprises and there is always one team that disappoints, but I'll have say in this.

AL East

Yankees

Red Sox (WC)

Rays

Blue Jays

Orioles

(Jays will be in the race till late August then fall out, they aren't as bad on paper as some may say)

AL Central

Cleveland

Chicago

Detroit

Minnesota

Kansas City

(One of these days the Royals will prove the a naysayers wrong and get close to a 500 win percentage)

AL West

Athletics

Angels

Rangers

Mariners

(Dethroning of the Angels happens this year, A's getting Matt Holiday was huge and reacquisition of Jason Giambi)

NL East

Phillies

Mets (WC)

Braves

Marlins

Nationals

(This Division will be the best and the Phillies, Mets and Braves will fight it out to the very end)

NL Central

Cubs

Cardinals

Reds

Astros

Brewers

Pirates

(Again don't hand this division to the Cubs now it's along season and they have to stay healthy, I could really see the Cards taking this division)

NL West

Diamondbacks

Giants

Dodgers

Rockies

Padres

(Giants could be the darlings of the whole National League, they have a good young rotation and who knows this division is so weak the G-Men of Baseball could be the Rockies of 2 years ago)

October

ALDS

Yankees over Athletics 5

Indians over Red Sox 4

ALCS

Yankees over Indians 6

NLDS

Phillies over D-Backs 3

Mets over Cubs 4

NLCS

Mets over Phillies 7

World Series

Mets over Yankees 7

(This series will be much better then 2000)

Awards

AL MVP: Mark Teixeira (NYY)

NL MVP: Albert Pujols (STL)

AL Cy Young: Roy Halladay (TOR)

NL Cy Young: Brandon Webb (ARI)

AL ROY: Travis Snider (TOR)

NL ROY: Cameron Maybin (FLA)

And my two darkhorses for this season are.

AL: Texas Rangers

NL: San Francisco Giants

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

AL EAST

Yankees

Rays

Red Sox

Orioles

Blue Jays

AL Central

White Sox

Twins

Indians

Royals

Tigers

AL West

Angels

A's

Rangers

Mariners

NL East

Phillies

Mets

Marlins

Braves

Nationals

NL Central

Cubs

Cardinals

Reds

Brewers

Astros

Pirates

NL West

Dodgers

Diamondbacks

Rockies

Giants

Padres

AL MVP: Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay

NL MVP: Hanley Ramirez, Florida

AL Cy Young: Felix Hernandez, Seattle

NL Cy Young: Cole Hamels, Philadelphia

AL ROY: Matt Wieters, Baltimore

NL ROY: Colby Rasmus, St. Louis

Play-offs

Yankees over White Sox

Angels over Rays

Angels over Yankees

Dodgers over Phillies

Cubs over Mets

Dodgers over Cubs

WORLD SERIES

Angels over Dodgers

A.L. EAST

1. New York Yankees

2. Tampa Bay Rays

3. Boston Red Sox

4. Toronto Blue Jays

5. Baltimore Orioles

A.L. CENTRAL

1. Minnesota Twins

2. Cleveland Indians

3. Kansas City Royals

4. Chicago White Sox

5. Detroit Tigers

A.L. WEST

1. Oakland Athletics

2. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

3. Texas Rangers

4. Seattle Mariners

N.L. EAST

1. Philadelphia Phillies

2. New York Mets

3. Florida Marlins

4. Washington Nationals

5. Atlanta Braves

N.L. CENTRAL

1. Chicago Cubs

2. Milwaukee Brewers

3. St. Louis Cardinals

4. Houston Astros

5. Cincinnati Reds

6. Pittsburgh Pirates

N.L. WEST

1. Arizona Diamondbacks

2. Los Angeles Dodgers

3. Colorado Rockies

4. San Francisco Giants

5. San Diego Padres

Playoffs:

AL Wild Card: Tampa Bay Rays

NL Wild Card: New York Mets

World Series: Chicago Cubs over New York Yankees (7 Games)

AL East: This is a tough division to pick because I think the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays are all preety even teams, I think the Yankees are could and it is really hard seeing them without even making it to the playoffs but I do think of the 3 they are the odd team out.

1.Rays

2.Red Sox (WC)

3.Yankees

4.Blue Jays

5.Orioles

AL Central: Not much to say about this division, I think it is the most unpredictable, but I have the Twins winning it with a very close 2nd and 3rd between Detroit and Kansas City. I think the Royals finnaly stop feeding on the bottom of the division, but I dont think they are this years Rays.

1.Minnesota

2.Detroit

3.Cleveland

4.Kansas City

5.Chicago

AL West: Easiest Division to pick so far, I think the A's are going to be in it for a little while but the Angels will start to pull away and the Rangers will give them a run for their money, which leads to possibly trading Holiday in his contract year midway.

1.Angels

2.Rangers

3.Athletics

4.Mariners

NL East: Tough to pick, and call me biased but I really do believe the Braves will have a good chance this year, it is just whether or not they can get by the Mets and the Phillies, I think the Marlins will suprise you this year and be 3rd with the Mets 4th, the Mets are kinda like the Yankees they sign the best players and then choke in the season, but it is hard to see either one doing so this year even though I do. Also the Brave's starting pitching is phenominal IMO :D.

1.Braves

2.Phillies (WC)

3.Marlins

4.Mets

5.Nationals

(This Division will be the best and the Phillies, Mets and Braves will fight it out to the very end)

NL Central: This was definately the toughest one to predict in the NL, and it is like the AL Central, I think the top 3 or 4 maybe even 5 teams will stay within 5 - 10 games of each other, but the Cubs are too good to lose, and I think the Reds young team will come close, but I think the Astros are the best team to give the Cubs a scare for 2nd.

1.Cubs

2.Astros

3.Reds

4.Cardinals

5.Brewers

6.Pirates

NL West: This was actually easy for me too, It will be between the D-Backs and Dodgers only, having Manny all year and looking at their lineup, the Dodgers will win, but the D-Backs will make it close and they will fight for the Wild Card too, then the bottom 3 is a toss-up to me, I dont see why everyone is freaking out over the Giants, yes their rotation looks great but they can't hit, they got Renteria, Aaron Rowand, and Molina and that's about it. Until they get a serious bat I dont see them competing for the 1 spot anytime soon.

1.Dodgers

2.Diamondbacks

3.Giants

4.Rockies

5.Padres

Playoffs

ALDS

1.Angels over 4.Red Sox

2.Rays over 3.Twins

ALCS

2.Rays over 1.Angels

NLDS

1.Cubs over 4.Phillies

2.Braves over 3.Dodgers

NLCS

2.Braves over 1.Cubs

World Series

2.Braves over 2.Rays!

(Realisticly I think if the Cubs and Braves play in the NLCS the Cubs will probably win and make it to the World Series where they would beat the Rays as well)

Awards

AL MVP: Even Longoria (TB)

NL MVP: Chipper Jones (ATL): If he had stayed healthy last year, he probably would have won then.

AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee (CLE)

NL Cy Young: Tim Lincecum (SF)

AL ROY: David Price (TB)

NL ROY: Jordan Schaefer (ATL)

Yeah I know no one expects the Braves to win this year, that's exactly why something like this might happen :D

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

All I know is its going to be a bad season to be a Jays fan. <_<

I wouldn't get all down this team has some pieces that could be special and I'm really looking forward to Travis Snider.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Crap. This starts tonight. Anyone else completely caught off-guard? I should be champing at the bit to FINALLY get this started since it's already the 5th, but I'm just not as jazzed as I usually am. It's like how if you sleep in until like 10, you realize "oh crap it's already 10 in the morning I gotta get outta bed and start my day!", but if you sleep in until noon, you're just like "oh, hm. it's noon."

I blame the economy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

National League

EAST: Phillies

CENTRAL: Cardinals

WEST: Dodgers

Wild Card: Cubs

American League

EAST: Rays

CENTRAL: Twins

WEST: Angels

Wild Card: Yankees

Playoffs

NLDS:

Cardinals over Dodgers, 3-2

Phillies over Cubs, 3-1

ALDS:

Angels over Yankees, 3-2

Rays over Twins, 3-1

NLCS:

Cardinals over Phillies, 4-3

ALCS:

Rays over Angels, 4-2

World Series:

Rays over Cardinals, 4-3

... Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

bigmike, I want your prediction to come true in the worst way. They certainly have the pitching to surprise some people.

In other news: OPENING DAY IS TODAY!!!!!

I actually re-scheduled my flight back to Iraq so I can watch the Braves and Phillies! ;)

bigmike, I want your prediction to come true in the worst way. They certainly have the pitching to surprise some people.

In other news: OPENING DAY IS TODAY!!!!!

I actually re-scheduled my flight back to Iraq so I can watch the Braves and Phillies! ;)

Haha yeah I really do think we got a good chance but we are in one hell of a division, I can't wait till tonight's game, I have never looked more foward to a Sunday night (mainly because I have to go to school the next day) but I cant wait for tonight. Get to see Lowe and Schaefer, to think I actually have to root for Rollins because he is on my fantasy team, but I still have Chipper and Escobar :D so I have more Braves than Phillies.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I know it's Opening Night, but here's my picks for the season.

AL East

1. New York Yankees (What we forget is that the Yanks needed pitchers for the rotation... Boy, did they ever get that taken care of. But, they must survive the first month without A-Rod)

2. Boston Red Sox (Same old Red Sox team that will fight all the way to the very end)

3. Tampa Bay Rays (Shocked the hell out of everyone last year... But the others are now prepared to fight off the Rays)

4. Baltimore Orioles (Youth movement will give O's faithful something to look forward to)

5. Toronto Blue Jays (Something tells me that Halladay is going to get hurt. When it does happen, then all of the Blue Jay fans will start to wonder when the Argos start their CFL season)

AL Central

1. Cleveland Indians (Yes, they don't have Sabathia anymore. Don't need him, though, thanks to Cliff Lee)

2. Kansas City Royals (I might be crazy here, but the Royals might actually have the talent to make some noise here)

3. Minnesota Twins (Good team, but there isn't enough there to make a massive charge at Cleveland)

4. Detroit Tigers (They can still pound the ball, and that's a good thing since there won't be many people to see those balls fly out of Comerica Park)

5. Chicago White Sox (Boy, has this team fallen off the wagon big time)

AL West

1. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (This team is the best in this weak division, which is basically saying they're the smartest kid in a classroom full of retards)

2. Oakland A's (Holliday and Giambi gives them some massive pop, but that isn't enough to catch the Angels)

3. Seattle Mariners (Junior's back... Too bad the honeymoon ends the moment Seattle starts to play poorly)

4. Texas Rangers (This team and Seattle are interchangeable in terms of placement, but I don't know if Ranger fans are going to give a damn when the new Cowboys Stadium is right next door)

AL Wild Card: Boston (Kansas City and Oakland each finish 5 games back)

AL Playoffs:

-Los Angeles def. Boston in 4 games

-New York def. Cleveland in 5 games

-New York def. Los Angeles in 6 games

NL East

1. Philadelphia Phillies (Defending champs start on top and finishes the season on top.. of their division, that is)

2. New York Mets (All of this talent and a brand new home only means one thing: Another massive September meltdown)

3. Atlanta Braves (If Philly and New York choke massively, the Bravos could return to the throne they once held for many years)

4. Florida Marlins (Marlin fans now know they'll have a home in the future. Now, let's see if they can keep some of that good talent)

5. Washington Nationals (Looks like I'm right about Washington not deserving another MLB team, right?)

NL Central

1. Chicago Cubs (Is this the end of the Curse? Survey says... HELL NO!)

2. Cincinnati Reds (Much like Kansas City in the AL, Cincy has the young talent to make some noise in the NL)

3. Milwaukee Brewers (After finally ending their playoff drought, it's time to start a new drought)

4. St. Louis Cardinals (Well... They'll host the All-Star Game)

5. Houston Astros (Not much to say about Houston... No, really. I don't have much here)

6. Pittsburgh Pirates (The only reason to give a damn about the Buccos: The pitchers from India)

NL West

1. Los Angeles Dodgers (Manny is going to be Manny, and Manny is going to make the Dodgers a force to reckon with)

2. Arizona Diamondbacks (D-Backs want another chance at Manny and the Dodgers)

3. San Francisco Giants (Much different team from, say, three years ago when it was all Barry Bonds all the time)

4. Colorado Rockies (That run to the World Series sure feels like a long time ago, doesn't it?)

5. San Diego Padres (The Greatest Prize of the Trade Deadline [Patent Pending] plays here)

NL Wild Card: Arizona Diamondbacks (Cincinnati finishes 3 games back, New York finishes 4 games back)

NL Playoffs

-Los Angeles def. Chicago in 4 games

-Arizona def. Philadelphia in 5 games

-Los Angeles def. Arizona in 7 games

2009 World Series

New York Yankees def. Los Angeles Dodgers in 7 games (MVP: Alex Rodriguez)

Archived