Which city has the best set of logos?

yoo

with the recent sig craze,as seen in mine i though which city/region/state/area has the best set of logos? (or worse)

my favorite by far is Pittsburgh and Calgary,love when a city's teams share the same colors,and the logo's are flawless IMO (i'm counting the Pirates "P" as there primary)

yoo3.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're talking about the literal "logos", then I fail to see how Pittsburgh can take it.

Certainly this logo is not great by any of the objective measures that we usually use to scrutinize logos:

PiratesLogo.jpg

and this is not great unless you factor in its history and back story:

steelers.gif

I think that if you want to make a case that Pittsburgh's teams have the best overall on-field look, that's a better argument than saying that they have the best overall "logos".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The obvious answer is Green Bay. Sure, it's only one logo, but it's a great logo. Any other city with multiple teams has at least one with a worse logo than Green Bay's, bringing that city's average below Green Bay. Ergo, from a purely objective standpoint, Green Bay wins.

20082614447.png

The obvious answer is Green Bay. Sure, it's only one logo, but it's a great logo. Any other city with multiple teams has at least one with a worse logo than Green Bay's, bringing that city's average below Green Bay. Ergo, from a purely objective standpoint, Green Bay wins.

That in mind, let's keep this to cities with a three-logo minimum.

1. St. Louis. This is a no-brainer for me. The bluenote and bird-on-bat are arguably the best logos of their respective leagues. The Rams' logo might get overshadowed by their brilliant helmet, but it's still a solid addition to round out a great-looking sports city.

2. Chicago. You could take the primary logo from any Chicago team and they would be just as at home in 1909 as 2009.

3. Houston. Kind of the opposite of Chicago here, a city with great modern logos.

Detroit and Miami get honorable mentions, but I hesitate to give credit to NBA teams with basketballs as their logos.

It's a homer choice, but I think a good case can be made for Detroit. All four major sports teams have classy, iconic logos and sensible color schemes.

This along with Chicago. I think it really helps that their NBA teams have nice logos. (Most of the NBA logos are garbage in my opinion)

It's Chicago for me. Most of their logos are simple, classic, and instantly recognizable. Even the Chicago Fire come close to having a proper Soccer Crest.

As a side note, some members might be interested to know that the Chicago Bulls logo was designed by Ted Drake, the same man who designed the Notre Dame Fighting Leprechaun logo. (I know. I know. Some of you already know this. I bow to your superior logo knowledge. Please don't flame me.)

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

1. St. Louis. This is a no-brainer for me. The bluenote and bird-on-bat are arguably the best logos of their respective leagues. The Rams' logo might get overshadowed by their brilliant helmet, but it's still a solid addition to round out a great-looking sports city.

2. Chicago. You could take the primary logo from any Chicago team and they would be just as at home in 1909 as 2009.

3. Houston. Kind of the opposite of Chicago here, a city with great modern logos.

Detroit and Miami get honorable mentions, but I hesitate to give credit to NBA teams with basketballs as their logos.

Which fits with the city so well. Houston is one of the truly modern cities in america. The city and the logos merge beautifully together.

Your premise is flawed. The Packers' logo isn't even all that special. It's just a 'G' in an oval. That portrays absolutely nothing about packing, and since there's no 'B' to go with it, it doesn't even adequately represent the city's initials. Using your formula, Green Bay is average at best.

And with all that said, don't you think other cities have better logos than this?:

Story.jpg

That in mind, let's keep this to cities with a three-logo minimum.

well the first post said city/state/region

so the packers should fall in line with the Bucks and Brewers

and Wisconsin is high on my list,although not logos for all there teams per say, a piece of cheese,a beer,and a Deer B) ,thats funny and cool ^_^

yoo3.png

If we're talking about the literal "logos", then I fail to see how Pittsburgh can take it.

Certainly this logo is not great by any of the objective measures that we usually use to scrutinize logos:

PiratesLogo.jpg

and this is not great unless you factor in its history and back story:

steelers.gif

I think that if you want to make a case that Pittsburgh's teams have the best overall on-field look, that's a better argument than saying that they have the best overall "logos".

Agreed. Ive always thought that pirates logo was horrid.

Go back to the one in my sig, pirates. Now.

As far as on-field look, the pens recent downgrade brings the city down. If they wore any of their other jerseys right now (save for the robo pigeon gradients of mass distruction jersey), then we might top the list.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived