Texas Rangers Uniform Tweaks

scottysprings

Alright, everyone's righteously giving the Rangers some flack over their newly revealed uniform set. This is what I, and seemingly others, think the Rangers should've gone with. I got rid of any traces of black from the uniforms. The blue is still the primary color over the red, but I fixed up the red alt to something similar to what they wore back when they had Pudge, Raffy, etc. I would like to mention as well I would have them wearing blue cleats- I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm a self proclaimed colored-cleat advocate, I'd like to see more teams in white or colored cleats. Okay, now tell me what you think:

Rangers.png

Replacing the "TEXAS" wordmark on the home jerseys with "RANGERS" is pretty obvious. I still don't know why they would put the city/state name on their home jerseys. Who are they? The Knicks?! If the Rangers aren't screwed up enough.

Perfect— other than the blue brim on the red hat. it's just a personal preference that if hats are 2-toned, the lighter tone should always go on the brim (see A's, Braves, Orioles). i'd have gone with their mid-90's era all-red hats.

Excellent work though, I too think white cleats would rock with this set.

There are some teams that cry out for striped socks/stirrups. Boston and St. Louis are probably the two teams that most do so. You probably won't see a (good) Yankees concept with striped socks.

I'm unconvinced that the Rangers are one of those teams where striped socks would really fit in with who they are. Convince me.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

There are some teams that cry out for striped socks/stirrups. Boston and St. Louis are probably the two teams that most do so. You probably won't see a (good) Yankees concept with striped socks.

I'm unconvinced that the Rangers are one of those teams where striped socks would really fit in with who they are. Convince me.

It's just a matter of preference I suppose; I think solid blue socks would still look great in this set but I just prefer stripes over solids in most situations.

Alright, everyone's righteously giving the Rangers some flack over their newly revealed uniform set. This is what I, and seemingly others, think the Rangers should've gone with. I got rid of any traces of black from the uniforms. The blue is still the primary color over the red, but I fixed up the red alt to something similar to what they wore back when they had Pudge, Raffy, etc. I would like to mention as well I would have them wearing blue cleats- I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm a self proclaimed colored-cleat advocate, I'd like to see more teams in white or colored cleats. Okay, now tell me what you think:

Rangers.png

I agree about the cleats. I would add numbers on the front. I would also add a blue jersey similar to the red jersey. (I assume the blue jersey here is a BP jersey.) And (heresy alert) dump the gray jersey. Otherwise, this looks good.

Packers-2.png

Archived