Blue Jays new road alternate

bowld

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get the feeling it may be this one:

gastonbluefront.jpg

Based on SSUR, all colors are present, and for those who dont see it immediately, the powder blue is on the sleeve cuffs.

SSUR also reports that the primary uniform colour of this jersey is Light Blue "Powder Blue"

This is the jersey that Majestic is showing in the Fall 09 catalogue. I am not in the office today but I will post the page tomorrow when I'm back. The blue is a little bit lighter. I sent Neon Matrix the page so if Neon wants to post it...go ahead!

But when it comes to roads, I love it when the teams venture away from the standard gray. The Marlins and Rays used to have a nice green-gray, and I know the Cubs gray used to be different from the White Sox gray. But these are so subtle. (I remember designing and ordering uniforms for an all-star team in 1991 and having the choice between a flat gray and a Sox-like "baseball gray." Went for the latter, as it was more blueish -- and trendy, of course, with the black to match.)

Rays never had the "green-gray", but the Marlins sure did. It was a nice contrast to what I was used to seeing on road teams in the Trop.

I thought they did when I saw their most recent set up close, but I defer to you, as I had nothing to compare it to at the time and saw it just that once. I'll correct it. (As I said... it's so subtle.)

Majestic-nameandnumber.jpg

I did a google search of "coastal blue" and it came up as showing baby blue looking candles. So I have no idea what is up with it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Brewers had a greenish grey from '93 to '96. They also had losses by the metric ton. Connection? YOU TELL ME

Hey, good find. It's weird: only the wordmark looks bad to me on the new Blue Jays stuff. Old logo still looks great. Numbers are fine. Colors are good. That script is feeble, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I did a google search of "coastal blue" and it came up as showing baby blue looking candles. So I have no idea what is up with it.

All that looks like is a player tee in the t-shirt version of the throwback they wore on Friday games last year.

Nah, the blue in the image is a lot darker than the blue they wore on Fridays last year.

Couple of issues though; the blue of the t-shirt is the same blue as the crown of the blue jay in the logo -- the actual blue of that jay crown is closer to a powder blue.

Also, the '94-'96 dark blue alternate didn't have the Jay logo centred under the arched script, it was off to the right... their BP/ST uniforms up until 96, however, were blue and centred like that.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

All that looks like is a player tee in the t-shirt version of the throwback they wore on Friday games last year.

Nah, the blue in the image is a lot darker than the blue they wore on Fridays last year.

Couple of issues though; the blue of the t-shirt is the same blue as the crown of the blue jay in the logo -- the actual blue of that jay crown is closer to a powder blue.

Also, the '94-'96 dark blue alternate didn't have the Jay logo centred under the arched script, it was off to the right... their BP/ST uniforms up until 96, however, were blue and centred like that.

The catalogue shows last years jersey as well and you can clearly see the difference between the 2 different colours. I've been off sick the last 2 days but I'll try and scan that as well when I get back.

the source who told me about this new jersey told me it says the word "TORONTO" on it... not blue jays

I can see it now! A jersey based off of my shirt!

Photo33.jpg

:P

(and yes the colour of my room is Graphite as well lol)

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

the source who told me about this new jersey told me it says the word "TORONTO" on it... not blue jays

It would make sense as the "road alternate" then. I won't know more for another week, but until then, that sounds about right. The only question is whether it is going to be blue or black!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't know. Sorry. I'm not an expert on interior design (though I do subscribe to Architectural Digest), but I thought painting rooms grey or black was kinda frowned upon. Maybe a slightly bluish grey would look cool and modern?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't know. Sorry. I'm not an expert on interior design (though I do subscribe to Architectural Digest), but I thought painting rooms grey or black was kinda frowned upon. Maybe a slightly bluish grey would look cool and modern?

Why are you so concerned about the color of Braden's room?

All you had to do was look at the picture he posted. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived