2009 World Series logo?

scarsofthumper

That's an interesting simulated playoffs. All 4 '90s expansion teams are in, oh really?

There also wasn't an NL East Champion...

...at least that's the mistake made by the game :P .

The Marlins couldn't be the wild card if the Rockies and D'Backs were in...

Actually, the seeds are by regular-season record...Which is why my #3 wild-card Brewers played the #2 seed Phillies (eventual champs) and the #4 seed Dodgers played the #1 seed Cubs...

The seeds aren't by regular season record. But the team with the best record ('08: Cubs) couldn't play the wild card ('08: Brewers) because they were in the same divison. That's why the Phillies (#2 seed in '08) played the Brewers while the Cubs played the Dodgers (#3 seed in '08). Had the Dodgers played the Brewers in the NLCS, LA would've gotten home-field advantage even though they had a worse record.

In the MLB 2k9 screenshot, Colorado probably won the west and Arizona the wild card, but they couldn't meet in the 1st round, so it became Colorado-Florida.

But Florida couldn't be the 4...Arizona had to be.

I know Colorado couldn't play AZ, but COL-FLA should be 1-3 and CHC-AZ should be 2-4.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OperationSports.com posted new MLB 2K9 for XBOX360 screenshots today and I noticed this one:

1234523975-media.jpeg

Could this be the 09 WS logo? Or is it just a 2K Sports creation? It looks like MLB just because they have the fall colored MLB logo and leaf like last years, but I dunno. What are your opinions?

Allrighty! The White Sox are going to win the World Series!

Sure stinks that the Brewers won't be making the playoffs though...

No Brewers...

No Yankees...

Cubs making it past the NLDS...

I'll take it!

6uXNWAo.png

OperationSports.com posted new MLB 2K9 for XBOX360 screenshots today and I noticed this one:

1234523975-media.jpeg

Could this be the 09 WS logo? Or is it just a 2K Sports creation? It looks like MLB just because they have the fall colored MLB logo and leaf like last years, but I dunno. What are your opinions?

No Brewers...

No Yankees...

I'll take it!

Another year of No Yankees and No Cubs winning, we'll ALL take it. :P

I like it. It's simple and classy.

I don't, however, like that we lost to the :censored: Red Sox again :cursing:

This is a serious question here, do you Angels fan's hold a bitter grudge against losing to the Sox ever since '86? Or has it softened once the Angels finally captured a WS Title? Or do the west coasters just have a general distaste for the Bosox?

Whatever the correct answer is, I must say I feel an extra sense of joy whenever Boston beats the Angels in playoff series, more so than any other team (well, except the Yankees).

It has nothing to do with '86. The ghosts of playoff choking went away with the '02 Series. The reason Angel fans or at least this one, has a dislike for the Red Sox, is well two-fold. First, I think the rest of the country hates the need for ESPN and Fox for televising every other game a Red Sox or Yankee game. The rest of the country doesn't care. Secondly, I dislike the Red Sox as far as an Angel fan goes, because for whatever reason they have the Angels' number like the Angels' have the Yankees' number.

They have our number because they're smarter than we are. The Red Sox aren't dumb enough to give Gary Matthews Jr. $50M to be a fifth outfielder. And while we're hoping Brandon Wood someday figures out how to hit a curveball or that Howie Kendrick might stay healthy for a whole year, they're developing guys like Pedroia, Ellsbury, and Youkilis. I hate them too, but they're a better run organization than our Angels. The Angels' offense is a joke year after year, and Boston's is so good that they can afford to trade Manny and still almost win a World Series.

Anyways, the coolness of the WS logo up top almost makes up for having to see Boston beat the Angels in the ALDS again in that video game.

1234523975-media.jpeg

No Brewers...

No Yankees...

I'll take it!

Another year of No Yankees and No Cubs winning, we'll ALL take it. :P

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont you love watching the yanks and cubs fail. B):D

The people who hate the Yankees are jealous ones. B) Go Yankees!

What could anyone possibly be jealous of? All your recent World Series titles?

No, we're "jealous" that the Yankee$ have whats called the Bloated Payroll Syndrome. Symptoms include, but not limited to: Frauds, Steroid Abusers, Free Agents Busts, Incompetent Owner(s), Playoff Ineptitude, Red "Sox" Scare, Lack of World Series Championships (since 2001), and Delusional Fan Base.

No, we're "jealous" that the Yankee$ have whats called the Bloated Payroll Syndrome. Symptoms include, but not limited to: Frauds, Steroid Abusers, Free Agents Busts, Incompetent Owner(s), Playoff Ineptitude, Red "Sox" Scare, Lack of World Series Championships (since 2001), and Delusional Fan Base.

The Yankees didn't win the World Series in 2001.

We now return to your regularly scheduled weekly Yankee-hating threadjack, already in progress. :down:

I guess the "lack" began in 2001, though. Whatever. Hating the Yankees is so 20th century. The Red Sox are a far more insidious foe: not only do they buy the best players, they draft the best players, develop the best players, and unlike New Yorkers who are secure in the nation's envy and just brush everyone else off, New Englanders ask "DO YOU LOVE US YET? WHY DON'T YOU LOVE US YET? THEY'RE THE EVIL EMPIRE! WE'RE NOT LIKE THEM." You're not. You're worse.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Heck yeah, there is pride, power, and magic in wearing pinstripes. The New Yankee Stadium will retain the magic in being a Yankee. And I believe that magic, in 2009, will make the Yankees

10105762.jpg

champs400.jpg

CHAMPIONS ONCE AGAIN! WOOOOOOHOOOOO

Heck yeah, there is pride, power, and magic in wearing pinstripes. The New Yankee Stadium will retain the magic in being a Yankee. And I believe that magic, in 2009, will make the Yankees

10105762.jpg

champs400.jpg

CHAMPIONS ONCE AGAIN! WOOOOOOHOOOOO

hahahahaha what a joke

The Yankees are the reason I have been so happy for the Rockies and Rays the last couple of years. The Yankees are just like the US WBC team of 2006. They were the best team on paper, but too many egos. The Red Sox have essentially become that as well.

The Yankees didn't win the World Series in 2001.

We now return to your regularly scheduled weekly Yankee-hating threadjack, already in progress. :down:

Yes, we all know they didn't win, hence the lack of and when they went into the World Series, they were the three time champions.

Archived