Old Concept Logo Finished

See Red

Alright. Not too long ago I posted drawings I made for logos, one being for the possible Buffalo Stampede and the other for a team named the Bobcats. I decided to duck out of the Buffalo Pro Hockey one because I had no prayer at winning. Anyways, I posted the pictures and I just want some feedback on the result after getting it onto a computer... As always, it got messed up while being uploaded.

bobcats.gifbobcatfin.gif

IUe6Hvh.png

I really like it!

Suggestions: (Please take these as constructive, I hate when people jump right into 'fixing' my work, but that IS why we post them here, right?)

Go big with the outlines! Think about having to cut this out of construction paper. How much fun would the black sheet of paper be? Not much! Too many tiny, thin lines. Beef up ALL the lines. Use more of the two tones of gold, to create depth. Don't be afraid to go big.

It may be just me, but his eyes look a little.. sleepy. I think the black part inside his eye is the issue. Make them more football shaped rather than upside-down-triangle and see if that fixes it.

I am VERY impressed at how well your drawing translated! You did a kick ass job getting it digital!

Keep pluggin, and it will rock!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Yeah, lol. I'm very impressed with myself for translating it that well on... paint shop pro. not a bad program, but it's obviously not near the best.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm agreeing with the eyes suggestion... I'll fix it when I get some time.

And I agree that I need to use more of the darker gold to add the depth... but i can't get it to look right :therock: . I'll keep workin at it to see but i'm not good at knowing where to put em.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hey, nothin' wrong with PSP. :P:D

(Except that you can't export to a true .ai file. If they ever build that in, I'll go over to Jasc's offices in Eden Prairie myself and thank them in person.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Alright... I did an update to the logo trying to take into account some suggestions that were made. The only suggestion i remember that i didn't follow through with was to make the pupils more rounded. I did it, and thought it looked better, but then I remember cats eyes are of a less circular and more triangular shape.

bobcatfin.gifbobcatfin2.gif

Questions? Comments? More Suggestions on how to improve this?

IUe6Hvh.png

This just my opinion but I think the lines on the logo are too thin. I guess it all depends at what size you'll be displaying it but it just seems a little thin for me.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I dont want to sound like a jerk, but not only does that logo look like the lynx, but it is the exact copy of the Central Washington logo. I dont know how to put the image on the board, but if someone would, Im sure everyone will see the exact resemblance. Again, not to sound like a jerk, but please dont steal logos from existing schools or teams. Not only is it illegal, but it also is lying and totally unoriginal.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Archived