Niagara Stompers

epper

I posted this in our league's forum, but I thought I'd post it here as well to get a little more C&C. Haven't posted a concept here in years.....here goes:

The identity of this team revives the history of the Stompers name in the Niagara. The name dates back to the Blue Jays former Single-A afffiliate, the St. Catharines Stompers, which the primary logo is definitely inspired by. The team nickname comes from the region's world-famous wine industry.

Special thanks goes to Logoman, for the awesome secondary logo/patch. The credit is all his for that one.

stompers1.jpg

stompers2.jpg

stompers3.jpg

stompers4.jpg

stompers5.jpg

Wow, I'm diggin' these. I thin my favorite part of the whole concept is the sleeve patch. Part of me wants to see an alt logo with the feet, something similar to the UNC Tarheels' alt. The only thing I'm not really feeling is the alternate cap. I like the look of the hat, but it doesn't seem to fit nicely with the uniform. It seems like it might better fit a white jersey without pinstripes. Then, maybe have a purple cap with the grape (basically your BP cap) with a purple road alt. For the home script(maybe road as well), it seems like an outline of some sort might help. Also, on the road set, I'd either match up the numbers, or use the sleeve patch. The green number just looks out of place. Just a side thought, but with the khaki color in the logos, what about a khaki road uniform?

Great feedback, thanks!

The only thing I'm not really feeling is the alternate cap. I like the look of the hat, but it doesn't seem to fit nicely with the uniform.

I've always loved white panel hats, and i don't know why there isn't a single one left in the majors today. My fantasy team had to have one. Inspired by my favourite hat, ever.

For the home script(maybe road as well), it seems like an outline of some sort might help.

I tried it, but i found it made the scripts look too thick, kinda like this. I also wanted to try to keep a classic, old-school feel to the whole set, like the Dodgers scripts, new Boston road script etc.

Also, on the road set, I'd either match up the numbers, or use the sleeve patch.

Yeah, good call, I'll change it to purple. I've always loved how the Phillies have their numbers on the sleeves. It's a unique, subtle touch that keeps the front of the jersey from getting cluttered.

Just a side thought, but with the khaki color in the logos, what about a khaki road uniform?

Tried it. Wasn't really feeling it. Plus I hate how khaki pants look with alternate uniforms.

Very good set. Much different (and much better) than the approach I was taking. To be fair, I shouldn't get full credit for that patch. It's quite different than the one I sent to you.

NIAGARASTOMPERS.png

That logo looks incredible! Is that with the tackle-twill wallpaper tutorial that p.stic posted a while back?

I think you have to give some kind of nod to this:

All jokes aside, this is an excellent concept. Simple, great logo, nice design, unique colors; just change the sleeve numbers on the roadies to match the chest and back numbers and you're perfect. Nice work.

scotland_fifasig.png

From a fellow St Catharinian, nice work on these! Good to see I'm not the only one who remembers the Stompers.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I was joking. It is an embroidery plug- in for CorelDRAW X3. It's as easy as having CorelDRAW X3 and downloading the plug-in.There is no trade secret and I'm sorry that I missed the post by ColorWerx. I would venture that it wasn't this, though. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Oh I know you were. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was calling you out or anything. I was just saying I remembered him posting a link to something that did the same effect to an image. I can't remember if it was an online service, or a downloaded program though.

I did a search for his thread and found it was an evalution for DRAWings. It has since been changed to Wings and is a full blown embroidery software.

The Pro version is a $12,000 piece of software. What I use is a plug-in that works within CorelDRAW to preview the embroidered effects of images. I like to throw one out every once in a while because I think it's pretty cool. It didn't take any offense to your comment I just wanted to clarify.

Archived