Rodriguez out approx. 10 weeks

Shmee

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3954457

Being a Yankee fan, I'm unhappy about losing the best player in baseball for the first part of the season. Being a skeptic, I can't help but wonder if this is just a way of staying out of the spotlight for a while until steroid issues blow over.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

i also think this a way for A-rod to stay ou tof the spotlight, but also an excuse for him if he has a bad season (I have a feeling this will be his first season not using steroids).

Why do you think that?

MLB's steriod testing program has been in place for a couple years. If A-Rod has been cheating the system so far, why should he stop now?

Hrm, so their lineup will consist of Jeter, Matsui, Teixeira, Nady, Swisher, Posada, Cano, Damon, and.. Ransom? Still a very good lineup, but hopefully the lack of an A-Rod will lighten their explosiveness and allow the Sox a few game lead by June.

Hello, my name is Rich and I'm a baseball-holic. And an OOTP-holic.

... and maybe even an alcoholic. Oh no.

Hrm, so their lineup will consist of Jeter, Matsui, Teixeira, Nady, Swisher, Posada, Cano, Damon, and.. Ransom? Still a very good lineup, but hopefully the lack of an A-Rod will lighten their explosiveness and allow the Sox a few game lead by June.

A few games...I'm hoping more like 12 games. :D

The question is will we be a few games ahead of the Yankees and a few games behind the Rays, or a few games ahead of everybody. I have trouble seeing a twelve-game lead with C.C. "The Regular Season Ace" Sabathia and A.J. "Twenty-Five Starts" Burnett at the helm. Just need to get into the playoffs, do not care if it's by one game or thirty. We have the better postseason squad, if not the best, since adding John Smoltz to go along with Beckett, Ortiz, and Papelbon.

The question is will we be a few games ahead of the Yankees and a few games behind the Rays, or a few games ahead of everybody. I have trouble seeing a twelve-game lead with C.C. "The Regular Season Ace" Sabathia and A.J. "Twenty-Five Starts" Burnett at the helm. Just need to get into the playoffs, do not care if it's by one game or thirty. We have the better postseason squad, if not the best, since adding John Smoltz to go along with Beckett, Ortiz, and Papelbon.

I don't really care what the lead will be in June either, all that matters is the lead at the beginning of October. The one thing I definitely care about is the fact that baseball season starts in just about a month!

...and :censored: you A-Fraud!

They will just plug someone in there that can get a hit past the 7th inning more than three times a year. :P

I even hear people say that A-Roid is making the injury up just to avoid Opening Day boos.

What that assclown doesn't know it that he's gotta to return to the field eventually!... B)

6uXNWAo.png

I even hear people say that A-Roid is making the injury up just to avoid Opening Day boos.

What that assclown doesn't know it that he's gotta to return to the field eventually!... B)

Those people are idiots.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm sure A-Rod would rather be on the field showing he can still be A-Rod post-steroids than off the field hiding in a hole somewhere making this whole thing worse.

Archived