A brand new nhluniforms.com

timmy b

For the last several days on the homepage of nhluniforms.com, there's been the tease, COMING SOON a brand new nhluniforms.com!

Anyone have any idea what the new site will be about?? Re-done unis? more detailed unis? easier search modes? team-by-team access as well as season-by-season access? more updates of older unis? pre-NHL (NHA, WCHL, PCHA) unis? whauniforms.com as part of the site rather than a separate site?

And does Andrew have a target date for the relaunch??

I await with bated breath!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the individual jerseys will be larger. It would be nice to be able to read the basics of what a patch says on it for example. Other than that, I can't think of too many things I'd want done to it. Perhaps being able to scroll through just one team's history year by year without having to view the entire league season by season would be cool.

No matter what, I'm just glad it's still there and being updated! I can't think of another website I've visited more and learned as much from.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I wouldn't get my hopes up though. He made every one in Paint, you really think he is going to go over every single jersey and re-do it? I'm just hoping the site pays a visit to the 21st century and for some upgraded navigation. If we could somehow merge his database and detail with JerseyDatabase's simplicity and site design and vector template though, that would equal complete awesome.

Although he does say he scales them down, seeing the full size would be great.

Wait, the guy did all of those in paint?!

God help him, yes he did. :P

How did you draw all of those uniforms?

I drew all the uniforms using Microsoft Paintbrush. I drew outlines of all the elements (jerseys, pants, socks, helmet) and used them as a template. I drew almost all the lettering and numbering freehand. While almost all crests were hand-drawn by yours truly in the previous two versions of this website, most of the crests in this latest version were downloaded, sized accordinly and inserted into the template. While this will diminish the display of art skills (or the lack thereof) of your humble webmaster, the downloaded logos will make for more realistic-looking uniforms. The more obscure logos are being drawn from as clear of photographs as available on the Internet. The logo on the first alternate jersey of the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (1995-96) remains hand-drawn, and that took over four hours to do!

He also said he scaled some stuff down in Paint Shop Pro for the final images. But the first time I saw that, I couldn't even imagine. He drew the Exploding Duck logo. Free hand. In Paint. :D

This is completely unrelated but I remember when I was in 4th grade 1989/90 we had a paralized artist in my classroom for a demonstration. The artist was confined to her chair and couldnt move arms or legs. This person painted with only their mouth and could replicate any work. Its nearly 20 years later and I'm still amazed.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

For the last several days on the homepage of nhluniforms.com, there's been the tease, COMING SOON a brand new nhluniforms.com!

Anyone have any idea what the new site will be about?? Re-done unis? more detailed unis? easier search modes? team-by-team access as well as season-by-season access? more updates of older unis? pre-NHL (NHA, WCHL, PCHA) unis? whauniforms.com as part of the site rather than a separate site?

And does Andrew have a target date for the relaunch??

I await with bated breath!!

Um, hasn't the "new nhluniforms.com coming soon" been up there for at least two years? I swear it's been there for a while.

Um, hasn't the "new nhluniforms.com coming soon" been up there for at least two years? I swear it's been there for a while.

The one that's up there now, no. That is new. I check the site almost weekly, I would've noticed that way before this.

~UJ

This is some great news. The biggest thing I'm hoping for is being able to see one team's uniforms year-by-year without looking at the entire league.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I wouldn't get my hopes up though. He made every one in Paint, you really think he is going to go over every single jersey and re-do it? I'm just hoping the site pays a visit to the 21st century and for some upgraded navigation. If we could somehow merge his database and detail with JerseyDatabase's simplicity and site design and vector template though, that would equal complete awesome.

My biggest problem with the site is that the images are just way to small. I would really like to see some of the finer details in the uniforms.

My biggest problem with the site is that the images are just way to small. I would really like to see some of the finer details in the uniforms.

Agreed. Can't wait to see what happens.

This is completely unrelated but I remember when I was in 4th grade 1989/90 we had a paralized artist in my classroom for a demonstration. The artist was confined to her chair and couldnt move arms or legs. This person painted with only their mouth and could replicate any work. Its nearly 20 years later and I'm still amazed.

-Dan

Holy **** that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is some great news. The biggest thing I'm hoping for is being able to see one team's uniforms year-by-year without looking at the entire league.

I agree, this would be a nice feature to include. As well as an "up close and personal" look at some of the commemorative and anniversary patches (perhaps in the same way he does "special" uniforms for teams on the site now).

~UJ

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's true -- I am doing a complete and total redesign of nhluniforms.com. I'm not going to give too many details -- I want to keep it a surprise until launch day, which I hope will be sometime next month. I've been working day in and day out on it -- staying up long hours in many cases. Trust me, I think you will be floored by what you will see in the coming weeks.

I do, however, need to make a very important clarification. Someone alluded to something I said in the FAQ section on the site about how I do the illustrations, and I said that I drew everything -- templates, letters, numbers, logos -- by hand in MS Paint. That was actually true in the ORIGINAL version of the site that I did back in 2002. In later versions, including the one I'm working on right now, I took the logos from various sites on the Internet, adjusted the colors to blend in with the shades I use for each jersey, size them in correct proportion, and place them onto the jersey. So, no, I am no longer hand-drawing each logo. I should have changed the FAQ section on the current site (it will be retired when the new site is launched). I hope this clarifies things a bit.

In any event, I'm looking forward to releasing the new site in the next few weeks. And I'm also working on an iPhone version. Anyone here skilled in Apple Xcode?

Andrew M. Greenstein

NHLUniforms.com founder

Andrew,

That's great news. I think the site has held up pretty well thru the years, but I agree it could use a face-lift.

Wondering if you might have unearthed a few hidden vintage gems from the olden days along the way?? :D

Wow, complete overhaul AND a possible version for my iPod Touch? Sweet.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived