Quebec Bulldogs

Blitz

Ok, So this is mostly just for fun, since the odds of this ever happening are so small. I chose to go with the old Bulldogs identity only because the WHA2 ruined the name Nordiques for me forever (stupid Nordiks..). I am also working on a new Jets identity, as well as a Whalers, but they are going to be a while me thinks....

Anyhow, here goes...

QUEBEC.png

CC always welcomed....

canada.png

I'd ditch the light violet (mauve perhaps?) in favor of red, to go back to the traditional Nordiques color scheme. Or just go with blue and white, since that was the Bulldogs original color scheme.

2 Tone Blue... Better or worse?

QUEBEC2.png

canada.png

I don't think the pant stripes and the stripes on the jersey are all that flattering and the logo just doesn't seem right. The colours though, I can see Tampa being relocated and QC adopting the colours.

I don't know if Bulldogs sounds right though. Is there a history of Bulldogs in QC?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

It was the original name of the Quebec team, way back in the early 1900s.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

When the Nordiques were in the NHL, they were widely known as being the only team that did all their arena announcements in French only. Even the Habs did their in both languages. So yes, giving them a French nickname would seem most logical. Even if it's only whatever the French word for 'Bulldogs' is.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Too english, that's sad that it's a problem in Quebec, just heard Lever is out of the running for the next coach because he doesn't speak french and that it's the "language of the team"....uh really, is it?

Koivu, Kovalev, Plekanec, Higgins, Komisarek, Kostitsyn, Markov, Halak and various others really speak french and not czech, russian, or just straight up english? one thing they do speak is english and the fact that Montreal discriminates against English speaking people is a joke.

As for bulldogs, it's cool that it was a team way back when, but besides those ties, it just doesn't work. I mean if it did, the Nords would have used it instead of Nordiques which means something like northern people or some crap.

Quebec City should come up with a better name, the bulldogs just doesn't work with that colour scheme.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

"Le chiens taureau"?

"Le bouledogue"?

Yeah, Bulldogs isn't French enough. That might work in Montreal, but not Quebec City. I was under the impression that Montreal was a fairly bilingual city while Quebec City, not so much. But I've never been to either place, so what do I know.

I'd personally much rather see the return of Les Nordiques.

Just looking at your logos, I feel like you have a lot of good ideas and sometimes they are well executed, but you always have some type of shadowing, some more random than others, but it's always there. Either that or a really weird gold/silver thing that makes it looks slightly metallic. Anyhow, I feel like the shadowing makes it look less professional and distracts from the actual logo, which is pretty well rendered. Sometimes simplicity looks better, and it does especially in this instance. Also the diamond thing looks a little too overplayed and somewhat out-of-place on the logos.

• 4 months later...
Too english, that's sad that it's a problem in Quebec, just heard Lever is out of the running for the next coach because he doesn't speak french and that it's the "language of the team"....uh really, is it?

I was born and raised in Quebec City and I was (and still am) a fan of "Les Nordiques de Québec." The selection of the name for an eventual NHL team in QC will have to follow few criteria:

1- Be a recognisable French word, but easy to translate in English. (like many other NHL teams: Sénateurs/Senators, Pingouins/Penguins, Prédateurs/Predators, Avalanche(!), Flammes/Flames, Panthères/Panthers). Espacialy to avoid the obvious No Dicks pronounciation.

2- Being linked to the history of the City, of hockey in the region and the province.

3- Kicking Ass!

So here are the possibilities:

- Bulldogs de Québec (1910 NHL team) - People in the area wont necessarily relate to this name, although in casual french, the word Bulldog is fairly used.

- Citadelles de Québec (1950 Sr Team) - First pro team of Jean Béliveau - Very popular in minor hockey now - This word refers to the military history of the city

- As de Québec - Quebec Aces (1960 AHL team) - Average name in my opinion and I am afraid if became the Quebec Ass!

- Nordiques de Québec - Obviously still present in the minds of Quebecers, but difficult to pronounce in English.

- Rafales de Québec (1996 IHL team) - Just doesn't work!

- Remparts de Québec (Actual QMJHL team) - Unfortunately this is the best team name for QC but it is already taken by the sucessful junior team (Patrick Roy's team)

- National de Quebec (fictional series hockey team) - In the eighties a Quebec TV drama series (bug success) was made around a cup-winning (ha!ha!) pro team in QC.

My personal choice would Le National ! Lets go National!

p.s.: Yes! Sometimes, some places are different then others. Don't worry English-speaking people are very well treated in the province indeed.

I am sorry for Lever but alot a Habs fans appreciate when people in this kind of position is able to speak two or three French words. Gary Carter understood that. He became a big star with very basic French.

Anyway ! good night!

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Personally I would prefer Citadelles, if not Nordiques. I would also love to see the Quebec National Team, my idea of "National de Quebec".

Also "Carnavals" would be good, honouring the city's annual Winter Carnival. Bonhomme Carnaval would be a perfect mascot.bonhomme-carnaval.png

Archived