Who's Your Favorite Athlete to Watch?

scottysprings

I like sports, period, so I'll watch if there's some good action.

But, like someone else did...

MLB: Randy Johnson. That's been my favorite player to watch. Something about a damn-near 7-foot guy up on that mound (as if he even needs the mound), with that half-sidearm motion either zooming a 100-mph fastball with no motion straight past someone...or throwing the same pitch and knocking one haphazardly lost birdie senseless...you never really knew what you'd get with the Unit. That plus that staredown...was there ever a meaner mug in the MLB?

(Honorable mention-Chad Bradford, simply because I've always liked watching submariners...but this cat damn near be scraping knuckles when he throws!)

NFL: If I had to pick absolutely one, it'd be Randy Moss in his Viking days. You just had NO doubt in your mind that the dude would catch any ball thrown anywhere in the same hemisphere as him. And...he was also capable of that occasional "how in the HECK did he just do that?" play. Case in point--and I don't remember who this was against--but how do you catch a ball, and, upon being tackled, flip the ball over your head to a teammate not even in screen's view that ends up going for a TD??? Fitzgerald's filling Randy's for me now, though.

(Honorable mention: Mike Alstott. Dude was just as capable of jumping over something or someone as he was plowing directly into a would-be tackler. No flash, just plain brute force. Him and that tree-trunk neck of his...miss that guy.)

NBA: I think Imma go with Chris Paul on this one, just a shy bit over Bron. Dude just be making plays up out the air, it seems like. Just BAM...and there it is (or, as many a defender have found out, there he went.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

MLB - Hamilton. I got a chance to watch him take BP in Spring Training last year and it was a joy to watch. Hit after hit after hit.

NFL - Manning. I'm a Colts fan, so obviously I'm biased here. However, just watching him play live is awesome, he's got a heckuva throw and I'm going to miss seeing him connect with Marvin Harrison. Honorable Mention, Larry Fitzgerald...he's a beast.

NBA - I always enjoyed Reggie Miller. Once he got in his three point spot, it seemed like his shots were a sure a thing.

NHL - Ovechkin, I got to see "the goal" he scored on his back in Phoenix in January of 2006. I love his enthusiasm. Honorable Mention, Scott Niedermayer. I love his skating ability. I also enjoyed Mario Lemieux.

Racing:

NASCAR, I would say Tony Stewart. I've seen three Cup races and he always sticks out to me. The PIR race I was able to see live, he started at the back of the field and slowly and steadily kept moving up through the field. I saw the 02 BY 400 where he was about the only car other than Dale Jarrett that was able to challenge Bill Elliott that day.

F1, Michael Schumacher by far. There was something about that bright red Ferrari and Schuey's driving ability that was a joy to watch. His car control was amazing and he always seemed so cool and collected behind the wheel. Whenever he was on the track, I always had to keep my eyes on his car. That and during the USGP, once he got away from the field, he was gone. Three of the four USGP's I went to, he won.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

Living in Canada and not seeing much of other American teams I've only been to 1 NFL game and 1 MLB Game so I'll go with a guy I see on a regular basis, Jarome Iginla one of the best all around players in the NHL today, great leader and brings you to your feet every time he touches the puck.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I guess I'll have to section this off thanks to watching Ichiro the other night:

NBA: LeBron. Already explained why.

NFL: Used to be Michael Vick. When he ran, it was awesome. When he threw those bullets to the receivers, it was awesome. When he actually managed to do BOTH in ONE GAME, he was arguably the best player in the NFL. So much talent wasted. Right now, though, it's Troy Polamalu. As a safety in high school, I just love watching how he plays the game. I mean, he's out there flying around, he can play deep, he can play in the box, he can run with the WRs, but at the same time, he's not scared to get dirty in the trenches on a safety blitz to get a sack. As a former defensive player and all-around fan of defensive play (Mississippi State-Auburn's 3-2 game was honestly one of the best games I've ever seen. :P), I just love the guy.

MLB: Ichiro. The man can do anything. He can hit for contact (and will arguably be the best ever when it comes down to it), he can hit for power, he fields EXTREMELY well, and can catch almost any ball that's even around his position. And he does all of this with blazing speed. Only Ichiro could make an infield single in the middle of the 1st inning a stand-up-and-watch event.

NHL: Ovechkin. Duh.

Rick Nash; all the skating ability, stick handling skill, power, and toughness of Alex Ovechkin, without the ridiculous goal celebrations. If he could stay healthy for a whole season he could easily be challenging for the scoring title. He was even more incredible to watch in juniors with London. Same goes for Patrick Kane and Sam Gagner, both were incredible junior players, amazing to watch.

I think Ovechkin might just be the most entertaining person to play and on top of it he loves every second of it! How can't you like a guy like that?

I love watching Cody Hodgson play too. Not in the same was as Ove. Cody is just a smart player who always knows where to be and what to do. The Canucks will be so lucky to have him next year.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

MLB: I like pitching so I used to enjoy watching Greg Maddux. Now that he's retired it's Tim Linsecum. I'll pick the Giants games I go to based on whether he's pitching or not.

you know im going to say Ovechkin. but heres my honorable mention: Mike Green. all the skating ability in the world and one of the best puckhandlers from the blueline ive ever seen.

my non-hockey, non-homer pick, Peyton Manning. theres just something so cerebral about watching him play QB, downright frustrating just waiting for him to snap the damn ball, but its fun to watch.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived