Missouri Gold Uniforms

TrueYankee26

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know System of Dress is the vogue uniform set, but their is another one that seems to look much better. What does Oklahoma wear? Their shorts are not as long and baggy, and their jerseys seem to be a bit more relaxed. SoD seems to take both ends to the extreme, but whatever OU has looks better proportionally.

Oklahoma is SoD. There is another style out there, though, cuz it doesn't appear that Villanova, Washington or Florida State are SoD's. There looser jerseys, and there is no collar, if you look. I would actually prefer that over the SoD.

I for one like seeing Mizzou on the jerseys, though I do like that Missouri is on one, too. Leave Mizzou on the home whites, where everybody refers to them as Mizzou, and Missouri on the road blacks. Gold could have either one. But if they were to go to SoD, I wouldn't mind seeing them switch to the font used with the logos and the football team:

Mizzou:

b2fsafktm2lh7a9tpphnenlzf.gif

Missouri:

2544.gif

And go to the slightly thinner, more veritcal block numbers used by the football team. I did a concept like this, seen here.

Villanova and Florida State are using SoD. There seems to be three different variations in the SoD line, with the normal rounded collar, the North Carolina v-neck collar, and the two tone collar used by Nova and Florida State. I really like the ones used by Nova and FSU, and think Missouri would look pretty slick in a set like that.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I know System of Dress is the vogue uniform set, but their is another one that seems to look much better. What does Oklahoma wear? Their shorts are not as long and baggy, and their jerseys seem to be a bit more relaxed. SoD seems to take both ends to the extreme, but whatever OU has looks better proportionally.

Oklahoma is SoD. There is another style out there, though, cuz it doesn't appear that Villanova, Washington or Florida State are SoD's. There looser jerseys, and there is no collar, if you look. I would actually prefer that over the SoD.

I for one like seeing Mizzou on the jerseys, though I do like that Missouri is on one, too. Leave Mizzou on the home whites, where everybody refers to them as Mizzou, and Missouri on the road blacks. Gold could have either one. But if they were to go to SoD, I wouldn't mind seeing them switch to the font used with the logos and the football team:

Mizzou:

Missouri:

And go to the slightly thinner, more veritcal block numbers used by the football team. I did a concept like this, seen here.

Villanova and Florida State are using SoD. There seems to be three different variations in the SoD line, with the normal rounded collar, the North Carolina v-neck collar, and the two tone collar used by Nova and Florida State. I really like the ones used by Nova and FSU, and think Missouri would look pretty slick in a set like that.

Are you certain that 'Nova is SoD? They don't appear to have nearly the same form-fitting look that the other SoD team's have. I was actually thinking about this the other night, and decided that they weren't. I could certainly be wrong though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mizzou:

Missouri:

Are you certain that 'Nova is SoD? They don't appear to have nearly the same form-fitting look that the other SoD team's have. I was actually thinking about this the other night, and decided that they weren't. I could certainly be wrong though.

That's what I was thinking. Nova, Florida State and Washington do all have the same style, complete with one sided, or 2 different color semi-collars and stripe across the shoulder. They do look looser than the SoDs. That's the type I would prefer Mizzou to go with. And they could do the 2 color like Villanova, gold and black.

I'll be the voice of decent...I like that shade of gold. Its different for sure but its a bit more modern than the traditional metalic golds that are out there.

I agree with STL though, all their colors need to do a better job of matching. Whatever color they go with it should be the same across all teams. There's no excuse in this day and age to not use the same color of gold. I understand you are always going to have some fabric variations and metallic vs. flat, but the gold used by the football team and the gold used the basketball team are not in the same ballpark...

I likem also!!

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I'm a Mizzou J-School alum, so I might be biased. But I liked the uniforms. "Old gold" is the official color, even if you do see more yellow than gold.

It's a different color that you don't see on every other team. The wordmark was bright and crisp.

What year?

Anyhoo, the wordmark might have been bright and crisp, but it was still MIZZOU. Ugh.

That's why I like the black set the most.

Missouri_Texas_Basket_Hodd_t_w300_h600.jpg

December 1986. The black uniforms do look nice, too.

Archived