The Trifecta Competition

JayJaxon

Quick question: was this approved by the competition council thingy? Just wondering b/c I think it needs to be.

Also just wondering: who will the judges be?

( I wouldn't mind being one hint hint ;) )

If that doesn't work out I will wait 'til a later time to see which cities are left.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

elliott, you bring up a great point...I had no idea that this would need approval. So...ummm, where would I need to go to get said approval? Haha.

as far as judging, The semi final and final will be up to a vote, and the judging for the initial qualifying round will be up to a three-person panel that currently consists of me. I firmly believe that someone of your talent should be in the actual competition, but if you wanna be a judge, I'll be happy to add you. :)

The good news is, the competition hasn't really started, so I suppose I can still seek approval if I do in fact need to do that.

I don't know for sure but read the stickied thread and you might get the answers you are looking for (I haven't read it.)

I guess for the judges I had the Apprentice comp in mind when there were like 7, but if there will be 3 then search for really respected members, not me. It would be fun to judge but you could find better/wiser people. 3 would be more managable for one round though, I think you have that right. The Apprentice used more but it was for like 8 different rounds, so it's hard to compare.

I have sent an e-mail for approval. I'm pretty sure there will be no problems as there has not been a competition in forever (to my knowledge)

As far as the judging, I would go as high as 5, but I really think 3 would do the trick. If anyone is interested in being a judge, please IM me. I would prefer that experienced members be judges as they will know what to look for. Elliott, you are still welcome to judge as you are more than qualified to do so. As soon as the round 1 section is filled up, and I get the OK from the competition council, I will set a deadline to turn in the concepts for round 1. I am very happy with the interest that has been generated so far and I appreciate everyone who has decided to participate.

I find your lack of NHL disturbing.

I find it refreshing. Hockey doesn't have to be a part of everything here.

Frankly, I find the prevalence of NHL in every freaking thing here to be disturbing. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I just want to put this out there- I applied for contest approval a while back and was okayed. They said they would tell me when I could start it, but I never heard from them again. I didn't push it and email them because I was actually busy at the time, but that is why my MLS Expansion City Contest never got off the ground. If they don't approve right away I would just go ahead with it and not call it a competition, just a friendly event. No ill will towards the competition council meant, I'm just saying not all the rules are going to be followed all the time.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and take your advice on that eRay. This is competition-like, but there is no prize or anything like that. I am really hoping this turns into a good way for the new people to learn some stuff and the experienced ones can show off some great work.

The judges are Logoman, chestnutz6, and myself. I am perfectly happy with three, but if someone else really wants to do it, I'll take as many as 5. I appreciate the two of you taking on this task, and now the ones doing the concepts can rest assured that they have two seasoned and respected CCSLC members helping me judge these concepts.

I just want to put this out there- I applied for contest approval a while back and was okayed. They said they would tell me when I could start it, but I never heard from them again. I didn't push it and email them because I was actually busy at the time, but that is why my MLS Expansion City Contest never got off the ground. If they don't approve right away I would just go ahead with it and not call it a competition, just a friendly event. No ill will towards the competition council meant, I'm just saying not all the rules are going to be followed all the time.

That contest never started? I thought it was supposed to begin as soon as whatever big one was running at the time wrapped up.

Anyway, yours and this one can both go forward.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

That contest never started? I thought it was supposed to begin as soon as whatever big one was running at the time wrapped up.

Thanks, I might still do it but I will have to tweak some things since some of the cities that were in it already were awarded MLS teams. haha. And like I said, it wasn't a big deal, I could have just asked you but I was really busy and didn't want something else on my plate.

I appreciate the approval.

Now that we are legit, we need to fill the last few MLB slots so we can get this thing under way!

Can you do a team for 2 different sports or can you just do one? I'll take Orlando for MLB and if I can do both I'll take them for NFL too but I rather do MLB than NFL if I can only do one.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived