The Trifecta Competition

JayJaxon

Round 1 is over. Thanks to all that participated. The submissions have been posted in the form of links for all to see, along with the explanations for how they came up with the concept.

Round 2 (The NFL Round) will be due at midnight May 14th.

Guidelines for submitting your work:

You will not post your work on the board. You can either send me your concept via message or you can e-mail them to me. If you prefer to e-mail it, send me a message to obtain my e-mail address. If you e-mail it to me, make sure to include your CCSLC name along with the concept. If you want to give an explanation of your concept along with your work, feel free to do so. It's not required, but I know a lot of people like to do that.

When the clock strikes midnight (Pacific standard time) on April 29th, round 1 is over. If I don't get a message or e-mail from you before then, you are disqualified. At that time the judges will all get copies of the concepts to look at.

The concepts will then be posted on the message board with the judges decision not far behind.

The time line for Round 3 will follow shortly after.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Good luck and let's get Round 2 underway!

ROUND 1

MLB

New Orleans- eRay

Oklahoma City- RoughRiders9

Buffalo- nynewkid

Tennessee- scottysprings

Carolina- elliott

Portland- Crash

Indianapolis- williamrhys

San Antonio- chickenfish13

Salt Lake City- bruschimania

Jacksonville- TalktoChuck

Green Bay- cappital92

Sacramento- Firefly

Orlando- bigmike

ROUND 2

NFL

Los Angeles- Crash

Toronto- patsox

Oklahoma City- Firefly

Portland- chickenfish13

San Antonio- 1stDownCreative

Salt Lake City- burgundyskins

Milwaukee- dcameronh

Sacramento- bigcoyotes

Orlando- bigmike

ROUND 3

NBA

Pittsburgh- Throwback

Seattle- PepMan33Conde

St. Louis- jake22

Kansas City- RaiseTheBanner

Cincinnati- slightly shotgunned

San Diego- TalktoChuck

Baltimore- chickenfish13

Buffalo- philroy

Jacksonville- RTI

Green Bay- ChuckDownfield

Tampa Bay- raysox

I'm not sure if I missed any, but if I did, I'm sure it will be pointed out, and I'll add them as they are. Here is how the competition will go:

There will be three qualifying rounds based on the 3 leagues that are posted. The top two designers in each round will qualify for the final. Anyone can participate, but only two will advance.

If you advance after round one, you are welcome to participate in the last two rounds. However, you won't qualify for a win until the semi-final round.

The six semi-finalists will compete for the top 3 spots by putting a new pro hockey team of their choice in a city that is currently without one.

The Three finalists will then be given a list of teams to choose from in the final round. After the deadline, it will be up to a vote for the winner.

Here are the rules:

1. Be original. If you wanna put the Sonics back in Seattle, that's fine. But lets see some creativity while doing it.

2. use whatever template you like for the sport you are participating in.

3. I understand that a lot of people like to stick to one sport. This is a good way to get some people out of there element and force others to be more creative and come up with new and exciting concepts. You never know, you might enjoy doing basketball or baseball after this.

4. I fully expect all designers of all different skill levels to participate. Keep in mind though that the best designer might not win. Being original and thinking outside the box will go a long way to getting you in the top spots for this competition.

5. This is just meant to be a fun project to get some creativity flowing. Let's have some fun with this and I highly encourage the less experienced to learn some stuff, and for the more talented to teach a few things along the way.

6. If you don't win the first or second round, keep trying. 6 people are going to qualify for the semi-finals. I feel that the way it is set up will make it fair for everyone that will participate.

7. Since I am throwing this little party, I'm not going to be participating. I will be judging the qualifying rounds. So far I have one other judge. Logoman will be joining me to participate in the qualifying rounds for judging. The semi-final and final will be voted on by the people watching the thread. Good luck and I hope you guys have fun with this.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I noticed while perusing this idea:

Indianapolis has an NBA team, the Indiana Pacers. I'm not 100% on if they play within the city limits, but they definitely represent that city.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Can we call teams not in the first round? I'd really love to do an NFL team.

Really, I'd love to do one of each, but I don't want to keep someone else from participating.

If we're being allowed to call cities to do, I'd like MLB Portland, NFL L.A., and/or NBA San Diego.

I find your lack of NHL disturbing.

I agree

If I may, I just want to say that the NHL is a huge part of this project, even more important than the others. The 6 semi-finalists will compete for the final 3 spots by putting an NHL team in a new city. That means you must be chosen to get to make an NHL concept, making it pretty important.

I find your lack of NHL disturbing.

I agree

If I may, I just want to say that the NHL is a huge part of this project, even more important than the others. The 6 semi-finalists will compete for the final 3 spots by putting an NHL team in a new city. That means you must be chosen to get to make an NHL concept, making it pretty important.

Thanks eRay for clearing that up. It's true, the NHL will be represented to it's full capacity when the top 6 are chosen, putting it front and center.

Crash- You can do more than one. But I don't want to discourage anyone else from doing a football team in LA or a basketball team in San Diego, so if we get more people that wanna do it than teams available, I wanna leave that open to people. But only after all the other teams fill up. I wouldn't want 5 people trying to do LA and nobody on San Antonio. Keep in mind also that if you win in the first or second round, you are welcome to continue participating, but you can only qualify for the semi-final round once. At that point you would really just be doing it to add your own twist to the project. Hope that answers your question.

As far as the Pacers, you are right...I just messed up there. Good looking out aci.

Archived