The Trifecta Competition

JayJaxon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Round 1 (The MLB Round) will be due at midnight April 29th.

Guidelines for submitting your work:

You will not post your work on the board. You can either send me your concept via message or you can e-mail them to me. If you prefer to e-mail it, send me a message to obtain my e-mail address. If you e-mail it to me, make sure to include your CCSLC name along with the concept. If you want to give an explanation of your concept along with your work, feel free to do so. It's not required, but I know a lot of people like to do that.

When the clock strikes midnight (Pacific standard time) on April 29th, round 1 is over. If I don't get a message or e-mail from you before then, you are disqualified. At that time the judges will all get copies of the concepts to look at.

When the judges have made the decision, I will post all of the concepts submitted and announce the two that will advance.

The time line for Round 2 will follow shortly after.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Good luck and let's get this thing underway!

A few questions...

-Do you think you could post all of the concepts before the judges deliberate? I mean, whenever you get them all together, like on the deadline or day after or whatever. Personally I will be anxious to see them. If not, no worries.

-Is it ok to send you like 3 different images? I'm pretty much done with mine and there is a lot of things I want to show, so I currently have a logo sheet page, a color sheet page, and a jerseys page. I know for the kickball competition ShinyHubCaps had a one image limit. So I was just wondering if I could send as-is or if I should condense. I would really appreciate it if you could accept three, but if not, that's cool, too.

-I was planning on writing an explanation, but should I type it in the pm I send you, or should I work it into the file?

Thanks.

Round 1 (The MLB Round) will be due at midnight April 29th.

Guidelines for submitting your work:

You will not post your work on the board. You can either send me your concept via message or you can e-mail them to me. If you prefer to e-mail it, send me a message to obtain my e-mail address. If you e-mail it to me, make sure to include your CCSLC name along with the concept. If you want to give an explanation of your concept along with your work, feel free to do so. It's not required, but I know a lot of people like to do that.

When the clock strikes midnight (Pacific standard time) on April 29th, round 1 is over. If I don't get a message or e-mail from you before then, you are disqualified. At that time the judges will all get copies of the concepts to look at.

When the judges have made the decision, I will post all of the concepts submitted and announce the two that will advance.

The time line for Round 2 will follow shortly after.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Good luck and let's get this thing underway!

A few questions...

-Do you think you could post all of the concepts before the judges deliberate? I mean, whenever you get them all together, like on the deadline or day after or whatever. Personally I will be anxious to see them. If not, no worries.

-Is it ok to send you like 3 different images? I'm pretty much done with mine and there is a lot of things I want to show, so I currently have a logo sheet page, a color sheet page, and a jerseys page. I know for the kickball competition ShinyHubCaps had a one image limit. So I was just wondering if I could send as-is or if I should condense. I would really appreciate it if you could accept three, but if not, that's cool, too.

-I was planning on writing an explanation, but should I type it in the pm I send you, or should I work it into the file?

Thanks.

What I can do is post them all on the due date with the judges decision coming maybe 2 or 3 days later. I would like some discussion before the decision is made, so maybe doing it that way would allow everyone else to check them out before the winners are announced.

You can send me 3 different images if you like. As long as I have all the images that you want to send, it works for me. You can just write the explanation in the PM and I will post it along with your concept.

For everyone debating on if they want to write in an explanation as to why they did a certain thing or picked colors or what not, keep in mind that it is not a requirement, but many artists love to paint a picture to tell how they got to that point in the concept, and if you do write one in, it would amdwer questions before anyone even asks.

-Hope this answers your questions.

I know there is a template request thread, but I figured I would get more response here. Does anyone have a good SVG baseball jersey template? The only one I could find was from jerseydatabase.com, but it isn't working on my computer. Thanks for the help.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=55587

Try this thread.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'm back in, school's calming down, so does anyone have a team name Idea for my team?

Tampa NBA btw

One thing that helps me when thinking of team names is going to wikipedia and looking at a state's (obviously FL in this case) characteristics on the right hand side, like state bird and state dog, and then scrolling down and reading a little about the state, and maybe even going to the Tampa wikipedia page, and look at stuff from there. You may not take anything specific but it sometimes helps spark an idea for me. So sorry, I don't have any real name suggestions, but maybe that will help if you have trouble.

And Jay that helps a lot, thanks, I might end up sending it tonight.

As far as explanations go, I think it'd definitely be easier to include them in the presentation picture/template dealio, like people did with the kickball thing.

I don't think it would be too much worse if we just typed it in the pm to jay, and then he copied and pasted the explanation into whatever thread the final designs will be on. Along with links to the images, linking would probably be better than crowding with images, don't you think?

As far as explanations go, I think it'd definitely be easier to include them in the presentation picture/template dealio, like people did with the kickball thing.

I don't think it would be too much worse if we just typed it in the pm to jay, and then he copied and pasted the explanation into whatever thread the final designs will be on. Along with links to the images, linking would probably be better than crowding with images, don't you think?

Each participant is going to get their own post complete with the explanation and link to the concept.

elliott brings up a great point to do it in links rather than actual pictures, and I would rather do it that way too because I can't stand it when people quote the entire concept complete with pictures when they post their replies. There is nothing morally wrong with it, it just grinds my gears. :)

Archived