The Trifecta Competition

JayJaxon

Crawdads wouldn't actually be a good name for a team in New Orleans. We call them crawfish. Crawdads is more of a Northern LA, Arkansas and Midwest term for them.

Thanks, and I (clearly) did not know that. I could have easily named them Crawfish. I read somewhere that Crawdads was the term used most widely.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really sorry but I have to pull out of the competition. I had the NFL Milwaukee spot. My wife and I just had our new baby girl this last weekend and she was a month early! Needless to say I won't have any time to finish my concept.

I was working on a update of the old Arena team there - The Milwaukee Mustangs. I had also thought of maybe doing an update/crossover of the old Milwaukee Braves. Anyways, maybe that would give some ideas to someone who would pickup my spot. Thanks.

ColaCock, yes the submissions have to be original work. The participants have to create a name, logos, and uniforms.

I'd rather not call anyone one because I'm not 100% sure, but I see a recent submission that includes a logo I feel I have seen around the web before.

dcameronh, congratulations on your new baby! I'm sure someone will take your spot.

Firefly and Crash, you guys are welcome to do the NFL concepts if you want, but I would like to leave it to anyone else if they are interested. At this point they will have 10 days to complete it though, so if you wanna do it just for fun, that is just fine with me.

I want to know about the possible offender too. You can always post it up and preface it with something saying you aren't sure, but you have an odd feeling or something. Somebody will be able to track something down and it'll get figured out.

dcameronh, congratulations on your new baby! I'm sure someone will take your spot.

Firefly and Crash, you guys are welcome to do the NFL concepts if you want, but I would like to leave it to anyone else if they are interested. At this point they will have 10 days to complete it though, so if you wanna do it just for fun, that is just fine with me.

I will take Milwaukee, this will be my first design.

That might be me, I was having trouble designing the crown and pulled one of the web to use as a inspiration. Calling myself out!

Uh... :blink: look at post #1 bro.

i am having trouble with a name for a st. louis nba franchise, any help with this would help me out alot

When I had them, which was forgotten about, I was going to bring back the Spirits of St. Louis from the ABA. It is a great name for a team, very unique, and can have a great identity built off it.

Maybe I'm just thinkin' Wizard of Oz here, but I really like the idea of Tornadoes or Twisters. Although there might be some similarity with the OKC Thunder.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

That might be me, I was having trouble designing the crown and pulled one of the web to use as a inspiration. Calling myself out!

What crown did you use? I went looking and came up empty and it's driving me crazy.

For the Kansas City team, you can go with a BBQ theme. I know it sounds kinda silly, but KC is the BBQ capital of the world.

How about the Smoke? Short stacks?

But if you think about it, there are a lot of teams that I am sure were thought as silly when introduced. Anyone remember the Cardinals, Knicks or Brewers?

Uh... :blink: look at post #1 bro.

I was loaded with a huge science project today, I can't take it. I still don't get what is on post #1 other than it is due in like a week. Or is it my first post, but now it is my second.

Archived