NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Elimin8ted.png

Classy, Maz.

You shouldn't even be allowed to cheer for the Penguins in the playoffs, considering your venom towards the team and Dan Bylsma when he was announced as head coach.

You are an awful, awful fan.

Seconded.

I actually like it. If it weren't for Maz's expressed hatred of Ovechkin then nobody would've said anything.

Thank god for the Pirates otherwise the people in Pittsburgh wouldn't know what it's like to watch a crappy team. They're keeping you somewhat humble, you need the Pirates to suck.

#1: I know, right? Any other Pens fan but maz wouldn't have gotten a bit of guff for that sig.

#2: It's like when the Bruins were "bad" compared to when Boston's teams were basically winning every championship that they possibly could.

Not true, the Celtics and Bruins were both pathetic until the 2007-08 season. Just that the C's were worse, and then better, and more popular the whole way. Not that it matters. :D

Holy crap, I just realized that the Bruins made the playoffs for 24 consecutive seasons after their last Cup win and lost every time. Wowza, I'm glad I wasn't alive/old enough to witness all that. :P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elimin8ted.png

Classy, Maz.

You shouldn't even be allowed to cheer for the Penguins in the playoffs, considering your venom towards the team and Dan Bylsma when he was announced as head coach.

Seconded.

I actually like it. If it weren't for Maz's expressed hatred of Ovechkin then nobody would've said anything.

Thank god for the Pirates otherwise the people in Pittsburgh wouldn't know what it's like to watch a crappy team. They're keeping you somewhat humble, you need the Pirates to suck.

#1: I know, right? Any other Pens fan but maz wouldn't have gotten a bit of guff for that sig.

#2: It's like when the Bruins were "bad" compared to when Boston's teams were basically winning every championship that they possibly could.

Not true, the Celtics and Bruins were both pathetic until the 2007-08 season. Just that the C's were worse, and then better, and more popular the whole way. Not that it matters. :D

Holy crap, I just realized that the Bruins made the playoffs for 24 consecutive seasons after their last Cup win and lost every time. Wowza, I'm glad I wasn't alive/old enough to witness all that. :P

Just be happy you aren't a Blues fan - 30 straight appearances, no cups before, during, or after that stretch. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Maz's "homerizms" gets under my skin as much as anyone, but seriously? I don't get why everyone is so up in arms about this. There have been countless times where I've seen you all say it's done after a game 2 or whatever game it may be, and then be excited when your team comes back.

Washington reminded me of the '04 Senators, in their game 7.(Neon, you don't have to turn this into another leafs thing, I'm just mentioning them)

A goalie letting everything in, you got one or two players actually showing up to play, the opposing team's goalie is stopping almost everything. Was definitely reminded of that meltdown in 2004

Hi, how are you?

Just be happy you aren't a Blues fan - 30 straight appearances, no cups before, during, or after that stretch. :P

Twenty-five, actually. But, you are correct. The Blues' cup drought is a few months short of the Leafs'. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Maz's "homerizms" gets under my skin as much as anyone, but seriously? I don't get why everyone is so up in arms about this. There have been countless times where I've seen you all say it's done after a game 2 or whatever game it may be, and then be excited when your team comes back.

Washington reminded me of the '04 Senators, in their game 7.(Neon, you don't have to turn this into another leafs thing, I'm just mentioning them)

A goalie letting everything in, you got one or two players actually showing up to play, the opposing team's goalie is stopping almost everything. Was definitely reminded of that meltdown in 2004

It is not the first time he has done this. He did it ALL season regarding the coaching decisions and the ability of many of the teams players. If this was the first time we had seen this behaviour, none of us would care. It is the fact that it is a consistent thing. It is one thing to say you know your team may not win but you still hold out hope OR you do what Maz does and write it off entirely then jump back up when things turn around and almost pretend that you were never down on certain players or individuals. You either support your team through thick and thin or you bail on them, and if you do, you do not have the right to jump back up and act as though you never doubted them.

And really, I kind of agree about the series. So no worries there. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Twenty-five, actually. But, you are correct. The Blues' cup drought is a few months short of the Leafs'. :D

You are correct. I have no idea where I got 30 from. Maybe I got confused by their 34 total appearances. :s Well, you guys and the Kings can go cry together about that. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Elimin8ted.png

Classy, Maz.

Seconded.

I was reading the 13 levels of losing the other day....MORE than a couple Bruins' losses were on that list, plus the other day I watched the "too many men on the ice" game from the 70s when they lost to the Canadiens. Must be rough to be Bruins' fan since their last Cup. :P

EDIT: Nevermind. I know I never stopped being a fan of them, that's good enough for me. I really don't care if people really believe that or what they think of me, which I know my credibility in any hockey discussions from now on on these boards is gone completely.

I just totally appreciate being told I cant root for my favorite team anymore because supposedly I did something I didn't do.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Anyways, Detroit and Boston better win these games tonight or I'm out 10 bucks.

Someone has got to win for me.

I'd say the Wings is a lock to win tonight. I mean, they're the freaking Detroit Red Wings, for god's sake!

As for the Bruins, I'm rooting for them because of what Carolina did to Edmonton in 2006. That series still pisses me off! Can you really call the Hurricanes "Stanley Cup Champions" if it takes them all seven games to beat the combination of Ty Conklin and Jussi Markkanen?? :mad:

6uXNWAo.png

Elimin8ted.png

Classy, Maz.

Seconded.

I was reading the 13 levels of losing the other day....MORE than a couple Bruins' losses were on that list, plus the other day I watched the "too many men on the ice" game from the 70s when they lost to the Canadiens. Must be rough to be Bruins' fan since their last Cup. :P

Alotta Bruins teams coulda, shoulda, woulda, but ultimately came up very short. 2004 comes up as the most painful to me individually. Everyone knew the lockout was coming, and the B's had a legitimate shot at the Cup, up 3-1 to the Habs just to see it fall away, that one really hurt. It hasn't been easy being a Bruins fan the past 20 years but hopefully one of these days, it will all be worth it.

Classy Wing fans with their Bull$hit chant that has been going all game.

-Dan

Heard that as well. Detroit and classy is like water and oil: It'll never mix.

Although I do want to see Carolina win tonight because, as odd as it is, I wouldn't mind seeing the Canes winning another title just to piss off all the old Whaler fans. :P

Yeah totally. Those Whalers fans suck. They were really riding high with those dominant Whalers teams of old. They deserved to have them get moved to a place that didn't want 'em. Serves them right, if you ask me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah totally. Those Whalers fans suck. They were really riding high with those dominant Whalers teams of old. They deserved to have them get moved to a place that didn't want 'em. Serves them right, if you ask me.

And they say sarcasm is hard to detect online.

And Detroit scores

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived