Poster made for a football team

Spammy

The composition of this looks really strange, I'm not sure what the point of the silver bar thing is, but it looks very out of place. Still on that, I don't think the combination of gold from the logos (actually looks like a weird green to me) and the silver text works, one or the other I reckon. The typeface also doesn't seem right when alongside the other serif typefaces. The players at the bottom are also very off-putting, kind of floating there in purgatory, and at different scales. The guy second from left looks tiny in stature (maybe he is), and the one on the far right has a problem with a foot missing and is too far down the screen in comparison to the others. You should resize the images and find some sort of background to put them on, maybe a texture, maybe include a little more of the original photos, but definately something. Finally, the RMC wordmark is totally out of place in my opinion, the lighting effects and 3D rendering don't fit with your very flat presentation of the rest of the elements, it's positioning makes it kind of hang there, and the fact that it's set diagonally again clashes with everthing else. Plus the colours don't seem to fit either. Actually, none of the colours seem to go with any of the other colours.

I really can't believe I am saying this but: spammy, I am proud of you. This is a pretty good concept and much cleaner than the stuff you have presented in the past. I congratulate you on a job well done.

BTW, were you banned for a while for something or what? This seems like a very random appearance by you. Oh well. Spammy is back, this time lets not start any trouble, okay.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Is this a poster or a wallpaper? The size seems better suited for the latter. I'd work with the placement of the logos, as it looks like they're just shoved in the corners at this point. The players could be a little smoother, especially the helmet on the quarterback. Not particularly diggin' the Batman Forever font, but it's not awful. I just don't like it much. The background could be a little livelier, or maybe just work with the space at the bottom with the players a bit. Perhaps try a subtle pattern or maybe just a dark green background with faded dark edges. Not a bad start here, and a hell of a step forward from some of your other work.

1. Silver horizontal bar is unnecessary and awkward.

2. The fade-in / fade-out effect on the schedule is bad because it makes it look like you're deliberately highlighting certain games, while downplaying the others. Lose it.

3. Shading effect on RMC looks bad too - you should highlight the school's logo, not try to make it bleed into the background.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm curious spammy, how many people go to RMC? My high school has 2500. Who wins?

Also, how many teams are in the NAIA? It seems like they could find more teams to play, I mean they play most teams twice, that would get boring to me in an 8 game span.

I'm curious spammy, how many people go to RMC? My high school has 2500. Who wins?

Also, how many teams are in the NAIA? It seems like they could find more teams to play, I mean they play most teams twice, that would get boring to me in an 8 game span.

yeah we only have 800 students :/ .

also not very many teams in the NAIA

The problem is that these schools don't have huge athletic budgets to take it's football team very far to play football games, or even have a football team. Those are probably the only NAIA schools around that have football.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The problem is that these schools don't have huge athletic budgets to take it's football team very far to play football games, or even have a football team. Those are probably the only NAIA schools around that have football.

almost exactly right

Is this a poster intended to be printed, or a "poster" intended to be plastered on a computer's desktop? If you actually tried printing this, it wouldn't even be able to fit a quarter of a letter size sheet of paper.

The placement of every element seems to be very random, particularly the poorly cropped player images. For some reason your use of the school's brand elements seem off in terms of the colour. RMC has a brand guideline for anyone to download with the correct colour values, which was clearly pointed out in your last "concept". Something tells me the phrase "learning from mistakes" doesn't apply to you.

Photoshop filters are terrible. Are you trying to make the letters chrome and shiny? Well guess what, since the poorly rendered 3D-ness of text, it really reads "HUCKY FOOTBALL 2009". Then the random chrome bar for some reason points directly at the Montana game, which leads me to believe that its the only game that there is "excitment" to catch.

Also, Batman font?

Lastly, using a solid black as the background without much reason for it is a complete waste of ink. If this poster IS indeed intended to print, RMC would be paying for a 4-colour process, with much of it wasted on simply black ink.

Wade-sig.png

almost exactly right

Ya, the college athletic levels go like this: NCAA Div I, NCAA Div II, NCAA Div III, NAIA Div I, NAIA Div II.

We have two NAIA schools in my area (Sioux City, IA) and I believe the farthest they travel is to Minnesota or maybe Illinois.

They are not very big schools at all, they are NAIA Div II. Is Rocky Div I?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

almost exactly right

Ya, the college athletic levels go like this: NCAA Div I, NCAA Div II, NCAA Div III, NAIA Div I, NAIA Div II.

We have two NAIA schools in my area (Sioux City, IA) and I believe the farthest they travel is to Minnesota or maybe Illinois.

They are not very big schools at all, they are NAIA Div II. Is Rocky Div I?

rockys D1

Archived