Perth Glory

Primal

Praise Adidas, I have seen the light! Perth has risen!!!

So, is Perth playing in the 1st Tier Aussie league or the local church league?

Not a great name, though of the three logos, the current is the best (turn the sunburst to solid orange and it is pretty good.)

Ooh, look, someone figured out how to warp text! How cute.

I like the rays breaking out of the shield, that's clever. The 3-D ball to go with it is a bad idea. The top of the badge is terrible all around.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't like it. There's too much "glowing" and the logo in general looks like something you would see on a generic action figure box. Plus, I find it kinda funny that the trademark "TM" is almost as big as the "FC" wordmark.

I like the rays breaking out of the shield, that's clever. The 3-D ball to go with it is a bad idea. The top of the badge is terrible all around.

Wouldn't the rays breaking out of the shield make for a difficult-to-embroider jersey crest?

The name 'Glory' was part of a goal to create a team with broad appeal that was not associated with any particular overseas club or ethnic background, ditto the rather non-traditional orange and purple colour scheme. And frankly, it worked quite well.

(their unofficial anthem was a classic Aussie pub rock song called 'Bound for Glory', which helped dispel any of the more puritanical interpretations of the name)

Wouldn't the rays breaking out of the shield make for a difficult-to-embroider jersey crest?

Reebok usually screens the logo onto their jerseys or uses Lextra instead of embroidery so stitching won't be a problem.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A-League Logo checklist:

- deformed Arsenal shield design. CHECK

- bland uninspired font choice. CHECK

- attempt to look modern yet stuck in 1995 CHECK

It's better than the last one... just.

liverpool-1.png

A-League Logo checklist:

- deformed Arsenal shield design. CHECK

- bland uninspired font choice. CHECK

- attempt to look modern yet stuck in 1995 CHECK

It's better than the last one... just.

Don't forget the picture of the ball so as the team remember which sport they're playing.

• 1 month later...

Yay big Glory fan here! I like the logo...that probably has a lot to do with the fact that we've had to put up with the last astrocity for 4 years. Anything looks better than what we had. Our first logo was pretty good, but this one is a little bit better. I agree that it looks a little 'plastic', but its edgy and new and fresh so I think it gets a thumbs up.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived