Interesting... (Yankees BP uniforms)

TrueYankee26

What if it is two textures? One texture making the inside of the NY, and another texture for the outline. That could cause a lighting effect.

Shiny twill for the NY, and flat thread for the stitching. Very likely this is just lightning behaving differently against different fabrics.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If you think that's a lighting effect then you need your glasses checked. Why? Because you notice the outline of white stays the same thickness around the whole interlocking NY logo. It's silver on white or silver outlined in white just as it is on the dugout jackets.

If you think that's a lighting effect then you need your glasses checked. Why? Because you notice the outline of white stays the same thickness around the whole interlocking NY logo. It's silver on white or silver outlined in white just as it is on the dugout jackets.

I think that also backs up the lighting trick argument, the stitching would be the same width all the way around the whole shape. I'm in the lighting trick camp but I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

I've seen this jersey up close in sporting goods stores before. The NY is mesh with a thicker fabric outline. Both the same color, just two different materials.

If this is the same jersey that I've seen in stores, then the fabric of the NY is kind of reflective, which would account for the slightly silver/gray appearance in the photo. In person, it always looks slightly gray to me, like the reflective strips on some biking shirts.

20082614447.png

Archived