NFL baseball jerseys done in local MLB team style

mediocreguy

These are actually really awesome. I'd honestly love to see them do this for every sport, every team. A Flyers baseball jersey, football jersey, basketball jersey and so on and so forth. It's be pretty badass to see a hockey jersey based on the Flyers jersey (preferably their alternate) with the Phillies script/logo/colors/etc.

Sorta like what we did

2d9ba89.jpg

2IA3b.png

I wonder what they will do for Chicago. Bears styled cubs jersey or sox jersey?

What about new york? Even more confusing. We shall see

I'm guessing it will have pinstripes.

I always thought that the Giants had a fan base similar to the NYY, and the Jets were predominantly Mets fans. I'm sure that changed once those teams moved out of the baseball stadiums however-many years ago, but still.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I wonder what they will do for Chicago. Bears styled cubs jersey or sox jersey?

What about new york? Even more confusing. We shall see

I'm guessing it will have pinstripes.

I always thought that the Giants had a fan base similar to the NYY, and the Jets were predominantly Mets fans. I'm sure that changed once those teams moved out of the baseball stadiums however-many years ago, but still.

That's pretty much the case.

p5867373reg.jpgp5867449reg.jpg

Hmm. I'm surprised by how much I don't like these. They're both just too close to their baseball inspirations. The Giants in particular, with the NY on the left breast and the one-color NOB, looks like a cheap Yankees replica knockoff sold out of the back of a van in Chinatown. These work when they look like homages, not when they look like ripoffs.

I'm curious about how they'd handle the 49ers.

20082614447.png

These are actually really awesome. I'd honestly love to see them do this for every sport, every team. A Flyers baseball jersey, football jersey, basketball jersey and so on and so forth. It's be pretty badass to see a hockey jersey based on the Flyers jersey (preferably their alternate) with the Phillies script/logo/colors/etc.

Sorta like what we did

2d9ba89.jpg

Sort of... Keep that logo but do the jersey in the style of the Blackhawks and you'd have what I'm talking about.

Giants one is what we'd thought it'd be, and Chicago's is out as well:

Since it does look like they're making these on both raglan and set-in templates, it is clear that the Bears' jersey is modeled after the White Sox, and not the Cubs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since it does look like they're making these on both raglan and set-in templates, it is clear that the Bears' jersey is modeled after the White Sox, and not the Cubs.

But not having the number on front (which I know, none of the teams do) can also make it seem more like a Cubs, and is more obvious than the stitching. It may not have been intentional, but it does kind of give it the essence that it's modeled after both, which is good, considering it's the only football team in a "2 baseball team" city.

Hmm. I'm surprised by how much I don't like these. They're both just too close to their baseball inspirations. The Giants in particular, with the NY on the left breast and the one-color NOB, looks like a cheap Yankees replica knockoff sold out of the back of a van in Chinatown. These work when they look like homages, not when they look like ripoffs.

Is anyone else irritated by how the Giants uni has the blue logo on the front and then the red number/name on the back? If they had stuck with blue for the back as well, that would be a great shirt IMO.

Oddly though it doesn't irritate me on the Bears shirt.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Is anyone else irritated by how the Giants uni has the blue logo on the front and then the red number/name on the back? If they had stuck with blue for the back as well, that would be a great shirt IMO.

The Bears NOB has orange trim instead of being completely navy blue. It'd be interesting to see what the Giants NOB would look like with blue trim.

330zl3b.png

The Bears NOB has orange trim instead of being completely navy blue. It'd be interesting to see what the Giants NOB would look like with blue trim.

Speaking of all these NOBs, I find it both weird and interesting that they are all vertically arched as opposed to radially arched like pretty mch every baseball team does these days, the only exception I can think of in recent years being, of course, the Atlanta Braves.

(Which suddenly makes me really wonder how the Falcons' faseball jerseys will turn out...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Speaking of all these NOBs, I find it both weird and interesting that they are all vertically arched as opposed to radially arched like pretty mch every baseball team does these days, the only exception I can think of in recent years being, of course, the Atlanta Braves.

(Which suddenly makes me really wonder how the Falcons' faseball jerseys will turn out...)

But even the Braves switched to radial arc NOB's a few years ago. Another way the NFL is saying, "they're not EXACTLY like the MLB jerseys"?

I predict the Falcons' will mimic the Braves' piping (black/red/black... maybe reversed?) with the wordmark, complete with "Atlanta" in red, above "Falcons" in black.

I predicted the Bears' exactly as it appeared to be, so why not make another one? :D

But not having the number on front (which I know, none of the teams do) can also make it seem more like a Cubs, and is more obvious than the stitching. It may not have been intentional, but it does kind of give it the essence that it's modeled after both, which is good, considering it's the only football team in a "2 baseball team" city.

Funny - I notice the stitching of the sleeves before anything else! Maybe because it just irritates me so much when pinstriped teams use set-in sleeves.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Funny - I notice the stitching of the sleeves before anything else! Maybe because it just irritates me so much when pinstriped teams use set-in sleeves.

Uh..excuse me sir...baseball ignorant guy has question...

...just so I can know what y'all talking about, can someone explain this "raglan" and "set-in" thing to me, please?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Uh..excuse me sir...baseball ignorant guy has question...

...just so I can know what y'all talking about, can someone explain this "raglan" and "set-in" thing to me, please?

Those aren't baseball-specific terms, they're just general fashion terms. It's how the sleeves are attached to the shirt. Raglan, the sleeves are attached at the neck, so there's no seam on the shoulder. Set in, they're just appended to the shoulder. Look at the two jerseys above - specifically the pinstripes on the shoulder, and you'll see how the seams are different.

Archived