Lake County Fielders

Burmy

They seem to have gotten their caps from the team store just seconds before the game. I'm surprised none of them have the kids' EXTREME caps on.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right after the game they're going to the company picnic and golf tournament.

Which will be BYOEverything.

Edit: It appears they were wearing this cap on the field. Must have been what they had the most overstock of at the team store kiosk in Gurnee.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

More info from the Fielders-Flyers pre-season game...

* Team officials announced that 6,000 tickets were distributed for the ball-game, though the turnstile count was 7.

* The Lake County Fielders' uniforms were part of a tribute to The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings. Proceeds from ticket sales and concessions were to be donated towards efforts to digitally remaster the 1976 comedic sports film. The game's organizers had hoped that Billy Dee Williams and James Earl Jones, who co-starred in the film, would participate in the game's ceremonial first-pitch. However, a spokesperson for Rich Ehrenreich said that the actors were "unable to attend due to prior commitments". Instead, along with their respective lineup cards, the field managers for the Fielders and the host Schaumburg Flyers delivered a can of Colt 45 Malt Liquor and a commemorative Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head to the home-plate umpire.

* A cardboard cut-out of Kevin Costner went 1-for-3 and was hit by a pitch in four plate appearances for the Fielders. Defensively, it went untested in right field.

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to post this earlier - I drove through Zion on the way back from Wisconsin last Friday, and took a picture of the Fielders' new stadium.

The picture doesn't give you the full experience of the thriving "ballpark district" surrounding it, though.

On the northeast corner of 173 and Green Bay, where the ballpark is, there's a CVS.

On the southwest corner, there's a gas station.

On the southeast corner, there's an empty strip mall, and a yet-to-be-completed gas station.

On the northwest corner, there's a discount cigarette shack.

Also, every major road within at least a 1-mile radius is only 2 lanes, so there's plenty of infrastructure to bring in those 8,000 fans per game.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Excellent work. Thanks.

http://www.suburbanc.../sports/2295538,5_2_WA20_FIELD_S1-100520.article

Latest bad reporting from the Fielders' business partners. They seem disturbingly confident that their sod can take well enough in three weeks to play baseball on it, which goes against pretty much everything I thought they'd been saying. The infrastructure is going to be a nightmare if they have nothing but two-lane roads and an off-site gravel parking lot; having one cop wave people through a crosswalk doesn't make it okay. I'm generally wary of investors who can't be named. It's pretty sad to watch this team keep taking advantage of stupid people. Ehrenreich and his cronies "doing business" with Zion is like the cool 4th grader and his friends beating up 1st graders in the reading-disabled class. The inequity is that bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Meant to post this earlier - I drove through Zion on the way back from Wisconsin last Friday, and took a picture of the Fielders' new stadium.

Well....at least they've demarcated the property.

(I assume that's what the falling over not-fence represents. It'd be really bad if the overgrown lot next to it was supposed to be the ballpark. Or the "parking lot".)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On the plus side, at least this confirms they have a set of jerseys other than the gray ones they've worn for every public function. Wonder if they were still wearing those absurd off-the-rack pinstripe hats.

Cramming all three initials onto the hat pretty much ruins the look.

I was at game two of their series with Winnipeg. The Fielders have played surprisingly well - I expected complete disarray on their part given the way things have unfolded for them.

Anyway, their look is strictly beer league. The maroon jersey, blue pant and black hat is no better in person. But really, I'd say it's the least of their problems right now.

That's the funniest thing about this whole deal. Even though everything around them is clown college, they're remarkably solid when it comes to baseball operations.

EDIT: Just saw this on their facebook group, copying here for posterity because they're gonna baleet it:

Can someone let me know when the Fielders are going to pay year old

invoices? Any other vendors having trouble getting paid?

I can't get anyone to get back to me but my company is out a substantial

amount of money for goods used to promote and sell to fans that we

...delivered........wait for it......a year ago!

Any advice? Please email me here -- with advice or

updates. We will blog

the experience in the coming days if you are interested in receiving

that link - please email me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

Archived