Quebec Nordiques

mcrosby

So here we are, the Quebec Nordiques. Not much to explain here I guess. The main logo is polar bear+fleur de lis, the shoulder logo is their former logo. The jerseys are the same general idea I played with last time, I don't believe it's in any way done, but I can't pinpoint what needs to be done, so C&C please.

quebeclogobear.png

quebecaway.png

quebechome.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That logo is really clever and creative. I like the jerseys except I think you could go without the fleur-de-lis on the side of the jersey, because I think you have enough of them as it is. Overall, this is a really solid concept, great job.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

well, it is a very good start. here are some things you could work on:

- the bear's head/face shape: maybe if you could possibly make it look more like a bear? I'm really not sure how to exactly do this but if you look at it quick it could be confused as a cougar or even a person

- the bear's eyes: they look a little whacked out since they are facing up and looking in different directions. a slight angle change is all that's needed here

- the mouth: i'm not sure if you intended him to be smiling, but it kind of looks that way. it's nothing major, I'm just kind of trying to clarify what you were going for, I guess.

for the uniforms, they're a little strange but still pretty cool. Very unique piece of design. One thing, did you know that the accents on the fleur-de-lis are different colors? (red on the blue jersey, blue on the white jersey). it's fine, just wnated to make sure that's what you wanted... great start keep at it!

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

I really like this logo so unique, a great piece of art.

The jerseys are out there and I think they may work as a alternate. But this logo doesn't deserve to be with that piping. I think you should get rid of that and simply have a horizontal stripe of some sort on the bottom.

I think you should get rid of all the fleur-de-lis except put one on each shoulder then get rid of the Nordiques logo and make this completely your own jersey.

One last thing, I hope im not sounding bossy hehe, the logo is pretty big probably should make it smaller.

Great job all together here I love what you have done so far.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

So here we are, the Quebec Nordiques. Not much to explain here I guess. The main logo is polar bear+fleur de lis, the shoulder logo is their former logo. The jerseys are the same general idea I played with last time, I don't believe it's in any way done, but I can't pinpoint what needs to be done, so C&C please.

quebeclogobear.png

quebecaway.png

quebechome.png

Why not alternate the shoulders with the "n" logo and the fleur de lis and just leave the blue panels blue?

Here's an update. I tried to go simpler with the sweaters. I took out the Nordiques old logo and replaced it with the fleur de lis, and also added 3 of them along the bottom of the back, a call to the Nordiques old set. I tried them along the bottom of the front as well, but it looked cluttered.

The bear is also updated, made wider to rid it of any confusion. I think it looks definitely bear-like now. I also moved the eyes out of the fleur de lis, and I think they look quite a bit better.

Without further ado, the update. C&C please.

quebecset2.png

Here's an update. I tried to go simpler with the sweaters. I took out the Nordiques old logo and replaced it with the fleur de lis, and also added 3 of them along the bottom of the back, a call to the Nordiques old set. I tried them along the bottom of the front as well, but it looked cluttered.

The bear is also updated, made wider to rid it of any confusion. I think it looks definitely bear-like now. I also moved the eyes out of the fleur de lis, and I think they look quite a bit better.

Without further ado, the update. C&C please.

quebecset2.png

These sweaters are much, much better!!! All in all, good job!!!

canada.png

• 9 months later...

It's been about 9 months since I've touched this, and I think the time away has really helped. I was looking through my stuff and saw my 'nordiques logo' and was disgusted by how much what I thought looked like a bear looked nothing like a bear. I've done quite a bit of work to the logo, and added much simpler, yet unique jerseys to go with.

Has2916 just posted a Nordiques concept, and I don't mean to steal his thunder, I think we've taken different enough approaches that it should be okay.

Without further ado, here is the update.

First off here is the updated logo. I can't tell you how much happier I am with this than my previous attempts. I've updated the colors too, something a bit more along the lines of the Avalanche. I think it works. I had silver as well, but it made making the jerseys simple a bit more difficult.

quebecbear4.png

Here's a progression of the attempts I've done, with colors standardized so you can more easily see the other changes.

quebeclogoprogression.png

And here are updated jerseys. I will say that I used a few critiques from Has2916's C&C to do this. I used a sublimated FDL on the back and made quite large FDL on the shoulders. I liked the blue shoulder panels on the USA away sets used in the Olympics, so I tried to emulate that here.

quebecset3-1.png

C&C please

I like the ghost fleur, but it seems that you've descended into using the Avalanche's colours, which couldn't possibly go over well with the Nordiques' fanbase.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

These look really good! I agree that using the Denver team's colors wouldn't go over so well in reality, but they are used well here.

Would you be willing to grace us with a look at this latest version done it the 'Diques light blue/red?

The logo is a huge improvement, btw.

I'm not a fan of shoulder caps, but, IMO, big fleur-de-lis on the shoulders are an excellent choice for Quebec redesigns. :)

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

The updated logo is light years better then what you had. It looks great. I also like the ghost fleur, but agree that it needs to be moved up. I think if you made that gigantic shoulder logo a normal-sized patch, you'd have a great set.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The updated logo is light years better then what you had. It looks great. I also like the ghost fleur, but agree that it needs to be moved up. I think if you made that gigantic shoulder logo a normal-sized patch, you'd have a great set.

brilliant idea for a logo. looks ace.

Thanks Davidson and dgnmrwrw, that means quite a bit coming from you guys. I still feel like it's missing something that your logos always seem to have.

Just so you can see it, here is the logo with original Nordiques colors.

quebecbearoriginalcolors.png

I think I'll stick with the Avalanche colors, as I think it is a great update of what are actually quite 'meh' colors. If the Nordiques hadn't moved I think they should have gone this route with their scheme.

I'll have an update of the jerseys up later tonight, so if you've got any great suggestions, please make them.

Archived