Steve McNair has died.

epper

I never said adultry is like or equal to child molestation. People should read the post and take it at face value instead of trying to interpret it.

I would like to see where in any of my posts in this thread where I compared it.

-Dan

I do not feel bad for Steve McNair at all. He was cheating on his wife and betrayed his family.

I feel bad for McNair's wife, kids and family. I do not feel bad for Steve, if he did choose to put himself in that situation of cheating on his wife and family this would not have happened.

so you're saying adultery should be punishable by death? harsh man, harsh. not condoning what he did at all, but people make mistakes.

Yes that's exactly what I am saying...

Come on, don't take things that literally.

Adultry is not a mistake it is concious decision. Forgetting to leave a tip is a mistake, forgetting the time of a dentist appointment is a mistake. Banging a chick that is not your wife is not a mistake.

And for the record... I don't think that death is an appropriate punishment for adultry.

But I don't know why people have strayed from traditional morals. There are some moral absolutes in this world. Murder = Bad, Rape = Bad, Adultry = Bad, Drugs = Bad etc...

However there is a lot of apathy towards traditional values these days. I am sickened by the support that Michael Jackson has recieved. I will go to my grave believeing that he is a child molester that got off. I don't care how good Thriller was or how many records he sold. Child molesting is evil and unforgivable and I sincerely hope he rots for it.

But back to McNair. He cheated on his wife and betrayed his family. I don't think he should have been killed but at the same time I don't feel sorry for him. He knowling cheated on his wife and put himself in that situation. If he was not a cheater and was a good family man like he should have been he would still be alive today.

-Dan

You compared adultry to murder and trhen went into a discussion of Michael Jackson. Anyone with half a brain see's that the two share no relevence unless you are infact comparing the to. We're discussing McNair and you bring child molestation into the whole thing. Therefore the only thing anyone can see in you bringing them up is that you wish to compare the two.

Once again, you can't tell us how you would feel if your dad cheated, because he infact hasn't. nobody can tell anyone how they would react in a situation that they haven't been in. More then likely you wouldn't believe it. you don't even know that he and his wife were still together, they could've been seperated at the moment as is being speculated.

So if you'd like to see where you did I just showed you. There is zero logical way to look at you bringing Michael Jackson up other then to compare the two cases.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My posts arn't Shakespear, there is no need to interpret them (I feel like a broke record having to constantly say this) there are no hidden messages in my postings. My posting are pretty black and white.

When I wrote:

"There are some moral absolutes in this world. Murder = Bad, Rape = Bad, Adultry = Bad, Drugs = Bad etc..."

It was in response to eppers' comment that McNair made a mistake by having an affair. My response that it was not a mistake but a dilberate act. Which was made by the moral absolutes comment. That comment is not, is not (I don't know how many time I need to say this) compairing child molestation to adultry. I said Murder = Bad, Rape = Bad, Adultry = Bad, not Murder=Adultry=Rape. Can we agree that murder, rape, adultry and drugs are bad?

Then, as a follow up to that statement I wrote:

"However there is a lot of apathy towards traditional values these days. I am sickened by the support that Michael Jackson has recieved. I will go to my grave believeing that he is a child molester that got off. I don't care how good Thriller was or how many records he sold. Child molesting is evil and unforgivable and I sincerely hope he rots for it."

Lets break it down...

The first sentence of that statement is pretty self explainatory. The following comments was just an example to back it up. (God forbid I used a current issue).

Once again, I did not make a compairison, you chose to interpret my posts in that manner.

What I don't understand is why (even though my opinion is in the minority here) my thoughts are being argued, and in such a rude manner?

I never equated talking to you guys as "talking to a brick wall" just because we don't agree. I never said "Anyone with half a brain" when you decided to interpret my post rather than reading it as written.

I never tried to change the way you think or what you believe, you are entitled to your opinions, why am I not entitled to mine?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

That's it, I can't take it anymore....

I stole a cookie from the cookie jar and then broke the jar itself.

May I be cast off into hell for my misdeed.

:upside:

I'm sure the cookie monster is very angry at you right now :)

I saw, I came, I left.

My posts arn't Shakespear, there is no need to interpret them (I feel like a broke record having to constantly say this) there are no hidden messages in my postings. My posting are pretty black and white.

When I wrote:

"There are some moral absolutes in this world. Murder = Bad, Rape = Bad, Adultry = Bad, Drugs = Bad etc..."

It was in response to eppers' comment that McNair made a mistake by having an affair. My response that it was not a mistake but a dilberate act. Which was made by the moral absolutes comment. That comment is not, is not (I don't know how many time I need to say this) compairing child molestation to adultry. I said Murder = Bad, Rape = Bad, Adultry = Bad, not Murder=Adultry=Rape.

"However there is a lot of apathy towards traditional values these days. I am sickened by the support that Michael Jackson has recieved. I will go to my grave believeing that he is a child molester that got off. I don't care how good Thriller was or how many records he sold. Child molesting is evil and unforgivable and I sincerely hope he rots for it."

Lets break it down...

The first sentence of that statement is pretty self explainatory. The following comments were just an example to back it up. (God forbid I used a current issue).

What I don't understand is why (even though my opinion is in the minority here) my thoughts are being argued, and in such a rude manner?

I never equated talking to you guys as "talking to a brick wall" just because we don't agree. I never said "Anyone with half a brain" when you decided to interpret my post rather than reading it as written.

I never tried to change the way you think or what you believe, you are entitled to your opinions, why am I not entitled to mine?

-Dan

You keep telling us to read what you've said and you don't look at all what we're saying. We're not breaking down your post/comments at all, and I certainly have no at any point here been rude to you in anyway.

The whole issue is there was no reason to bring up Michael Jackson in a thread about Steve McNair! No matter what you say there is no reason to bring him up, unless however you were drawing a comparison of the two.

Nobody called you Shakespeare or is looking for hidden messages. They simply took what was infront of them and like myself, felt you were being a tad harsh. I understand you don't feel sorry for him. But your wording is giving off the vibe that you feel he got what he deserved. Giving off such a vibe makes it seem as though your condoning her acts.

Lastly a use a current issue? That makes zero sense mate. You just owned up to comparing them by saying such and thing, and most of all this is a current issue. You are linking the two on purpose or not and therefore it seems to anyone with half a brain that you are comparing the two. Why is that so hard for you to see?

untitled-6.jpg

When I wrote:

It was in response to eppers' comment that McNair made a mistake by having an affair. My response that it was not a mistake but a dilberate act. Which was made by the moral absolutes comment. That comment is not, is not (I don't know how many time I need to say this) compairing child molestation to adultry. I said Murder = Bad, Rape = Bad, Adultry = Bad, not Murder=Adultry=Rape.

Lets break it down...

The first sentence of that statement is pretty self explainatory. The following comments were just an example to back it up. (God forbid I used a current issue).

-Dan

You keep telling us to read what you've said and you don't look at all what we're saying. We're not breaking down your post/comments at all, and I certainly have no at any point here been rude to you in anyway.

The whole issue is there was no reason to bring up Michael Jackson in a thread about Steve McNair! No matter what you say there is no reason to bring him up, unless however you were drawing a comparison of the two.

Nobody called you Shakespeare or is looking for hidden messages. They simply took what was infront of them and like myself, felt you were being a tad harsh. I understand you don't feel sorry for him. But your wording is giving off the vibe that you feel he got what he deserved. Giving off such a vibe makes it seem as though your condoning her acts.

Lastly a use a current issue? That makes zero sense mate. You just owned up to comparing them by saying such and thing, and most of all this is a current issue. You are linking the two on purpose or not and therefore it seems to anyone with half a brain that you are comparing the two. Why is that so hard for you to see?

You wrote that:

But your wording is giving off the vibe that you feel he got what he deserved. Giving off such a vibe makes it seem as though your condoning her acts.

I clearly stated:

"And for the record... I don't think that death is an appropriate punishment for adultry." <--- Direct quote.

So yeah, you are interpreting what I am writing.

You want to know why its so hard for me to see?

I have clearly, many times said that I am NOT COMPAIRING adultry and child molestation. Why do you have a hard time understanding that.

I stand by my points. I HAVE NOT compaired adultry and molestation. If I was compairing the two I would clearly state "Adultry is equally as bad as molestation", but I did not say that. I discussed apathy towards traditional values. I have backed up my statements and explained them. However, you choose to not accept that. If you want to interpret my post fine, go ahead but you are incorrect. I have stated many time that I am not compairing molestation and adultry. There are no indirect, subliminal or hidden intentions. If you continue to choose to believe that I am doing that, after I have repeated many times that I am not that is up to you.

But one thing that I have to take issue with is when you keep telling me that I don't know know how I would feel. In the nearly 30 years that I've gotten to know myself I become a pretty good judge at anticipating how I would react or what I would do in certian situations.

How come according to you I don't know how I would react. However, we don't know eachother at all but seem pretty sure that I don't know how I would act. I would assume that I would be a better judge of my emotions and how I would act in a certian situation than a fellow poster on a message board would.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

When I wrote:

Lets break it down...

-Dan

You wrote that:

But your wording is giving off the vibe that you feel he got what he deserved. Giving off such a vibe makes it seem as though your condoning her acts.

I clearly stated:

"And for the record... I don't think that death is an appropriate punishment for adultry." <--- Direct quote.

I have clearly, many times said that I am NOT COMPAIRING adultry and child molestation. Why do you have a hard time understanding that.

I stand by my points. I HAVE NOT compaired adultry and molestation. If I was compairing the two I would clearly state "Adultry is equally as bad as molestation", but I did not say that. I discussed apathy towards traditional values. I have backed up my statements and explained them. However, you choose to not accept that. If you want to interpret my post fine, go ahead but you are incorrect. I have stated many time that I am not compairing molestation and adultry. There are no indirect, subliminal or hidden intentions. If you continue to choose to believe that I am doing that, after I have repeated many times that I am not that is up to you.

But one thing that I have to take issue with is when you keep telling me that I don't know know how I would feel. In the nearly 30 years that I've gotten to know myself I become a pretty good judge at anticipating how I would react or what I would do in certian situations.

How come according to you I don't know how I would react. However, we don't know eachother at all but seem pretty sure that I don't know how I would act. I would assume that I would be a better judge of my emotions and how I would act in a certian situation than a fellow poster on a message board would.

-Dan

That's the whole thing though, I never said how you would act, that you wouldn't act that way. All I said was you can't say how you would act. I never once claimed to have a better idea of how you would act. I never presented you with a statement saying you will act like this in such a situation. All I said is not you,not me nobody can see the future, and therefore you don't know how you would react to something, You have an idea in your head of what it would feel like. But until your put there in such a situation you, me and nobody else can say how they would react to something.

Lastly, for the final time, I never once said you compared the two of them! You brought up Michael Jackson in a discussion about Steve McNair. He has nothnig to do with this, you talked of him molesting children, and how he should rot in hell. There was no purpose to say any of that as it had zero relevence to anything. Therefore we read your post, and like it or not you associated the two together. How you can't understand why people think you compared them is beyond me.

You brought up something that had nothing to do with our topic, so people thought there was a comparing.Open your eyes I'm not even argueing that you compared the two I'm telling you it seems that way based of you bringing him into this. Only argument we have your loosing and that's you saying you know exactly how you'd react to soemething before it's happened. Unless you can see the future I'm sorry to say you can't and no amount of argueing with me is going to make you right on this one.

untitled-6.jpg

When I wrote:

Lets break it down...

-Dan

You wrote that:

I clearly stated:

-Dan

That's the whole thing though, I never said how you would act, that you wouldn't act that way. All I said was you can't say how you would act. I never once claimed to have a better idea of how you would act. I never presented you with a statement saying you will act like this in such a situation. All I said is not you,not me nobody can see the future, and therefore you don't know how you would react to something, You have an idea in your head of what it would feel like. But until your put there in such a situation you, me and nobody else can say how they would react to something.

Lastly, for the final time, I never once said you compared the two of them! You brought up Michael Jackson in a discussion about Steve McNair. He has nothnig to do with this, you talked of him molesting children, and how he should rot in hell. There was no purpose to say any of that as it had zero relevence to anything. Therefore we read your post, and like it or not you associated the two together. How you can't understand why people think you compared them is beyond me.

You brought up something that had nothing to do with our topic, so people thought there was a comparing.Open your eyes I'm not even argueing that you compared the two I'm telling you it seems that way based of you bringing him into this. Only argument we have your loosing and that's you saying you know exactly how you'd react to soemething before it's happened. Unless you can see the future I'm sorry to say you can't and no amount of argueing with me is going to make you right on this one.

Believe me, I am not "arguing" with you. You are telling me I don't know how I would react. I am telling you that you are incorrect, in that circumstance, I know exactly how I would act.

How you can't understand why people think you compared them is beyond me.

Because many, many times I have cleary stated that I am not making a comparison at all, yet you keep pushing the issue.

It should have been as simple as this...

Fellow CCSLC Poster: Dan, are you comparing molestation and adultry and saying they are equally bad?

Me: Nope.

Fellow CCSLC Poster: Oh, I thought thats what you were getting at, thanks for clearing that up.

Instead we have a 2 page pissing match where you keep saying that what I am posting is saying either molestation and adultry are on the same plane or that I am saying that "McNair got what he deserved" Then I follow up with nope, I didn't say that and we continue this prossess for the better part of an hour or so.

Since this thread may have jumped the shark and its been nothing but a disagreement between the two of us maybe its time for a mod to jump in and send this thread where it belongs.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Believe me, I am not "arguing" with you. You are telling me I don't know how I would react. I am telling you that you are incorrect, in that circumstance, I know exactly how I would act.

How you can't understand why people think you compared them is beyond me.

Because many, many times I have cleary stated that I am not making a comparison at all, yet you keep pushing the issue.

It should have been as simple as this...

Fellow CCSLC Poster: Dan, are you comparing molestation and adultry and saying they are equally bad?

Me: Nope.

Fellow CCSLC Poster: Oh, I thought thats what you were getting at, thanks for clearing that up.

Instead we have a 2 page pissing match where you keep saying that what I am posting is saying either molestation and adultry are on the same plane or that I am saying that "McNair got what he deserved" Then I follow up with nope, I didn't say that and we continue this prossess for the better part of an hour or so.

Since this thread may have jumped the shark and its been nothing but a disagreement between the two of us maybe its time for a mod to jump in and send this thread where it belongs.

-Dan

I'm not pushing the issue, you just never gave a valid reason to bring him into the arguement after stating it wasn't to compare the two. You can think what you'd like I'm not going to argue with you, things are different when they happen to you though and despite what you say (and please don't argue this back at me) you cannot say how you would react to somethnig you've never faced it's impossible unless you can see the future. You think that's what you'd do, but in no way can you say 100% you would react like so. Saying you can is foolish.

Anyways let's agree to disagree I'm not enjoying the arguement anymore. Cheers mate.

untitled-6.jpg

I have constantly said that I know how I would react, yet you never asked why I am so sure. I have dealt with infadelity in my life, after that experience I have ZERO tolerance for infadelity and disloyalty I had to cut that person out of my life perminatly. Thats how I know how I would react.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

dude, yeah, Steve McNair cheated on his wife, but the guy also has supported numerous charities, helped rebuild alot of the Gulf Coast after Katrina, etc etc etc. he was a good guy who :censored:ed up. period. he did not deserve to pay for his sin with his life.

im speaking as someone who would divorce his wife if she cheated on me, and she would divorce me if i cheated on her. i place fidelity very high on my list, but the man did too much good in the world for infidelity to be the end of his life.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I have constantly said that I know how I would react, yet you never asked why I am so sure. I have dealt with infadelity in my life, after that experience I have ZERO tolerance for infadelity and disloyalty I had to cut that person out of my life perminatly. Thats how I know how I would react.

then you've already reacted to it, you used the word if, multiple times. Therefore there would've been no disagreement if you just stated that from the get go as opposed to going on and argueing with me as though you hadn't expirenced it. I'm sorry you dealt with that, but by not saying that from the get go it's kidna your bad on the argument over it eh.

untitled-6.jpg

I, with malice aforethought, squish snails with ecstasy.

/Is it true that if you put a hat on a snowball, it will last a long time in hell?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

then you've already reacted to it, you used the word if, multiple times. Therefore there would've been no disagreement if you just stated that from the get go as opposed to going on and argueing with me as though you hadn't expirenced it. I'm sorry you dealt with that, but by not saying that from the get go it's kidna your bad on the argument over it eh.

You're right, I said if my dad cheated on my mom I would be done with him. I didn't think I needed to disclose that I had a past gf cheat on me.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

You're right, I said if my dad cheated on my mom I would be done with him. I didn't think I needed to disclose that I had a past gf cheat on me.

-Dan

You didn't but saying you had expirence with a similar situation, would've made there zero arguement there on my part and saved us a lot of time. I'm not trying to start more stuff up this is the last thnig I'm saying. Your father is and should be a lot more to you then your girlfriend, so i'm still indifferent. That being said end of discussion, we won't agree so we're wasting out time bickering back and forth.

untitled-6.jpg

/Is it true that if you put a hat on a snowball, it will last a long time in hell?

I also fail to tip waiters/waitresses more than 10% whenever dining at a restaurant.

I also fail to tip waiters/waitresses more than 10% whenever dining at a restaurant.

Wow. You deserve to rot in hell. For real.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10%??

Damn, I usually tip 20% at minimum.

I don't usually comment on "cool" moments at memorial services, but when Derrick Mason did McNair's customary two fist bumps to the chest, then point to the sky celebration thing, that was a particularly cool gesture.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived