Steve McNair has died.

epper

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also fail to tip waiters/waitresses more than 10% whenever dining at a restaurant.

I really hope you're kidding.

In many states, restaurants report the sales of their waitstaff and servers are taxed on 15% of that total. So anyone who tips 10% is literally costing them money.

How do you guys normally tip at a place like Mongolian BBQ or a Chinese buffet where you get your own food and the waitress just get your drinks?

-Dan

Personally I do 10-15% at buffets and 15-20% at restaurants

Wha...how did we?...Is someone suggesting that McNair was killed because he didn't tip the crazy bitch enough?

"That son of a bitch, he didn't tip me enough. I'll date him for a while, get him to fall in love with me, then I'll buy a gun and do him in!"

I also fail to tip waiters/waitresses more than 10% whenever dining at a restaurant.

In many states, restaurants report the sales of their waitstaff and servers are taxed on 15% of that total. So anyone who tips 10% is literally costing them money.

Thats one way of looking at it. However, a 15% tip is not a given. They have to earn it. If you are given lousey service the tip should reflect as such. Sometimes the waitstaff is costing themselves.

My sister has an interesting take on the subject. She owned a resturant and she did not allow tipping. Her view was "It's my responisbility to pay my employees, it is not my customers duty". Tips were not allowed, but they were paid accordingly.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Oh I'm kidding of course, just had to step away from the argument within this topic.

But in all seriousness, I tip between 18 to 25%, depending on the service.

So to sum up, Steve should have limited the gratuity to 20% and nothing more.

So Kazemi was upset McNair didn't tip enough? :blink:

Pay too much and apparently the waitress becomes dependent on a lifestyle the customer has no intention of sustaining.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I have constantly said that I know how I would react, yet you never asked why I am so sure. I have dealt with infadelity in my life, after that experience I have ZERO tolerance for infadelity and disloyalty I had to cut that person out of my life perminatly. Thats how I know how I would react.

then you've already reacted to it, you used the word if, multiple times. Therefore there would've been no disagreement if you just stated that from the get go as opposed to going on and argueing with me as though you hadn't expirenced it. I'm sorry you dealt with that, but by not saying that from the get go it's kidna your bad on the argument over it eh.

You're right, I said if my dad cheated on my mom I would be done with him. I didn't think I needed to disclose that I had a past gf cheat on me.

-Dan

I guarantee that you wouldn't cut your dad out of your life permanently. It's your dad, for cryin' out loud. If you did that, it would be considered a YOU problem.

The whole point that Dan was trying to make in these last few pages is that if Steve McNair had not cheated on his wife, he would probably be alive right now.

I think that is a pretty fair assessment.

Of course this is the most extreme case of what can happen to someone that commits adultery. Nobody deserves to die for something like that, but there were other risks that he knew when he decided to have this relationship. He knew that he could lose his family and tarnish his reputation if he was found out. That is in fact what ended up happening.

A few pages back someone said that the kids would not go through any kind of pain if it was just a regular case of his wife finding out he cheated. Not to get too personal about my own life, but my mom cheated on my dad 20 years ago when I was just a kid, and I have a strained relationship with her to this day. So it is a huge deal for kids and that sort of thing does destroy families.

I just wanted to make it clear first that I have first hand knowledge of what that sort of thing can do to a family.

He did not deserve to die, but if he had left that crazy bitch alone and stayed home with his wife, he would be alive right now. These are facts.

The whole point that Dan was trying to make in these last few pages is that if Steve McNair had not cheated on his wife, he would probably be alive right now.

I think that is a pretty fair assessment.

Of course this is the most extreme case of what can happen to someone that commits adultery. Nobody deserves to die for something like that, but there were other risks that he knew when he decided to have this relationship. He knew that he could lose his family and tarnish his reputation if he was found out. That is in fact what ended up happening.

A few pages back someone said that the kids would not go through any kind of pain if it was just a regular case of his wife finding out he cheated. Not to get too personal about my own life, but my mom cheated on my dad 20 years ago when I was just a kid, and I have a strained relationship with her to this day. So it is a huge deal for kids and that sort of thing does destroy families.

I just wanted to make it clear first that I have first hand knowledge of what that sort of thing can do to a family.

He did not deserve to die, but if he had left that crazy bitch alone and stayed home with his wife, he would be alive right now. These are facts.

Finally! Somebody gets it! :D

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I have constantly said that I know how I would react, yet you never asked why I am so sure. I have dealt with infadelity in my life, after that experience I have ZERO tolerance for infadelity and disloyalty I had to cut that person out of my life perminatly. Thats how I know how I would react.

then you've already reacted to it, you used the word if, multiple times. Therefore there would've been no disagreement if you just stated that from the get go as opposed to going on and argueing with me as though you hadn't expirenced it. I'm sorry you dealt with that, but by not saying that from the get go it's kidna your bad on the argument over it eh.

You're right, I said if my dad cheated on my mom I would be done with him. I didn't think I needed to disclose that I had a past gf cheat on me.

-Dan

I guarantee that you wouldn't cut your dad out of your life permanently. It's your dad, for cryin' out loud. If you did that, it would be considered a YOU problem.

I am not going to let this turn into a 2 page pissing match but dude, you don't know me. I am lucky enough to consider my dad one of my best friends. If he cheated on my mom, to me it would be like he cheated on me also. I would be done with him if that were to happen.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I just have to point out that I agree with Charger.

Yeah, that's right. I know it's a rare occasion, but I'm agreeing with him. In fact, everything he said was logical and appropriate.

Furthermore, I believe the BS arguing over his feeling was nit-picky and inappropriate.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

-Dan

I am not going to let this turn into a 2 page pissing match but dude, you don't know me. I am lucky enough to consider my dad one of my best friends. If he cheated on my mom, to me it would be like he cheated on me also. I would be done with him if that were to happen.

-Dan

Nah, don't get me wrong. I'm not tryin' to start a pissin' match, but to use the word PERMANENTLY when talkin' about your pops is pretty big. I understand the poster a few posts ago that spoke of a strained relationship with his mom. That, I could see happening, but to shut one of your parents out of your life permanently seems a bit extreme.

I'm going to be picky, but I'm not sold on McNair would probably be alive today. The most probably thing would be that had he not cheated on his wife, he wouldn't be shot by a "girlfriend". But, he could have been shot by a random hold-up, a freak car accident. McNair could have die many different ways.

It's unfortunate that McNair didn't get the chance to face his family about this. His family deserves an explanation. Whether they would have forgiven him or not would be their business. Kobe Bryant's wife seem to have "forgiven" him about what he "did", but I'm sure most spouses would not be so forgiving. I really don't know what I would do if one of my parents cheated. I guess it would depend on whether the other parent would forgive him/her.

There are far worse people than McNair, but knowing about the affair I am now thinking a little bit less of him.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived