More logo theft?

vicfurth

It's clearly "inspired," although I think legally the logo is allowed to be used under fair use.

please explain.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's clearly "inspired," although I think legally the logo is allowed to be used under fair use.

That is in no way, fair use. That is trademark infringement. As a graphic designer, I would know that.

they are flogging college logos for $5 a pop too.

fair use laws have nothing to do with a situation like this. using the titans logo when referencing the

logo for some reason would be an example of fair use.

come on, whos going to be first to say something retarded about changing alogo by x%

makes everything okay?

I'm pretty sure "fair use" does not cover "sale for profit."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm pretty sure "fair use" does not cover "sale for profit."

Agreed. It's an obvious ripoff. How can someone think they can charge money for this AND get away with ripping it off at the same time. It's fine if it's just some kid's concept project.

It's not the Titans, it's the NFL and their licensee Reebok.

A quick letter from those lawyers oughta take care of this.

Reebok has nothing to do with the trademarks and logos of the NFL teams. The NFL gives Reebok permission to use its marks for retail purposes for a cut of the sales.

Its purely an NFL trademark issue. Reebok has no more to say about this than the hundreds of other companies that make product featuring the NFL logos...

Now if someone was producing a jersey or headwear featuring NFL marks, then as the exclusive provider Reebok would step in.

But they make sure to say "*All logos are copyright by their respective owner." :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

No, it's the Titans' circle with flames on it.

The difference is stealing. The end. :D

Yeah, I'm fully aware of that it's a horribly bad theft.

Archived