Have the Tigers mismatched their uniforms and caps this year?

hecticbro

I was reading an article about the Tigers today and noticed that there was a picture of Justin Verlander pitching in the road greys with what appears to be the home cap (white 'D', rather than orange). Did they actually wear this? It looks odd!

Here's the link for the picture: http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/b...mp;Profile=1004

I was reading an article about the Tigers today and noticed that there was a picture of Justin Verlander pitching in the road greys with what appears to be the home cap (white 'D', rather than orange). Did they actually wear this? It looks odd!

Here's the link for the picture: http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/b...mp;Profile=1004

Spring Training. They always wear the home caps for the entirety of Spring Training. The road cap doesn't make its first appearance until the games count.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

i thought teams only wore bp jerseys in spring training?

Not true. I know the Mets wear their snow-whites at home and BP on the road, and I think the Cards wear their unis at home and on the road (definitely at home though), as do others as well...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Dodgers, Cardinals, Cubs, Yankees, the aforementioned Tigers, and the Phillies are a few teams off the top of my head that wear their regular uniforms for spring training games.

I thought they had two caps for spring training - one with a white panel on the side and another with orange. But I didn't watch that, obviously, so I'm not sure.

Nope, those are the BP caps you are thinking of. As TFoA mentioned with the jerseys, some teams wear the game hats and others wear the BP hats. For example, the Tigers wear the real caps (home only) in Spring Training, but the Astros go BP only for the spring.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Dodgers, Cardinals, Cubs, Yankees, the aforementioned Tigers, and the Phillies are a few teams off the top of my head that wear their regular uniforms for spring training games.

Every time I've seen the Tigers in ST they've been wearing their regular uniforms, both in Lakeland and elsewhere.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

a couple bulletpoints:

-the Cards wear their home caps for all spring games

-the Cubs wear the pinstripes for all home spring games, and the BPs for road spring games

-in recent years, the White Sox have begun wearing their alt blacks for all spring games, like the D-backs used to do with their purple jerseys

-the Brewers, though they usually wear their BPs for spring games, have been rolling out the Cerveceros jerseys for a spring game the last few years

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

There's roughly as much white on the jersey as there is orange. I wouldn't sweat it. I just think the white contrasts better with the navy than the orange does, and keeps things simple: the D is either blue on white or white on blue.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's roughly as much white on the jersey as there is orange. I wouldn't sweat it. I just think the white contrasts better with the navy than the orange does, and keeps things simple: the D is either blue on white or white on blue.

Correct.

In and of itself, the road cap with the orange D is beautiful, however, within the context of the whole uniform package, only the white D is really necessary, and is the only cap that should be worn.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hmmm... I think it would bug me to see a team wearing a cap that ignores the major trim color.

Archived