2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

I don't know what happened the last time the Browns beat the Steelers. I think I was a sophomore in high school.

I honestly don't remember the last time the Browns beat the Steelers. I'm pretty sure it's only happened once since they came back into the league. Maybe twice but no more. Being a Browns fan ain't what it used to be.

The Browns have beat the Steelers 3 times since they have returned to the NFL. Chris Palmer went 2-2 VS Steelers. Chris Palmer, LMAO!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its Chad Henne's chance, he sucks the Dolphisn should be in line to land Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford.

This may be a good thing for the Dolphins. Chad Pennington ran the offense well, but really had no upside. I feel he was "limiting" the Dolphins a bit. Henne has upside and I think has the chance to become a great QB in the league. He's just got to settle down, he looked way too nervous when he took over on Sunday.

I don't know what happened the last time the Browns beat the Steelers. I think I was a sophomore in high school.

I honestly don't remember the last time the Browns beat the Steelers. I'm pretty sure it's only happened once since they came back into the league. Maybe twice but no more. Being a Browns fan ain't what it used to be.

The Browns have beat the Steelers 3 times since they have returned to the NFL. Chris Palmer went 2-2 VS Steelers. Chris Palmer, LMAO!!!

You haven't beaten them since 2003. I think that breaks down to an 11 game losing streak. Overall, your record in this rivalry is 3-18.

/Context

//ROFLMAO!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You haven't beaten them since 2003. I think that breaks down to an 11 game losing streak. Overall, your record in this rivalry is 3-18.

/Context

//ROFLMAO!!!

huh, I was a sophomore in high school. What'd ya know?

PvO6ZWJ.png

/Context

//ROFLMAO!!!

Hold on there, Cleveland bashers.... According to the NFL's Department of Brainwashing, the Steelers hold a slim lead over the Browns all-time, 59 wins to 55. :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

I have a feeling Raheem Morris will follow the same road Cam Cameron did in Miami, except I still think Cameron is gonna end up with the same amount or, gulp, more wins than Raheem will. No way this hack is gonna last, he hasn't done a SINGLE thing right since he took over.

And for those who say "At least we're not as bad as the Browns." That may be true, but we're pretty damn close and have a much harder schedule.

It always seemed a bit odd when Josh McDaniels was getting a hammering from everyone for TRADING away a QB with some personality issues for a decent enough QB and draft picks, that Morris didn't get the same level of criticism for his cull of the Bucs defense, and then drafting a QB in the first round (who started the year as 3rd string). Morris seems to have done little to get the chance and less to impress in the job. I would imagine he would get a decent run at the job (at least 1 more year) but I do wonder how safe his job will be on the back of a 2-14 year or a 1-15 year.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well its Chad Henne's chance, he sucks the Dolphisn should be in line to land Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford.

This may be a good thing for the Dolphins. Chad Pennington ran the offense well, but really had no upside. I feel he was "limiting" the Dolphins a bit. Henne has upside and I think has the chance to become a great QB in the league. He's just got to settle down, he looked way too nervous when he took over on Sunday.

A full week of practice, and in the game plan; I think Henne will be much better Sunday.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I have a feeling Raheem Morris will follow the same road Cam Cameron did in Miami, except I still think Cameron is gonna end up with the same amount or, gulp, more wins than Raheem will. No way this hack is gonna last, he hasn't done a SINGLE thing right since he took over.

And for those who say "At least we're not as bad as the Browns." That may be true, but we're pretty damn close and have a much harder schedule.

It always seemed a bit odd when Josh McDaniels was getting a hammering from everyone for TRADING away a QB with some personality issues for a decent enough QB and draft picks, that Morris didn't get the same level of criticism for his cull of the Bucs defense, and then drafting a QB in the first round (who started the year as 3rd string). Morris seems to have done little to get the chance and less to impress in the job. I would imagine he would get a decent run at the job (at least 1 more year) but I do wonder how safe his job will be on the back of a 2-14 year or a 1-15 year.

You may want to dig a little deeper back through the '09 offseason thread. It wasn't as prevalent, but best believe I and others in Buc nation up in here spent many a keystroke vilifying that knucklehead. And it started by basically blowing up the core of the team's veteran leadership. Only got worse by acquiring random parts (K2, Derrick Ward), that I have yet to see fit together in any kind of whole. By bringing in a D-coordinator who's trying to entirely change the defense. By firing the OC in the preseason; meanwhile, the O has no identity to speak of. Hell, the team ain't got no identity to speak of.

My whole problem with Raheem was that a/ he promoted twice in the same offseason, and b/ as soon as he got that top spot, he started power-trippin' like hell, casting off any and everyone who might have second-guessed the man and spoke on it, including the team leader(s), save for R. Barber. Now the dude looks completely clueless.

I still have some hope this guy might eventually figure something out, but I don't see that happening this year. In fact, if they don't win this game against the Deadskins this Sunday, I don't see them winning a game all season.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You may want to dig a little deeper back through the '09 offseason thread. It wasn't as prevalent, but best believe I and others in Buc nation up in here spent many a keystroke vilifying that knucklehead. And it started by basically blowing up the core of the team's veteran leadership. Only got worse by acquiring random parts (K2, Derrick Ward), that I have yet to see fit together in any kind of whole. By bringing in a D-coordinator who's trying to entirely change the defense. By firing the OC in the preseason; meanwhile, the O has no identity to speak of. Hell, the team ain't got no identity to speak of.

My whole problem with Raheem was that a/ he promoted twice in the same offseason, and b/ as soon as he got that top spot, he started power-trippin' like hell, casting off any and everyone who might have second-guessed the man and spoke on it, including the team leader(s), save for R. Barber. Now the dude looks completely clueless.

I still have some hope this guy might eventually figure something out, but I don't see that happening this year. In fact, if they don't win this game against the Deadskins this Sunday, I don't see them winning a game all season.

You also have to take into consideration that they blew out Bruce Allen along with Gruden, so the front office as well as coaching staff is in turmoil.

A full week of practice, and in the game plan; I think Henne will be much better Sunday.

Careful Tank, that almost looks like optimism.

BB52Big.jpg

I was talking more about the media than the fans. The big problem I would have is that a team that won the Superbowl not so very long ago is really beyond even a couple of good drafts away from being good again. It really looks like the bad old days could be back in Tampa Bay if the management aren't careful.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm sure that will help. I do like Henne alot (I actually wanted him over Flacco during the draft, but I'm happy how things have turned out), but he's not going to have learn to succeed if he can't settle down. Most of Joe Flacco's rookie success came from how calm he said in every situation. If Henne can just learn to stay calm, I think he has a chance to turn the Dolphins season around and make people forget about Pennington.

I was talking more about the media than the fans. The big problem I would have is that a team that won the Superbowl not so very long ago is really beyond even a couple of good drafts away from being good again. It really looks like the bad old days could be back in Tampa Bay if the management aren't careful.

I got you now.

The answer to your original question, as to why McDaniels got so much pub and not Morris, via the media, might have a little do with having replaced Mike Shanahan, but even more so, it might be simply this: he came from the New England Patriots. And you know how the media (particularly the worldwide leader) loves, reveres, and exalts them.

As far as Raheem...no one saw the Buccaneers doing anything this year anyway--blown up team or not--so it wouldn't have generated anywhere near the buzz as the former Patriot boy.

That's my guess, anyway.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Stay tuned for the premiere episode of The Replacements: St. Louis Rams Edition. Coming soon to an NFL field near you.

What's Bo Scaife's status for this week?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Broncos started 3-0, but now, their schedule really starts this week, even with only one Cowboy RB healthy. Can they even finish 8-8? Wow!

VS. DALLAS

VS. NEW ENGLAND

at San Diego

BYE WEEK

at Baltimore

VS. PITTSBURGH

at Washington

VS. SAN DIEGO

VS. NEW YORK GIANTS

at Kansas City

at Indianapolis

VS. OAKLAND

at Philadelphia

VS. KANSAS CITY

The Broncos started 3-0, but now, their schedule really starts this week, even with only one Cowboy RB healthy. Can they even finish 8-8? Wow!

VS. DALLAS

VS. NEW ENGLAND

at San Diego

BYE WEEK

at Baltimore

VS. PITTSBURGH

at Washington

VS. SAN DIEGO

VS. NEW YORK GIANTS

at Kansas City

at Indianapolis

VS. OAKLAND

at Philadelphia

VS. KANSAS CITY

Well there are 5 wins for ya. Eagles might be a stretch maybe, but the Steelers could be another possibility. But they do have a tough schedule upcoming. Guess thats not a surprise given the schedule they have had so far.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

VS. DALLAS

VS. NEW ENGLAND

at San Diego

BYE WEEK

at Baltimore

VS. PITTSBURGH

at Washington

VS. SAN DIEGO

VS. NEW YORK GIANTS

at Kansas City

at Indianapolis

VS. OAKLAND

at Philadelphia

VS. KANSAS CITY

Well there are 5 wins for ya. Eagles might be a stretch maybe, but the Steelers could be another possibility. But they do have a tough schedule upcoming. Guess thats not a surprise given the schedule they have had so far.

"Not so fast, my friend!" As far as Denver is concerned, Dallas and Pittsburgh appear to be beatable up to this point. The Cowboys hold two wins on a pair of pathetic teams (CAR & TB) and the Steelers are possibly a coin flip away from being winless. I'll also add that both games vs. the Broncos are being played at Invesco.

That said, I still expect Denver to finish below .500, and for San Diego will take total control of the AFC West at some point.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived