2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40452598.gif

My new avatar once I get done repping my terrible fantasy basketball team.

Personally I would have chosen Michael Turner owning half the Saints defense on that ridiculous run of his but that pick is a fine choice too.

My hat is off to Grimes. That was a magnificent play, especially for a guy who's "generously" listed as 5'10".

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

From an article on nola.com:

===

The Saints have scored six defensive touchdowns in seven games this season. That's more than they've scored in the previous six seasons combined. It's more than the Cleveland Browns offense has scored this season.

===

:blink:

That aside, I fear they're going down this week. Carolina's had the Saints' number the last few years and the Saints may still have a MNF hangover come Sunday. We'll see.

Nah, I don't think so. Their defense is no better then Atlanta's, so Brees should have a dream day again. IF the Saints tackle like they did Monday night though then we could see a huge upset

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The funny thing is that that 87-year old DB is only a year older than Darren Sharper.

Let that speak to what it will. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wow, this surprised me to read from the bob sanders article:

"He has missed 40 of 87 games during his injury-plagued,six-year NFL career."

jeez. i had always wondered where he got all his reputation from. i can remember him having a couple good games, and then all of the sudden he was the best safety in the nfl, and then i would never see him play since he was injured all the time. seems like a waste of time and money when a guy misses HALF of his games

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

jeez. i had always wondered where he got all his reputation from. i can remember him having a couple good games, and then all of the sudden he was the best safety in the nfl, and then i would never see him play since he was injured all the time. seems like a waste of time and money when a guy misses HALF of his games

Mainly because the year that the Colts won the Super Bowl, it was mainly because their defense made a quantum leap when he returned for the playoffs that year. That's all I got.

IIRC, Sanders said going in to his NFL career that he anticipated being hurt a lot. He has a very "balls to the wall" playing style that leaves him injury-prone due to normal wear and tear.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Matt Ryan has decided that the months of October and November are going to be his "rookie" year. In the past 3 games and this one, he's made all of the mistakes that he DIDN'T make last season. Either he FINALLY hit his rookie wall, or this is a sophomore slump. Who knows.

That said, Tye Hill has been pretty good. Just scored a touchdown. Thank you so much, St. Louis.

Matt Ryan has decided that the months of October and November are going to be his "rookie" year. In the past 3 games and this one, he's made all of the mistakes that he DIDN'T make last season. Either he FINALLY hit his rookie wall, or this is a sophomore slump. Who knows.

That said, Tye Hill has been pretty good. Just scored a touchdown. Thank you so much, St. Louis.

Yeah...I'm sure rams80 is somewhere in a drunken stupor right about now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wow. The Bengals are tearing up the Ravens. The Ravens, they confuse me.

.. and the Cardinals are tearing up the Bears. Four trips down the field, four touchdowns. After last week's performance, the Cardinals confuse me as well ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Wow. The Bengals are tearing up the Ravens. The Ravens, they confuse me.

.. and the Cardinals are tearing up the Bears. Four trips down the field, four touchdowns. After last week's performance, the Cardinals confuse me as well ^_^

The Cardinals surprise even their fans, like me.

DeAngelo Hall is a BUM. That is all.

+1. Did he try to fight Mike Smith? I think he did.

He was going after anybody he could on that sideline. Which is funny because he's not doing that inside of the lines.

Archived