Hoopskid NBA concepts

Hoopskid

No, the original would stay, but that's just some possibilities for an alternate.

The classic one would be worn maybe twice a year.

Sounds good. I love the idea of the classic one be worn once or twice. As for an alternate, I like the light blue, but the purple is great too. I would use the light blue because it is more of a contrast from the navy blue than the purple and navy blue. If that makes sense. Great job on everything though!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to start a whole other topic so I decided it'd be better to keep all my NBA concepts in one.

I present the Milwaukee Bucks, yes the design seems a little bit 90's but I think it's modern and with a few touch ups will be ok.

Goals I had for this concept:

- Bringing back a little red and returning other colors like green and light green.

- Modern wordmarks with classic arch and the classic wordmark on the alternate.

- Classic unique Bucks design with a modern twist.

I'm not completely sold on these jerseys, but let me know what you think. Have at em...

bucksjerseys.png

I agree witht the above comment about the templates. I really like the colors you chose but I think you should just swap templates because the alternate looks better. Both are pretty good anyway, keep up the good work.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Well, it's a decent start. Like others have said, the alt. looks better than the home and away. There is one thing I think needs to be addressed: you have way too many colors going on. The home uses 4 greens, red, white and silver (shorts logo). The away uses 3 green, red, silver and white. I think if you limit your palette to four colors per team, tops, then your work will be more consistent and will look more professional. In addition, the wordmarks on the home and away are huge. They would never be that large in real life.

Well, it's a decent start. Like others have said, the alt. looks better than the home and away. There is one thing I think needs to be addressed: you have way too many colors going on. The home uses 4 greens, red, white and silver (shorts logo). The away uses 3 green, red, silver and white. I think if you limit your palette to four colors per team, tops, then your work will be more consistent and will look more professional. In addition, the wordmarks on the home and away are huge. They would never be that large in real life.

Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions, the general consensus seems to be change the alternate template with the home and road and reduce the colors. I just realized how large the wordmarks are, thanks I'll fix that.

Excellent work but I'd like to see the Jazz totally separate themselves from that Western looking font and wordmarks. They were a great change back in '96 but I don't think it works well for a Jazz team of today. Have you tried a green jersey yet?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Excellent work but I'd like to see the Jazz totally separate themselves from that Western looking font and wordmarks. They were a great change back in '96 but I don't think it works well for a Jazz team of today. Have you tried a green jersey yet?

Here's a green version.

I updated the word marks a bit, better, worse?

jazzgreen-2.png

Here's an update on the bucks...

Switched the templates, reduced the color pallet and shrunk the word mark. I like it, looks clean, but it also seems like it's missing something. Thoughts?

buckshome.png

Here's a green version.

I updated the word marks a bit, better, worse?

jazzgreen-2.png

Here's an update on the bucks...

Switched the templates, reduced the color pallet and shrunk the word mark. I like it, looks clean, but it also seems like it's missing something. Thoughts?

buckshome.png

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the accents that are placed halfway up the letters originally to insinuate a "western" look?

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the accents that are placed halfway up the letters originally to insinuate a "western" look?

Maybe, It does give it a more western feel. Personally I like these wordmarks much better than what they wear now.

Maybe, It does give it a more western feel. Personally I like these wordmarks much better than what they wear now.

I don't think the current wordmarks right now are bad, it's just that their jerseys are too plain! thicon_puke_r.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Back at this.

Here's a rough draft I have for the Wizards. The Wizards use a simple template and I didn't want to stray to far from that, but I wanted to somewhat upgrade it. I wanted a good balance of colors, because the Wizards have a unique color scheme of blue, black and gold. The alternate jersey is white because it can't be black and gold jersey rarely look good. The away and alternate wordmark were created by me by altering the scripts.

Suggestions and thoughts?

wizards-1.png

I don't see why it can't be black, I know the Raptors have a black alt, and I think the Bulls do too, I don't see much point in a white alternate, so either drop it or try something black or gold. It can't hurt, it's just a concept, so you might as well go for it. The blue jersey looks pretty good but I don't like all the black on the home, and the piping seems a little much on the butt. I honestly like the wordmark style on the alternate way better, the smooth arc is much more professional, I think, than the weird wavy arc they have always had. Also the star on the back of the neck needs to go, the Mavs already do that, I mean, it's not necessarily a bad idea, it's just "in use".

I'm not really sure where you are going with the Jazz, the 4 or 5 colors really conflict, it's quite hideous and it actually makes my eyes hurt to even comprehend, and is there gray in the piping? And why do the numbers and wordmark not match? You should go back to your original design, this latest update is really bad, sorry.

I don't see why it can't be black, I know the Raptors have a black alt, and I think the Bulls do too, I don't see much point in a white alternate, so either drop it or try something black or gold. It can't hurt, it's just a concept, so you might as well go for it. The blue jersey looks pretty good but I don't like all the black on the home, and the piping seems a little much on the butt. I honestly like the wordmark style on the alternate way better, the smooth arc is much more professional, I think, than the weird wavy arc they have always had. Also the star on the back of the neck needs to go, the Mavs already do that, I mean, it's not necessarily a bad idea, it's just "in use".

I'm not really sure where you are going with the Jazz, the 4 or 5 colors really conflict, it's quite hideous and it actually makes my eyes hurt to even comprehend, and is there gray in the piping? And why do the numbers and wordmark not match? You should go back to your original design, this latest update is really bad, sorry.

I try to create concepts that would be realistic, the NBA doesn't allow black as far as I know, but you brought up a good point about the Raptors. I'll work on fixing the alternate. I agree about the star, I thought it would be a nice nod to the capital city, but you're right it is in use. Piping on the butt is unnecessary, I'll fix that. I like their wordmarks because they are unique, so I'll stick with them for now.

The Jazz doesn't have 4-5 color combos. It has a white home and navy away. The other color combos were just options that I whipped up and some were made by request. Sorry for the confusion, but the concept only really includes the white home and navy away. The numbers were determined to look the best based on a few options, do you have any suggestion for which numbers might work better?

I really appreciate everyones input and I'll let this stay up a little longer to get more opinions and start tweaking it again. Also feel free to comment on any previous jersey concepts within this topic.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the number/wordmark styles not matching, I was just talking about your latest green jersey with the wordmark going blue-white-yellow and the number going blue-green-yellow. That's all. But now that I'm looking at it, the original number font you used in the first post is far superior to anything else you have shown. I think the blockiness goes with the sharp edges of the wordmark much better than the rounded font they use now.

Archived