Nole Rebrands the NFL

rentz

Nice logos for the jets, i think the text should be on the helmet though. the dimension of the jet just doesnt look right on a helmet, and i really like the current sleeve stripes for the jets, so i prefer those but if i wasnt biased they are really nice unis.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets look great, i love the Jet logo and the updated script looks very nice. The modernized sleeve striping also looks awesome. My one and only gripe is the black. I'm not at all a fan of the addition of black, and I've never thought that the Jets and black should go together (or kelly green and black at all for that matter). Maybe try using a deep forest green, I think that would make all the difference in the world.

Overall great work, though.

TDZiMMB.png

I really like your thinking behind the Jets concept. You've done a masterful render of that jet. Truly beautiful. The uniforms are very nice as well--an updated version of their current look. The typeface for the numbers is solid, and it matches the type in the wordmark, so that really ties the whole package together. I think this is a very well-developed concept from top to bottom.

I do have two small issues. First, it may be a bit cliche, but I feel like the jet logo really needs some contrail-like streaks behind it, to give it the feeling of flight and some serious speed. This would help especially on the helmet, where right now, the jet seems to be just sitting there.

Secondly, I think the wordmark could really benefit from being italicized, for the same reason. It would really give a great sense of motion. Also, the J and the E seem to be kerned a little bit too tightly.

Those small issues aside, this is a fabulous concept.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for the comments.

I kind of agree the Jet looks a bit awkward on the helmet, that's probably because of the strange angle it's at-- however I think it looks better than the wordmark.

I understand that you're not a fan of black; however, I tried to do it in a way that wasn't simply "black for the sake of black" and used it sparingly. But a darker green isn't a bad idea, and if I were to swap black with Hunter Green it would sort of be a combination of eras for the Jets which would be kind of cool. I'll see how it looks.

dgnmrwrw, I agree about the wordmark being italicized... unfortunately I don't know how to skew in Inkscape to make it appear italicized. The font has been edited to the point that it's pretty much custom so I can't simply italicize the font. if anyone knows how to do that, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me!

Here's an update. The jet now has the current hunter green as the shadow color, and I think it looks a lot better than the black. I also added some contrails behind the Jet, and tried to mimic the striping of the uniform. I'm fiddling with the helmet design, to see how that will work. I also tried to make the wordmark a bit italicized.

jetslogo-1.png

And now for something completely different... from the team formerly known as the Titans, to...

ttitans.png

So, nothing really groundbreaking with the Titans-- just an update to their sword logo. I'm working on the uniforms; red, as you can see, is returning.

All C+C is appreciated.

A out-of-the-box suggestion for the Jets helmet, have you tried a wing-like perspective a la the Vikings or Eagles? Just something to fiddle around with if you are still thinking of ideas. This has been one of the better NFL threads I have seen here in my time, keep up the great work.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Your Jets logo is perfect. You captured the origin of the name exceptionally. And while it is a great logo and concept, New York and planes don't really mesh well anymore for obvious reasons, so it would be hard to have that in the NFL with such a touchy topic being alluded to.

The Titans, from what we can see now, seems promising. I've always loved the Light blue/Red combo, and think it could look great. Plus the updated T looks way better than their current.

Here's what I think is the final update for the Jets. This is my favorite concept so far; funnily enough I hate the team.

I know the Jets aren't likely to use any Airplane imagery for their logos any time soon, I felt like using a warplane, like a fighter jet or bomber, would be similarly non-PC and this is a fantasy concept anyway.

Updates:

Helmet has updated logo

Jets wordmark on helmet bumper

All black replaced with hunter green

Bigger wordmark under collar

NY alternate logo now on pants

Socks with green pants changed

jetsunis-1.png

Titans are pretty close to finished and will be up soon.

jtitansl.png

I tried to go with a classic look with this rebrand. The Titans have a very abstract logo, the "Flaming Thumbtack". It sucks. They have another logo, a sword which is better but still not very good. I've tried to keep that idea, as a sword is a great basis for a logo and ties in better with the team identity. It also serves as a T. The wordmark... I don't know, I struggled with it, but I kind of like it. I tried to make a blocky sort of thing, tried to make it look "ancient greek" but it looked stupid so I scrapped it, and tried something simpler. This looks vaguely Greco-Roman, and is classy I think which is sort of what I was going for with the whole identity.

Obviously, the colors have been changed back to Oilers-era. It is one of the best combos in sports and I don't know why they dropped red in the first place. The uniforms are a bit reminiscent of the Oilers unis that were generally regarded as some of the best in the league. Gone are the shoulder yokes, gone is navy, gone is a stupid number font. I went with the Oregon State font because I really like it and have wanted to use it for a while; I think it fits the Titans. The pants stripe is consistent with the logo.

titansunis-1.png

All C+C appreciated.

i really think the classic 2 colored thin stripes down the side of the pants would work better considering the swords kinda look modern while IMO no other part of tht jersey screams modern but more classic. also the trim on the jerseys is a basic red and white stripes so i just think it would look better if you kept the pants simple it would go with the entire look better

just my 2 cents tho...

Giants.png

sg048n.jpg

I really dig the pants stripe, I say keep it! You could even add in the sword handle at the top, not sure how that would look though. I agree with the other posters that the pants don't match the jerseys. Pants scream modern and jerseys scream classic. My suggestion would be to stick with the pants stripe and try to work in the same feel with the jersey. I like the color scheme, maybe you could add some touches of navy to add some more detail, i.e as an outline to the pants stripe? This would tie in old and new and allow you to get a bit more detail.

Excellent job on the Jets, that concept is growing on me, didn't like it at first.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I see the Titans jerseys got mixed reviews. I'm trying something new with the collars-- a sort of ancient greek pattern. I would use that for the pants stripe but I don't think it really works so I kept the current design, but streamlined it a bit.

titansunis-2.png

Archived