Ultimate NCAA Baseball Uniform Project pt. 2!

vicfurth

Hey, guys. Yes, after roughly four months, this is the return of the Ultimate NCAA Baseball Uniform Project. Couple different things:

-I slightly altered the template I use (changed the cap, now include back of the cap)

-Back numbers still say how many I've done

The next post will show my next concept, however this first post will serve to help you guys piece through ones you wanna see...

FIRST 70:

Akron - Alabama - Alabama State - Arizona - Arizona State

Austin Peay - Ball State - Baylor - Boise State - Bradley

Brigham Young (BYU) - Butler - UCLA - Colorado - Cornell

Dartmouth - DePaul - Duke - Eastern Kentucky - Elon

Florida - Florida State - Fordham - Fresno State - Indiana

Iowa - Iowa State - Kansas - Kentucky - Liberty

Lousiana (Lafayette) - Maine - Memphis - Miami (FL) - Miami (OH)

Michigan - Michigan State - Missouri - Missouri (Kansas City) - Navy

Nebraska - North Carolina - North Texas - Ohio - Ohio State

Oklahoma - Oklahoma State - Oregon - Penn State - Pittsburgh

Richmond - Samford - South Alabama - Southern California - South Florida

Stanford - Syracuse - Texas - Texas Christian - Troy

Tulane - Tulsa - Utah State - Vanderbilt - Virginia Tech

Villanova - Wisconsin - Wright State - Wyoming - Xavier

Every once in a while I'll go ahead and put them on this first post so it's easier to navigate. See you guys at 100!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, guys. Number 71 may be my weirdest one yet...

hawaiiwarriors.png

I went with the football team's tribal motif on the home and away, complete with asymmetrical striping and tribal numbers. As for the alt, it is a pseudo-throwback to the the 80s Astros. Figured only the Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors could pull this one off. Don't hurt me. ;)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

haha, i will not hurt you...but that alternate has got to go. just make a green or black alternate shirt

Nope, don't change it, it works for Hawaii and Hawaii only, which is why it's awesome. Think outside the box a little.

Cool set, but i do think that Hawaii tends to focus on black equally with the green, so even though all the green on the roads may look good, it might be a little more realistic if the hat and socks were black. Nice to see you working on these again, hopefully you get more comments.

haha, i will not hurt you...but that alternate has got to go. just make a green or black alternate shirt

Nope, don't change it, it works for Hawaii and Hawaii only, which is why it's awesome. Think outside the box a little.

Cool set, but i do think that Hawaii tends to focus on black equally with the green, so even though all the green on the roads may look good, it might be a little more realistic if the hat and socks were black. Nice to see you working on these again, hopefully you get more comments.

I would have to disagree with you on this one Elliot. They are not the Rainbow Warriors anymore...and that type of rainbow and booger combination not only looks odd, but it takes away from the name Warriors.

Really, the straight red, yellow, and that off color of green just do not blend well. The script is bland, etc.

I love the first two in the set, and love the work done with all of these concepts! and, i do like thinking outside the box a bit...but even though the alternate is different, it just bothers the heck out of me!

For number 72, I wanted to do a team that, IMO, now has some of the worst uniforms in NCAA baseball...

Yes, these are worse than:

-The Hawai'i alt I just created (jk, I really like it ;) )

-Astros rainbow

-Any MLB monochrome (Orioles' orange, Phillies' maroon)

-Anything Oregon has come up with

You guys ready for these monstrosities? Here ya go...

*This is my opinion. If it isn't yours, start your own thread! ;)

university-of-tennessee-baseball-2009-season-simpson-with-pitch-tn-base-2009-00058xlg.jpguniversity-of-tennessee-baseball-tennessee-vs-georgia-tn-base-x-00010xlg.jpg

Actually, it really isn't that they're terrible, it's just that... actually, if you look at it... Okay, as you can see, Tennessee needs some help in the baseball department. Thankfully, I am here to save their aesthetic keisters.

I thought about trying something weird and unique at first. I wanted to try to incorporate the checkerboard theme that their end zones are famous for, but couldn't do it. I also thought about adding powder blue as both a nod to the women's basketball program and to unify the sports. However, neither idea was working out, so I took a different approach. What I tried to do was take Tennessee back to the basics. Thus, CCSLC viewers, I have created something much more minimal than my last uni concept (Hawai'i).

I went with a tri-stripe piping on the sleeves and pants, first off, as it looked nice and looked slightly unique (also a nod to their manufacturer, Adidas). Speaking of Adidas, this is my first concept to use manufacturers logo, just a little more of a realistic touch. I also threw in the conference logo, which I'll be doing from now on.

As for the fonts, I went super-simple with them. The "Tennessee" script is classic baseball (before you say so, no, it is not the Coca Cola font, lol).

tennesseevolunteers.png

Have at it, guys. :) And feel free to hurt me if you must. ;)

I love the rainbow Hawaii jersey, but I think you could also include a green alt within the current scheme. There's room for both. As for Tennessee, I like what you've done, the focus should be on orange, not black. Plus their current uni's are a giant CF (clusterf***, for the unfamiliar). I would still like to see a checkered idea, I think that would be incredibly original. Good work.

EDIT: Brave-Bird, please calibrate your monitor. I realize color will always be subjective on these boards because no one poster can control the array of monitors it will be seen on, but on my calibrated Mac monitor, it looks like Tennessee orange.

I really like this. I would like to see a stripe taken off on the jersey, otherwise it's a big too much. And Brave-Bird, it looks like Tennessee orange ^_^

maybe its time for a new computer monitor? or maybe i was just too hungover when i posted...b/c I definitely agree it looks UT orange now. apologies for bashing it haha. (that script actually looks good too...no more posts after long nights for me)

Really like the fauxback Hawaii uniforms. Kind of goofy, and not something you'd want to see all the time, but for every once in a while, like a special game, it's really cool.

Also like the Tennessee set. Nothing too wacky, but it's nice. In fact, I think I've just decided that Adidas is completely incapable of designing baseball uniforms. At least based on this and what they've done with Arkansas and Arkansas State. I was thinking that perhaps using two stripes might work better just as a way of tying in to the football team.

I'll throw in my two cents -

First off, upon seeing all of your uniforms, you've done some fantastic work! I'd have to say that Baylor, Penn State, and Wisconsin are so far my favorites.

Second, put me on the "I LOVE that Hawaii alternate" bandwagon! I absolutely love it. As metioned earlier, Hawaii is the only team that could pull this off and if they did, i'd be thrilled. It's a great once-in-a-while uniform that is very unique and if replicas were to be sold, I think they'd sell like hotcakes in Hawaii. In my opinion, don't change a thing with it, it's brilliant! Great way to think out of the box, kudos for creativity!

Third, Tennessee looks alright. I'm not a fan of the stripes however, I think if you took one stripe off to make it two instead of three I think it'd look alot better. But the way you used the colors looks worlds better than what Tennessee has done in recent years. I never liked how they emphasized black, for real Tennessee to me is primarily orange with some black highlights here and there, and I will say that you did a great job using your colors, thanks for bringing orange back! :P

Also, I don't know if your taking requests, and if youre not then don't worry about it but i'd like to see you tackle, in the near future, Columbia (where Lou Gehrig attended) and Utah. Two completely different schools I know haha but i'm just interested to see what you'd come up with for them.

Keep up the awesome work!!!! :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived