Ultimate NCAA Baseball Uniform Project pt. 2!

vicfurth

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, guys, CCSLC's official "longest-running project thread" is going strong at #73!

Next up is San Jose State. Ah, yes, the blue/yellow Spartans. Now, I've already done a Spartan team before (see Michigan State) that had a striping theme that was Greek...ish. So I wanted to do something different...

EJVSJHEJPVPZTQB.20090517032738.jpg

UZNLVGEZSYYWFRG.20090129073041.jpg

First off, however, we see SJSU's current duds. Not bad, but kinda boring. Going back to my concept, I started off with the primary logo on the hat. Thought about doing an "SJ" but seemed boring. Plus putting the logo on the sleeve might've detracted from the striping theme. So, primary on the hat.

The striping pattern is made up of the triangles, similar to the primary logo. Kinda small to see I know. The fonts are Greek-ish as well, done in blue with yellow. The alternate jersey is blue as well, and all the jerseys are Nike made.

sanjosestatespartans.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

This looks very nice, another grade-A concept! No flaws in my opinion, it gives SJSU a very unique look, which of course is always a winner. The whole NCAA should have you design the entire nation's uniforms!! I'm not kidding, all of your work would enhance the look of NCAA baseball by miles. Keep it up!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I believe this a first. I have concept number 74 coming in a bit, the Providence Friars...

Couple unique things with Providence. First off, they are the first AND last team I'll do in this project that is actually called the Friars. I actually thought of doing an all-green alternate as a nod to Robin Hood, but I thought better of it, lol.

The other unique thing is that, as far as I know, Providence is the only NCAA school whose colors are black and white... Yes, you heard (read?) me, black and white. While some say "what's the big deal", something so unsaturated is actually really hard to pull off without looking boring. Heh, even teams called the Penguins (NHL Pittsburgh, NCAA Youngstown State) don't dare try black and white.

Anyway, Providence has no baseball team, so I kinda had free reign over what to do; that's partly why I haven't touched some other schools yet. What I did was create something simple, yet modern. Throughout the concept, I sprinkled some silver here and there for a touch of depth. I did some silver piping on the home and alternate jerseys, along with black side paneling that tapers. On the away uniform, I switched the piping to white.

providencefriars.png

Next one is #75! Big milestone.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

i love the pant striping, its something i havent ever seen before. everything here is great, the P hat, the striping. but one concern i have is with the black alt. it seems kind of plain. maybe add white side paneling to that one. other than that, great concept overall. im looking forward to the minnesota gophers if you decide to do them.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

Does providence really use only black and white in athletics? Because it seems like when they drop in the silver (like in the logo) it ruins the unique look of black and white.

I like the way the wordmark stands out on this concept. I'm not too keen on the number font, though. I've always been a fan of SJ state's colors and logos, and the logo looks pretty good on the cap, you don't see too many non-letter cap logos, so it's a nice change. I think my favorite part of the concept is the yellow on blue stripe detail of the alternate. Just straight yellow on blue might be a good look for the wordmarks, too, without the white outline. Kinda like the way the Orioles black alternate stands out with the orange script.

Does providence really use only black and white in athletics? Because it seems like when they drop in the silver (like in the logo) it ruins the unique look of black and white.

I like the way the wordmark stands out on this concept. I'm not too keen on the number font, though. I've always been a fan of SJ state's colors and logos, and the logo looks pretty good on the cap, you don't see too many non-letter cap logos, so it's a nice change. I think my favorite part of the concept is the yellow on blue stripe detail of the alternate. Just straight yellow on blue might be a good look for the wordmarks, too, without the white outline. Kinda like the way the Orioles black alternate stands out with the orange script.

I recall the basketball team wearing silver

I think that I meant school colors, not athletic colors

ULTIMATE NCAA BASEBALL UNIFORM PROJECT 75TH ANNIVERSARY!!!

Yes, UNBUP (pronounced "un-bup") has reached concept number 75! So exciting. As some may know, the 75th anniversary is the diamond anniversary. So, with that in mind...

diamond+studded+car+image3.jpg

Okay, on to the concept, the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks. This college was one of the ones forced to change their nickname because of issues with respect to Native Americans. I, however, don't see anything wrong with it so I'm taking this one back. *rewind*

The fun part of this one was the fact that I'm going on a limb with a controversial idea here. Now, don't start arguing and get this thing shut down, ya ninnies...

What I did for the Louisiana-Monroe INDIANS was pretty traditional. In fact, it's my first shot at pinstripes since Wright State. There's a lot of maroon and athletic gold everywhere. Pretty simple concept:

louisianamonroewarhawks.png

Number 76 is a baseball powerhouse. Went to the College World Series last year I believe. I give you the Arkansas (soooooooooooie!) Razorbacks:

3396296855_c747b35326.jpgbaseball.jpg

Got a lot going on with their current duds. I would say it's too much, but since my concept kinda has more going on... Yeah.

Anyway, I patterned my concept after the newer football unis with the "horns" coming up the sides; they were pretty controversial. I didn't want something that looked identical to my old Alabama concept.

The main thing I wanted to fix was Adidas' obsession with the collar-squares (also seen on Tennessee and Campbell, if I recall). I also wanted to change the (imo) cheap-looking script that says "razorbacks" in the tail.

arkansasrazorbacks.png

I believe this a first. I have concept number 74 coming in a bit, the Providence Friars...

Couple unique things with Providence. First off, they are the first AND last team I'll do in this project that is actually called the Friars. I actually thought of doing an all-green alternate as a nod to Robin Hood, but I thought better of it, lol.

The other unique thing is that, as far as I know, Providence is the only NCAA school whose colors are black and white... Yes, you heard (read?) me, black and white. While some say "what's the big deal", something so unsaturated is actually really hard to pull off without looking boring. Heh, even teams called the Penguins (NHL Pittsburgh, NCAA Youngstown State) don't dare try black and white.

Anyway, Providence has no baseball team, so I kinda had free reign over what to do; that's partly why I haven't touched some other schools yet. What I did was create something simple, yet modern. Throughout the concept, I sprinkled some silver here and there for a touch of depth. I did some silver piping on the home and alternate jerseys, along with black side paneling that tapers. On the away uniform, I switched the piping to white.

providencefriars.png

Next one is #75! Big milestone.

Not bad. Too bad Providence shut down the baseball program a few years ago.

Official athletic colors are black, silver and white. The hockey team wears a silver alternate jersey. And most sports wear Nike.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 5 weeks later...

Archived