100 Years of Carolina Basketball

TGroce

This goes in the "Bank Gothic Witch Hunt" thread.

Outside of that, rather nice. Actually...very nice. I can even look past the beveling (especially since it's more subtle than other bevel jobs out there).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Of course the first thing I asked, which Carolina. It looks good though.

Uhh it's got two NC logos on it and an outline of the state, I think that's an unnecessary question.

Awesome design though. It fit everything I think of when I think UNC basketball in one logo without being cluttered.

• 2 weeks later...

New uniforms for this season?

Last night in Chapel Hill at an alumni game players were wearing these. Look a little more like the first set of Julian's design with the shorts having a full border. Font is thicker on the jersey. 100 years patch on the leg.

Uncertain if this is the final design for the season or just this game, but I wouldnt' be shocked.

UNC1.SP.090409.RTW.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.JPG

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

I think it's just a one-off for the alumni game that's intended to combine features from different eras of UNC basketball, especially our championship teams. The side panels look like more the original Julian ones ),and the shade of blue looks more like the one used on the Jordan-era uniforms than the current powder blue.

In addition to this, UNC will be breaking out several throwback uniforms this year from our national title seasons. We've worn Jordan-era throwbacks before, but I'm really looking forward to the '57 championship season throwbacks, which bizarrely included red trim around the neck and arm holes, which you can see if you scroll through the gallery at the following link:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/unc/photos/story/904051.html

Archived