Nba Considers True Minor League System

Waffles

and now i begin my campaign to bring minor league hoops to Racine :D

with $0, the best facility around being a HS fieldhouse on Hwy 20, and a bunch of streetballers :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think this is a terrific idea.

Many players leave college early of dont go at all. Many of them are nt ready to play in teh NBA so the rot on the bench, and never get the skills to devlop into a solid player.

If this happens these players can devlop their skills and elevate the quality play of the NBA, when they reach the big league so to speak.

And this will help the sport because players will be more sound fundamentally.

Case example look at how bad Darko Milicic has struggeld with the Pistons, he is hardly playing, a minor league system woudl allow him to paly and get expierence. As it stands now he is on the road to big time bustville.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This will be nothing but a benefit to the NBA. Infact they need to get the age 20 rule in and shove all the 18 year olds who don't go to college in the NBDL.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

what happened to the idea that the CBA was the NBA's minor league? Didn't the NBA put money into the league in the hopes it would be a truly minor or developmental league to the NBA? Even around the time Isiah was running it into the ground, I thought the CBA was still getting funded by the NBA. I can't even explain the NBDL. What do they play, 40 games total?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

and this would apparently now be the home of guys we'd otherwise call the next Korleone Youngs, Leon Smiths, Kwame Browns, and yes, Darko Milicics...let em play instead of rot.

speaking of em, how's Leon's face painting class going? anyone know?

and whatever happened to Korleone Young?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

what happened to the idea that the CBA was the NBA's minor league? Didn't the NBA put money into the league in the hopes it would be a truly minor or developmental league to the NBA? Even around the time Isiah was running it into the ground, I thought the CBA was still getting funded by the NBA. I can't even explain the NBDL. What do they play, 40 games total?

The NBA basically disassociated itself with the CBA once Isiah (sp?) Thomas started running it into the ground.

nav-logo.png

Darko Milicic not playing has nothing to do with his ability or his readiness to the NBA.

Darko doesn't play because Larry Brown has his own little policy in which he NEVER plays rookies. On any other team, Darko would probably be a good contributor.

IUe6Hvh.png

Correct but having him play in the minors will only help his career, its better to be on the floor then on the bench, and if there was a place for these players to develop it would help everyone.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

This idea can only help the NBA. I hope they do put in an age cap. These guys need to be seasoned a little before they jump in with the Shaq's, Yao's, and Garnett's of the league. We will take a team in KC, hell it would be better than that joke of a league the ABA. :rolleyes:

I'm certainly no expert....but from what I've heard the D-League is beyond crap basketball. It has all the pig-headed showboaty-ness of scrubs who THINK they deserve to be in the NBA, and none of the game. These are burnouts, has-beens, and never were's who ball hog hoping to get noticed and legitimately feel slighted to even have to be there, let alone practice, and not travel in luxury.

While minor league baseball's impact is obvious, and hockey's is important, and the NFL has recently had success .......I just don't know that it would DEVELOP anything.

Of all the pro sports, basketball fundamentals at the pro level are the most atrocious and players are the most immature.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe that is precisely why they need a minor league. But hell, we've got Iverson who doesn't think he should ever have to practice, or come off the bench. This is the mindset of the modern day baller. No crap league is going to change that quickly.

ANyone read the article about Gilbert Arenas and his "well now I'm not going to shoot at all then" tantrum? I honestly can't believe this is what we've come to.

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/gilbert.html

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

The College game is in peril as it is not many players stay in all 4 years any way and more and more jump to the NBA from the High School, so if they dont want to go to College let them play in the minors.

I garuntee you many will rather play college ball becuase they will alwyas have more TV expousre then the minors, besides the system works fine for baseball why not have a minor league for the NBA.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived