2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Clean hit followed by blackhawk players attacking Mitchell and putting a stop to the play and the Canucks scoring chances. The NHL needs to do something about these fight after clean hits. Is suspending a player for instigating a fight too much?

This always happens whether it's a clean hit or not. Just part of the game.

But it shouldn't be. Football players don't fight after tackles, so why do hockey players feel the need to fight after a legal hit.

Comparing tackling in football to hitting in hockey is a bit flawed. Sure hitting is a part of hockey, but it isn't the main point of the sport. In football the whole point is to tackle the person before they can score a touch down. In hockey, hitting is just one way of slowing a person down. If you want to compare tackling in football to something in hockey, maybe you should compare it to making a save or blocking a shot, or a poke check.

Hitting a player, after they hit a teamate, is a part of the game. If you're gonna get rid of that, you might as well get rid of the hitting in the first place.

hitting a player, picking your spot to retaliate in defense of your teammate is one thing, but to try and start a fight and stop the flow of play is what the problem is.

Thats what I'm trying to say Don. I play hockey and whenever my teammates or I get hit. whether it be dirty or clean we take a number and we get them back in time. We don't stop the play by trying to fight a guy.

But that's part of the game. If you're teams being outplayed, its in your favour to slow the game down and maybe get a mental edge by winning a fight. It's a gamble, do you risk the penalty to maybe get your own team fired up? Some coaches think it's worth it, and you know, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely spoke too soon on that question about whether the Blue Jackets were for real. They lost to Calgary 6-3 on 6 even strength goals after being tied at 3. Then last night they held a 4-1 lead on Edmonton with less than half the game to go and lost 6-4. It made me want to puke.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The attendance figures since ''The White Out'' home opener have been sad even when the team is winning and the giving of free tickets.

6,899 against the Blues

9,162 against the Bruins

11,938 against the Wings and I think their was quite a bit of Wing fans the Jobing.Com Arena.

All wins

So maybe the ticket giveaway is working but enough with the attendance issues their playing good Hockey I hope they can keep this up.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Am I the only Coyote fan who thinks this team will still be out of the playoffs even with the OT win vs. Detroit?

I do believe you are becoming Francis 2.0, that I do believe. It's too difficult to know where they will be mid season. The fact you come in here with no faith in your team is mind boggling. Am I a Coyotes fan? Hell yes I am, do I want to see them succeed? Oh yes I do! A true fan roots for their team to succeed no matter what. Not to expect them to fail

The attendance figures since ''The White Out'' home opener have been sad even when the team is winning and the giving of free tickets.

6,899 against the Blues

9,162 against the Bruins

11,938 against the Wings and I think their was quite a bit of Wing fans the Jobing.Com Arena.

All wins

So maybe the ticket giveaway is working but enough with the attendance issues their playing good Hockey I hope they can keep this up.

If you have to give away tickets to get to 2/3 capacity, it ain't working. Period.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Another loss by the Maple Leafs. When will they get that elusive 1st win?

When the injury bug finally finds Gaborik hiding out in NYC.

All I will say is at least this season will be memorable for something - POSSIBLY being winless in all of October! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It better not be happening this Wednesday!

Oh the humiliation I would suffer ...

Oh the gratification I will feel. :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I will gladly take a Leafs win if it shuts those insufferable Calgary fans' collective traps :)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I will gladly take a Leafs win if it shuts those insufferable Calgary fans' collective traps :)

Who said that I want them to suffer just as much as anyone haha.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It could be worse.

Assuming he's ready to go on Thanksgiving Day (which is roughly a little over 4 weeks), he'll only miss 13 games. The Thrashers having a relatively light first two months of the season really comes into play now.

This gives the rest of the team a chance to assert themselves and find their roles. We know what Kovalchuk is capable of. Folks are going to need to step up if they want to realize their goals of making the playoffs.

I wonder if this is a blessing in disguise...maybe this will speed up contract negociations, now that Kovy's not burdened with playing games for the next couple few weeks...

Archived