Football leotard pants

Proc

I was watching the Ravens-Patriots game yesterday and it hit me -- I can't take these stupid ballet pants these players wear. I know its been discussed before, but ugh, enough. Man up already! I can't believe the players like these things.

clayton.jpgDaniil.jpg

I agree with you. For what's it's worth, I read something in the last couple of weeks about the Browns' players preference for the brown, stripeless pants, in part because not having stripes made the pants a little more comfortable. That's probably why we've seen more teams with dark, stripeless pants in recent years.

That said, in this age of "dry-fit" "cool-base" and any other supposed tecnhological breakthrough with a marketing term, it seems like football pants with stripes could be made that wouldn't bother a player's comfort. Dark pants with no stripes just look bad. If I want to see spandex pants with no striping, I'd rather see them on a slim woman than a 300-pound offensive lineman.

I was watching the Ravens-Patriots game yesterday and it hit me -- I can't take these stupid ballet pants these players wear. I know its been discussed before, but ugh, enough. Man up already! I can't believe the players like these things.

clayton.jpgDaniil.jpg

Couldn't agree more! You know, the Ravens used to have white socks with black-purple-black stripes which could somewhat mitigate this disaster.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Yeah! These guys all look like a bunch of ballet dancers out there. They need to be more like men! Gruntgruntgruntscratchscratchscratch...

It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing thing, but I'm sick of this tired ass argument. They're men. They're more manly than we all are, they spend three hours hitting each other. We watch them from a seat. GTFOOH.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ย 

The Ravens would look dope, with lotsa pointless stripes and a grey facemask. grinning.gif

...and sleeves down to their elbows.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Whether it looks "aesthetically pleasing" or not, it seems more important that the players are comfortable, safe, and able to play. So if it works for them then that should be the most important thing.

Just my 2ยข on the matter.

Wrong freaking board to be making that comment on!! :shocked::mad:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Whether it looks "aesthetically pleasing" or not, it seems more important that the players are comfortable, safe, and able to play. So if it works for them then that should be the most important thing.

All I'm saying is that players who play the game should be able to play comfortably. If they choose to look ridiculous then its their problem

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

All I'm saying is that players who play the game should be able to play comfortably. If they choose to look ridiculous then its their problem

I'm kind of pulling your leg, but its an odd thing for someone to say on a board given over to the design of sports uniforms and logos. :therock:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Don't need lots of dope stripes and a grey facemask but how about those white striped socks from their Superbowl year with the black pants I don't care if there are no pads in the pants and no stripes but just stop this insanity of same color socks as as pants.

Surprisingly--given that I prefer the long pants look for baseball--I dislike the stripeless pant/same color sock look in football. However, if the Browns players truly find sewn in stripes uncomfortable (and I can see how they could) technology now allows you to simply dye them into the pant! No seams, no discomfort...and those of us who like stripes get 'em back.

Don't need lots of dope stripes and a grey facemask but how about those white striped socks from their Superbowl year with the black pants I don't care if there are no pads in the pants and no stripes but just stop this insanity of same color socks as as pants.

Surprisingly--given that I prefer the long pants look for baseball--I dislike the stripeless pant/same color sock look in football. However, if the Browns players truly find sewn in stripes uncomfortable (and I can see how they could) technology now allows you to simply dye them into the pant! No seams, no discomfort...and those of us who like stripes get 'em back.

Really? You can "see how they could"??? Because I think the quote about pants stripes slowing the players down is just about the single stupidest thing I've ever heard a player say.

I'm kind of pulling your leg, but its an odd thing for someone to say on a board given over to the design of sports uniforms and logos. :therock:

I think it's a perfectly valid statement to make on this board, as sometimes we lose sight of practicality / function / safety when evaluating uniforms and design. People feel like things "need" to be a certain way, just because they always have been that way, ignoring the fact that as we advance, new materials are made that are more comfortable and allow for the cut of the uniform to be changed, new equipment comes out, new things are invented that change the way helmets look, etc.

Not saying that the "stripes are restricting" argument is a good one, but it's not something that can be ignored, and if they actually believe that, then that has to be a consideration when evaluating a uniform design - how well do the elements work together given the restrictions put on the designer by the equipment and needs of the players.

That being said, they should never wear solid black socks with solid black pants! Count me as one against the leotard look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah! These guys all look like a bunch of ballet dancers out there. They need to be more like men! Gruntgruntgruntscratchscratchscratch...

It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing thing, but I'm sick of this tired ass argument. They're men. They're more manly than we all are, they spend three hours hitting each other. We watch them from a seat. GTFOOH.

Yeah, they're men. And so is the ballet dancer in the other pic (in the first post). They need to look like a football players, not Baryshnikov the ballet dancer.

Archived