Duke Gets Robbed

JQK

What's awful is that Duke managed to not score a single point in the last three minutes of the game. If they weren't so inept at scoring under pressure and holding off the attack, then the officiating wouldn't matter.

Go UConn!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

What's awful is that Duke managed to not score a single point in the last three minutes of the game. If they weren't so inept at scoring under pressure and holding off the attack, then the officiating wouldn't matter.

Go UConn!

Suck my Conn, U......

(I'm not a happy Duke fan...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Duke is allot like the Yankees they have their fans and their haters, based nothing more then on jeaolousy.

I'm on the fence I usuauly like to see them do well personally but picking UConn to win it all I was rooting for the Huskies.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I haven't seem the call, but IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME THE REFS DON'T FAVOR DUKE! They always do...

vs. Illiniois...call 2 piece of crap week fouls on the Illini's most key players in first 6 minutes putting them on the bench for basically the rest of half...

vs. Xavier...call a piece of crap foul on most important player to foul him out with Xavier winning a close game...

I'm a huge Duke fan, and more than that, i HATE UCONN... i mean real, serious, hate.

Guess i'll be rooting for GT on Monday Night.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm usually not a Duke hater either, but I have a preference for UConn over Duke so I had to stick by them. Oh, and I was at a party tonight and I was the only one going for UConn and got a lot of crap throughout the game. Until the end...which was my time for glory.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Duke is allot like the Yankees they have their fans and their haters, based nothing more then on jeaolousy.

this is off topic, but what the hell

i dont care about the ncaa one way or another. like i said this post is off topic, so here we go...

i dont hate the :evil: yankees :evil: out of jelousy. i hate them for legit reasons like...

1) they buy out every decent player in the league that they can get their hands on, allowing them to stay healthy financially while the rest of the mlb is just trying to stay alive,

2) steinbrenner steels players from teams that had an agreement with an other team. Ex: david wells had a hand shake agrement to sighn with the d-backs last season. steinbrenner came in and sighned him because he was bitter over losing the world series to arizona.

3) steinbrenner is illegally sneaking players in from cuba. i know someone who worked very close to steinbrenner who can conform this. he is writting a book that will expose all of steinbrenner's secrets. it will be out next summer.

4) they cry if they dont get their way. in the two games in japan the rays had to wear their batting practice jerseys because the yankees wanted to wear their pin stripes, despite the fact that they were the road team.

5) they resist any attempt at a salary cap. salary caps work in sports. history has proven that. a salary cap is good for baseball in general, but for the yankees its a disaster because it means that they would actually have to *gasp* compete with other teams to sighn players.

i dont want to turn this thread into a debate between yankee lovers and haters, just thought i would prove tank wrong. u may continue ur discusion about hatting or loving duke. i really dont care.

Please explain to me how Duke got screwed? I mean, nevermind that Emeka Okafor got two crap calls in the first 4 minutes that completely swung the momentum. The 2nd foul, Emeka had his hands straight up the whole time and initiated only some of the contact. Essentially, thanks to 2 crap calls, the best player in the Nation was on the bench for 16 of the first 20 minutes.

Or how about the part where Villanueva gets elbowed in the face without a call. He didn't smack himself in the face! The problem was not that Duke couldn't score in the last few minutes... is that they were stupid in trying to do so. First off... you're playing one of the best defensive teams in the nation with a fairly good lead and the clock on your side... so they play stupid offense. That, combined with UConn severly stepping up their D made it difficult for Duke. What does Duke attempt to do? DRIVE ON UCONN!!! Are they on crack?

And I missed the play where UConn fouled Redick. Meaning, I believe we saw a different play. I saw, and the commentator pointed out, the UConn defender making a brilliant play when he pulled his hand back from trying to block the ball to avoid the fall. He didn't come close to touching redick.

It's not like Duke wasn't the only team that had problems in foul trouble. Jim Calhoun was smart enough to know when to take his players out of the game. Coach K set himself up there by putting his best big men in a position to foul out. Bottomline... UConn won clearly. It makes up for all the times DUke has won cheap. It makes up for Duhon drawing a charge when one foot is clearly in the air against Xavier.

UConn is the better team. For Duke to even let UConn keep it close without their best player and playing as flat as UConn did... proves that. Luol Deng isn't in Okafor's league on Emeka's worst day. UConn has the better shooters, they have the better post players... and today, UConn had the better coach, just like '99.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived