WCHA redesign/edgification

mcrosby

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love a few more comments on the last couple posts, but until then I'll put up Wisconsin. I love the look of the Badgers, They find a way to make the template of the most evil entity in all of sports look good (that would be the Red Wings). I kept most of the current aspects, added a motion W (blackless) to the collar, and changed the number/name font to fit the current Badgers/Badger basketball a bit better.

I tried a few different takes for the alternate. It began out of trying to get something that looked a bit like Bucky Badger's sweater. The first few attempts were way too crowded and looked something like the Habs striped throwbacks, only striping perpendicular to what they use. I feel as though this makes a modern jersey cut, adds classic, straight, thick lines and comes up with a happy medium. To bring the jersey even farther into the future, and contrast it from the Home and Away sweaters I added a wordmark to the back bottom seam.

I know there were a lot of people looking forward to the Badgers, and I've tried to satisfy those who love tradition, and those who love out of the box thinking. Have at it, C&C is the only way any of us get better.

wisconsinbadgers.png

Also, I'm still working on the Michigan Tech alternate logo, it's proving harder than expected.

I like your primary Badger uniforms. I like the superfluous extra outlines and they never should have dumped it. I actually like the block numbers with said outlines a lot. They never should have changed. But I am a block number fan. I think with the extra outlines on front, your numbers would be well served to be outlined as well.

This would actually not be the most outlandish alt they've worn (remember the big bucky coming onto the jersey at an angle?) Since the motion W is part of all sports, I think there's a place for it on the hockey alt. If you do away with the vertical striping, it would be serviceable.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wisconsin has had a few decent alts. The jersey used at Lambeau Field in 2006 wasn't bad at all, had a good looking script. This alt wasn't a complete mess, I don't like all of the black dropshadows, but the rest is pretty unique and well thought out.

OnWis97, you bring up a good point. Admittedly, I rushed the primaries and should have put more consideration into how I chose to outline the different aspects of the jersey. I've gone back and replaced the classic block on front with Impact, which is what Badgers sports has been using, or a slightly modified version. I chose to go without outlines just for simplicity sake and I don't think it looks half bad. Let's hear your thoughts.

wisconsinhockey2.png

I've had this one done for a bit and I'd like to get some more comments, Wisconsin doesnt seem to be doing the trick so here's the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux.

The Fighting Sioux recently switched to the Rbk Edge system. They've also updated their logo package, most likely due to their controversial name/logo. I've minimized the use of the offensive mark/nickname (as the current jerseys say "sioux" right on the front, above the portrait logo.

I took a page from Nike's new Pro Combat and their FSU concept and come up with the alternate. Parts of the jersey contain a pattern inspired by Sioux designs, which I've made a bit more contrasting than they actually would be for better viewing. The Number font is a modified version of what the Washington Nationals of the MLB use. I've also used more yellow, as I think it works great with both black and green.

C&C please.

UNDjerseys.png

I really like the UND jerseys. I have two minor complaints (that don't really matter anyway, but i'll say)

1. The North Dakota state outline is a little big on the front of the green jersey. I know it's their logo, but just the "ND" might be good enough.

2. I like the "North Dakota" on the white jersey, but to keep with tradition (and I know people may not like this) I would keep "Sioux" on the front.

Nice job though!

Wow that alt is amazing. I absolutely HATE UND, but I would maybe consider buying that jersey.

I think the jerseys would look a little better if it had just the Sioux head on the front of both the primaries. Or the head with Sioux written above. The North Dakota outline looks really clunky on the jersey.

Overall great job on both the Sioux and the Badgers.

Oh and now that I think about it, I don't think I could go through with wearing a Sioux jersey even if it is that cool.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I've just finished St. Cloud State University. After the UND alternate got such great reception I decided to take a note from that when making the St. Cloud set. I've made sections of each jersey sublimated with the ST.C logo, slightly modified (both top and bottom ends of the C are the same now). In my opinion St. Cloud has a wonderful logoset and doesn't need much tinkering.

The alternate jersey would be something used as a "blackout" promotion. I've not done a team that relied heavily on black, and you may see that the color I used it a very dark grey, not black. I think that the recent trend to make any and every team black has just gotten out of hand, so I've tried to stick with colors for most of the redesign. There are some teams that need black; Colorado, Michigan Tech, Minnesota State, and possibly Nebraska-Omaha.

As usual, let's hear your thoughts.

Woops, it seems I've uploaded the set without the name on the white jersey. I'll have that updated with the next update, assuming you guys give enough criticism to get me to an update.

StCSjerseys.png

Being a fan of UND, your home and aways remind me too much of the generic jerseys they had to wear in the mids '90s that just saud: NORTH DAKOTA

I don't think the state logo makes a very good sweater crest. The alt is awesome though, nice job.

I also dig the alt for SCSU. I normally don't like the just black and red together, no white, but these work. I wish SCSU would use black minimally, but the school colors are simply Red and Black, it doesn't even mention white, so black has to be prominent.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I love the look of the Badgers, They find a way to make the template of the most evil entity in all of sports look good (that would be the Red Wings). I kept most of the current aspects, added a motion W (blackless) to the collar, and changed the number/name font to fit the current Badgers/Badger basketball a bit better.

I tried a few different takes for the alternate. It began out of trying to get something that looked a bit like Bucky Badger's sweater. The first few attempts were way too crowded and looked something like the Habs striped throwbacks, only striping perpendicular to what they use. I feel as though this makes a modern jersey cut, adds classic, straight, thick lines and comes up with a happy medium. To bring the jersey even farther into the future, and contrast it from the Home and Away sweaters I added a wordmark to the back bottom seam.

I know there were a lot of people looking forward to the Badgers, and I've tried to satisfy those who love tradition, and those who love out of the box thinking. Have at it, C&C is the only way any of us get better.

wisconsinbadgers.png

Also, I'm still working on the Michigan Tech alternate logo, it's proving harder than expected.

That alt is sweeeeeeeet. If that was the alt, and it was made in a non-jersey fabric (i.e. as a sweater or sweatshirt), I would knock over little old ladies and little kids to buy that.

As for the home, I would substitute the W for "Wisconsin," though I'd probably keep it for the road jersey.

I would call this concept a SHOTANDAGOAL!!!

Packers-2.png

The Fighting Sioux recently switched to the Rbk Edge system. They've also updated their logo package, most likely due to their controversial name/logo. I've minimized the use of the offensive mark/nickname (as the current jerseys say "sioux" right on the front, above the portrait logo.

I took a page from Nike's new Pro Combat and their FSU concept and come up with the alternate. Parts of the jersey contain a pattern inspired by Sioux designs, which I've made a bit more contrasting than they actually would be for better viewing. The Number font is a modified version of what the Washington Nationals of the MLB use. I've also used more yellow, as I think it works great with both black and green.

C&C please.

UNDjerseys.png

That alt would almost make me like the Sioux. (Almost.)

The home might be a little busy with both "North Dakota" and the boy named Sioux. Road is clever.

Packers-2.png

Archived