3D Rendered Helmet Tutorial

Davidson

i think there are pretty clear instructions at the beginning of the thread as to how to go about making something like that, its not tricky, you just need a few different photoshop layers of the same image transfered in differing ways.

I looked before I posted, but I must've missed it. Sorry. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think there are pretty clear instructions at the beginning of the thread as to how to go about making something like that, its not tricky, you just need a few different photoshop layers of the same image transfered in differing ways.

you might be right, if its not in this thread, they'll be in one of my pro combat threads. its all the same principle.

you might be right, if its not in this thread, they'll be in one of my pro combat threads. its all the same principle.

I've been searching the threads and have not been able to find a tutorial. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help though. Your work is amazing. I'll figure out some way to make drivers helmets as you have with the great football helmets. I'll post some of the football helmet designs I've done with your templates soon. Thanks again for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Davidson... I really like the screened Denver Broncos helmet that you did back on the first few pages. How did you manage to get the jersey look in the background? I've checked for some details throughout this posting and haven't really seen a how-to for that.

I've been searching the threads and have not been able to find a tutorial. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help though. Your work is amazing. I'll figure out some way to make drivers helmets as you have with the great football helmets. I'll post some of the football helmet designs I've done with your templates soon. Thanks again for the help.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=68226&view=findpost&p=1197846

Davidson... I really like the screened Denver Broncos helmet that you did back on the first few pages. How did you manage to get the jersey look in the background? I've checked for some details throughout this posting and haven't really seen a how-to for that.

just multiplied a jersey texture over the background?

• 1 month later...

How does one go about getting the PSD files for this? I LOVE how it looks. Seriously, this is the best I've seen! TIA!

EDIT: Nevermind, I went back to page one and found it! Thanks so much! This is sweet and will look great for my fantasy football league! :)

How does one go about getting the PSD files for this? I LOVE how it looks. Seriously, this is the best I've seen! TIA!

EDIT: Nevermind, I went back to page one and found it! Thanks so much! This is sweet and will look great for my fantasy football league! :)

here is a revolution helmet should you require.

http://rezland.deviantart.com/#/d2jd5mc

here is a revolution helmet should you require.

http://rezland.deviantart.com/#/d2jd5mc

Davidson, you are the best! Thanks so much for posting the images and instructions. Your work is top notch. And thanks for the link. Great helmets, all of them! :)

I have 2 questions. First love the template, took me a while to get it straight in Photoshop, but now I got it and love it. First question, what is the easiest way to make helmet stripes using Photoshop?? I can't get the curve down right. Second is, I am having troubles with the mask layer. I open it in a new window. Select all and copy. I open the mask channels on the folder and when I make the layer visible and paste in the background stays black. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?? Thanks.

"Roll Along"

I just found this thread today. For a Photoshop novice like me, it was great to find something so easy to use. Thanks to everyone!

And I know I am a bit late to the party, but I've got a late 1970s early 1980s style helmet similar to the kind worn by James Lofton, John Jefferson, Wes Chandler, and Steve Largent to name a few. My example is a reproduction of a Green Bay Packer helmet, and while I don't have a picture of the helmet online, you can see the style in this image of James Lofton.

(sorry I can't post the image directly in the post. I think I don't have enough privileges yet or I just don't know how.)

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l68/cthawkinson/?action=view&current=LoftonJames-23.jpg

If anyone is interested in re-creating this style helmet let me know and I can get you pictures.

Thanks again!

Chris

Archived