Birmingham Bees

jaha32

I made the changes...well most of them. chestnuts mentioned not liking the white highlight on the eye but when I took it away it didnt look s nice really so I made it smaller and moved it slightly. the eye lost some of its popping out feel without it. the mouth is gone all together. bees dont really have a distinguishable mouth anyways so hopefully it doesnt seem weired without it. I veried the thickness of the lines on the ball. im sure if i completely understood what some of you meant by that so hopefully this is better. i also added a teak sliver in the shading area to make it better. hopefully its not too much. the yellow highlights on the arm and hand are slightly thicker and there is more space between the highlights and the hand like harrington suggested so it is more balanced throughout the logo. oh and i changed the S a little and the B on the other side just to even out the symmetry. hopefully it is better now... i may do some more things with this like the Bee all alone and an alternative logo but I want to get the primary right first

bees-1.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe try removing the white circle from the eye, just to compare which looks better, i'm not sure. The bees right arm should be longer, seems like the left one is bent and still longer than the right.

Other than that, I love it. Reminds me a lot of the Hornets' logo, except much much better. Nice work

I didnt think the mouth was that bad but after seeing without it, I definitely like it without it. Im kinda on the fence on the teal on the ball though.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I extended the left arm some. before i thought about extending it but thought maybe it was coming across to the viewer as at a slight angle towards you so it was ok a little short, but i can see it is better with length now. hopefully its there. i got rid of the teal on the ball since teal and yellow never made contact in any other part of the logo it makes sense not to have them touch there as some suggested. some of you werent too big on the white cicle on the eye so i added a version wihout it just to see. i personally think the eye loses alot without the white highlight when comparing but i guess i might be in the minority. ive never done an insect before and one of the cool things about them is there huge glaring eyes so i thought to make them really pop. i dont know. which one is better as far as eye????? i'd like to hear what you guys think about it....

bees-2.gif

the white highlight on the eye is a must...maybe try it as an oval angle with the teal highlight...

hand highlights...just one thumb highlighted yellow with every other finger on both hands looks odd...maybe try all yellow on the highlighted side of the bee while keeping the shadowed side teal...

i noticed you took away the teal shadow from the ball...have you tryed white highlights at the top of the ball?

footer_helmet.gif

the white highlight on the eye is a must...maybe try it as an oval angle with the teal highlight...

exactly. I think thats what threw it off for people the first time around, is that its a perfect little circle and doesnt really flow with the rest of the curves.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Here are 3 versions with slight differences in the color of shading on the arm and hand. the first one is the same as i had it before with the thumb a yellow highlight since its facing up and the heands are highlighted on the under side so they are teal. that was my rationalal behind it to get a nice blend of yellow and teal and since ther is so little teal to begin with i dont want to take it away really like 1st Down suggested. the second has all yellow and the third has no yellow highlights on the upper body and that is my least favorite. i still like the first best but i'd like to hear what you think. its really so minor maybe nobody cares either way. also added a white highlight on the ball and changed the white dot on the eye to an oval

bees-3.gif

Hey Jaha. Love the concept.

Of the latest set. The middle one is the best. I think if you just take away the light blue "highlights" on the middle of the chest and the bee's left shoulder, you would have it perfect. I don't think either really add to the logo. Keep the highlights of yellow on his right arm. You can definitely do away with the middle highlight of light blue. If you want to keep the other shoulder highlight, make it smaller or ona different angle. right now it doesn't add anything to the dimension of the bee.

Archived