Birmingham Bees

jaha32

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty sweet. I agree with Firefly about the mouth. I think it would add a little focus on the superbly rendered hands to lose the mouth. BTW, is this for Birmingham England or Alabama? Just curious because the English pronunciation sounds better to me.You know, Birmingh'm compared to Bir ming hayam.

Love everything about it. The wordmark is awesome and so are the hands. The light blue really adds to the overall package. I agree with the others that the mouth is unnecessary.

Everytime you post a concept, it's a pleasure to look at.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

i love this logo. i think the 2 white highlights (on the eye and face) are overkill though. i dont think you need either of them. the "S" also looks a bit funky, i thik it would be nicer like this...

1zz0r9i.png

also, try some veried width strokes on the ball. it might have a bit more rythem with the rest of the logo

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Very Charlotte Hornets, and very good. I'd definitely look at losing the mouth, or at least changing it. Perhaps a thin blue stroke coming up from the bottom of the head would work. I also think the yellow highlights on the arm and hand could be thickened. Everywhere else you've used yellow, it's for big sections of color, and I think it would look better if they all matched.

Other than those small nitpicks, this is really nice.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

one of those concepts where you click on it thinking, "ehhh, this will be mediocre just like any other"

and then when you open it you raise your eyebrows!!!! i was like, HOLY!!

amazing looking logo!!! even the finger pointing is appealing rather than lame. Might just throw this in my top 10 original logos done on this site. masterful job!

thanks for all the feedback guys. every time i make a post i really have no idea what the feedback will be like and am happy with what you guys said. i will get rid of the mouth and make the other changes you suggested, like some of the highlights and the ball, and post them soon when i get a chance. BrandNstudio, I know what your saying about the S but was thinking the entire wordmark's overall symmetrical shape looked better overall altho the S itself is a little different if that makes sense. i will see what i can do with that. undead, thanks for the comments also as always.

That's pretty sweet. I agree with Firefly about the mouth. I think it would add a little focus on the superbly rendered hands to lose the mouth. BTW, is this for Birmingham England or Alabama? Just curious because the English pronunciation sounds better to me.You know, Birmingh'm compared to Bir ming hayam.

i forgot to answer your question a second ago...i was thinkng Alabama. i know birmingham, alabama is names after the england one since they both were industrial but other than that i dont know too much about the england place.

Good work here. The only thing that really jumped out at me was the fineness of the fingers. They definitely need a little more thickness to match the overall line width of the drawing, and what I mean by that is to just add more purple around the perimeter of them while leaving the teal highlights where they are. The lines on the basketball could also be made a little more dynamic by varying their width. I don't really have a problem with the white areas on the face and eye, but I will say the the white mark on the face did not read as a mouth to me until it was stated. Thought it was just a highlight.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't really have a problem with the white areas on the face and eye, but I will say the the white mark on the face did not read as a mouth to me until it was stated. Thought it was just a highlight.

Same here, I thought it was a highlight. I would just do something to it to make it look more like a mouth

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

thanks for all the feedback guys. every time i make a post i really have no idea what the feedback will be like and am happy with what you guys said. i will get rid of the mouth and make the other changes you suggested, like some of the highlights and the ball, and post them soon when i get a chance. BrandNstudio, I know what your saying about the S but was thinking the entire wordmark's overall symmetrical shape looked better overall altho the S itself is a little different if that makes sense. i will see what i can do with that. undead, thanks for the comments also as always.

yea i see why you treated the "s" the way you did, it gives it a nice symmetrical silhouette, but the actual form of the letter ends up just looking weird and it dosnt quite match the others. i think you have the right idea, just keep working at it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived